X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP for Amlogic devices.

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
    Can anyone help with this?

Has anyone got TWRP running from a Beelink S82 / S82H / M8 or Tronsmart S89 / S89H?

Thanks
    I have! S89-H

Comment

Will you release the TWRP 2.8.0.1 version for S89-H?

Comment

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
        Will you release the TWRP 2.8.0.1 version for S89-H?
        Yes, but it's 2.8.0.0. The last number is specific to official model implementation and are used to mark model specif corrections.
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

I see people saying boot twrp from SD Card, its safer
          so im assuming that you can boot this while still leaving stock recovery in place
          how is this done, ive read through the whole thread but dont see how to do this.

Comment

Place recovery.img in the root of the SD card and power the box while pressing the reset button.

Tapatalked
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Thanks, finally got round to installing 1.9 and this. Works great, although twrp isn't full screen?

Comment

Read the OP.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  Place recovery.img in the root of the SD card and power the box while pressing the reset button.

Tapatalked
                  Good day, i was wondering the same as racky and the method mentioned brought latest stock recovery 09/17 i also tried reboot to recovery but thhis time no recovery was loaded up, just a black screen.

Looking into run twrp from ext sdcard as well and willing to test

Comment

I havent tried SD card method yet. Cos I got the 109k4 installed successfully by editing the aml script to wipe system

Comment

If only recovery.img doesn't work place the aml script also, edit it to not wipe anything to be safe.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
                        I havent tried SD card method yet. Cos I got the 109k4 installed successfully by editing the aml script to wipe system
                        Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                        If only recovery.img doesn't work place the aml script also, edit it to not wipe anything to be safe.

Tapatalked
                        alright then, will try an empty aml script as the original only have the following in it:

--update_package=/sdcard/k200-ota-20140917.zip
                        --wipe_data
                        --wipe_cache
                        --wipe_media

Comment

Just tried it. Veronica. Twrp from SD works for me with NO aml script

Comment

That was my impression. But i don't use it on SD, but i did try it.
                            Thanks for reporting.

Tapatalked

Comment

Though I did use the reboot app to boot to recovery
                              I didn't use the reset pin method. But that should be the same in theory

Comment

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
                                Just tried it. Veronica. Twrp from SD works for me with NO aml script

Hmm weird.Do you have latest stock recovery that came with 109k4 installed? i tried again but it keeps going to stock recovery, no more black screen at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X