Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nexbox a95x and after flashing a zip file im unable to boot into system, it keeps bringing to twrp recovery, any suggestions on how to load into systems from TWRP recovery ?
    Please help as im stuck

Comment

Anyone here help me to create trwp recovery for this device

this is offical recovery image
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F...xxRnBLU0E/view

This is link for software
      http://www.icone.bz/downloads/Androi...p?id=stwo_1371

And this is link for information about this device
      http://www.icone.bz
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by abuzainalabedeen; 11-05-2017, 08:24.

Comment

TWRP for Alfawise H96 Pro+ ??

Comment

Guest Apologies if this question is answered already, but 95 pages is a lot to go through.

I have made a TWRP backup from my firmware, and now want to install it on some other devices of mine.

The problem is that on those devices you can't install or boot into TWRP recovery, also burn card maker doesn't work because you can't boot in stock recovery either, so the only way to install a firmware is with usb burning tool.

Is there a way to make an image file from the TWRP backup, or some way to backup to an image file?

The devices are S905X and I used TWRP 3.0.2

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, yes and no. You can convert the raw images to what USB Burning Tool needs using abootimg and make_ext4fs (and trimming bootloader in a hex editor). However, you still need the u-boot binaries from an existing Amlogic burn package for that device. You're just replacing the *.PARTITION files in the tmp/level1 directory, but without those u-boot files (DDR.USB, UBOOT.USB, aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT) you can't flash it to the device.

Guest Do you know if somebody have built a TWRP V3.1.1.0 for the Nexbox A95X 2gb/16gb (P212) ?

Regards

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If the stock p212 version I made doesn't work, just let me know. I've actually got one of those for testing, but it's only 1GB DRAM and so I don't use it much.

Guest Off topic to this thread, but since you're a developer I hope you're able to answer my question.

I flash a custom firmware to a device with an lcd display. Afterwards the display doesn't work any more.

Is there a way, probably by moving files from the stock rom to the custom rom, to make the display work again?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Migrating the kernel module (*.ko file in /system/lib) for the display could work.

Thanks for your response, I'll give it a try.

Is this a simple copy and paste job, or do i need to use Terminal or any other software?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Just copy it over in TWRP File Manager and set permissions to chmod 744. You might also need to set SELinux permissions, but that will be done automatically when you apply file contexts in make_ext4fs.

Thanks but the make_ext4fs remark goes over my head.

The box that has the stock firmware is also unable to open in TWRP, but I can copy the file with Rootexplorer.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Just set the file permissions to match the other .ko files in Rootexplorer and you should be fine.

I gave it a try, but it didn't work unfortunately.

In the stock rom were 4 .ko files, and since I didn't know which one for the display I moved them all 4 using Rootexplorer, then changed the permissions to 644 as they were in the stock.

I noticed that the flashed firmware however had 13 .ko files.

The firmware I used is from EM95X, which also has a display standard. Everything works perfect, wifi - bluetooth - remote, only the display doesn't

Comment

Hi all, Google has unfortunately the contacts now syncronized with the Gmail account, with an Android TV box you can now install no contacts app more, because the box is not assigned to any mobile phone number or Whatsapp, etc. Does anyone know a way like me can import the contacts anyway or a trick? The contacts App loads and loads and nothing happens. That annoys me completely. I have the Yoka KB2 Pro 3GB / 32GB Android 7.1.1.

I tried xposet Framwork to install, then the box is stuck in the boat.

Is there a Gapps.zip for S912 boxes?

I would be very happy if a professional would help me. Thank you and do not let me hang Thank you.

Next I would be interested if you can overclock the Lan speed in a TV box, I can only 230mbit maximum with the box, but I have DSL 400mbit The box is supposed to 1000mbit Lan can, but probably not, I already have Cat6 cable connected. Does not change anything. Maximum 230mbit.

Does anyone advice? Thank you.

Comment

I have downloaded TWRP to Mecool M8 Pro L, now I can not get into recovery - the tv box hangs. What is wrong. I'm sorry for my english.

Comment

ok.how to upload it

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                From a Terminal window, type "su" to get to root mode, then "dd if=twrp.img of=/dev/block/recovery". (Assuming your new TWRP image is named twrp.img.)

I used to be able to get into Twrp recovery when i was running Android 6.0.1 stock Rom. My device is Mxq pro + based on s905x. 2gb/16gb. PThe recovery i used was twrp.p212-3.1.1-0.img.

Yesterday I burn the 7.1.2 Rom. Everything was smooth but i realized i cannot get back to twrp anymore. It hangs at the s905x logo.

Tried a few other twrp they did not work. One of them is twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0.img. Now it gets into an infinite bootloop, repeatedly showing the s905x logo.

Sent from my Max using Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I've found that you generally have to rebuild TWRP for Nougat with the new kernel. It's not clear why, but the new Amlogic Nougat bootloaders won't recognize ones built for Marshmallow.

So meaning now there is no compatible TWRP for p212 reference design s905x 2/16 on Android 7 ?

Comment

I used a somewhat hacking method and the hacked twrp is able to boot now. This is what I did.Â*

I noticed that when I put the boot image as recovery.img on sd card, it is able to boot. However if I unpack it using umkbootimg and repack using mkbootimg, it did not boot. There is a warning about kernel address non standard at 0x1080000. So i hardcoded the address into mkbootimg.c, then it boots fine.

Then I merged the files from bootimg using the kernel and ramdisk into the files from twrp.p212 you created (basically just rsync) and created a new twrp. And that boots fine but screen is messed up. Basically its like it got the wrong resolution.

I am still checking if apart from screen is there anything else which is messed up.

p/s: merging of the ramdisk is not even necessary. Just use the kernel from installed ROM into twrp.p212 will produce the same effect. It boots but the bottom of screen shows a repeat of top.
              Last edited by mctiew; 12-02-2017, 02:20.

Comment

Working...
              X