No announcement yet.

Linux for Amlogic S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all and particular balbes150, ty for all your excellent work.

I actually run
    Code:
    Armbian_5.37_S805_Debian_stretch_3.10.99_xfce_20180112.img
    on my 805 and works like a sharm with the dtb.img from librelec , ethernet is working out of the box, hdmi too with appropriate resolution

Even /root/install.sh is working fine , it boots from internal nand

I use this box not for media player, but as as ASTERISK voip pbx and internal XMPP chat server and it runs smoothly

The only thing I didn't manage to work on armbian is this infamous s9083 wifi chip . Is not fundamental, but you know tech people, is now a deal to make it work

any point to solve the question ? Can I take the s9083.ko from somewhere and copy paste in armbian ?

Thank you in advance

Comment

I doubt that the module will operate from a different core.

Comment

balbes150

first of all thank you for replaying, I follow this posts since long time and you always answer to people questions and are very kind. This is great from you !!!

I will try to compile the firmware/driver but is not really needed, just a personal satisfaction.

I will go now one moment OFF TOPIC:

I have several ( hundreds) of RK3229 that I bought in stock. Mostly are 2 giga ram 16 giga rom and mostly were just flashed with wrong firmware.

Did you ever studied those ? Heve you ever managed to compile/put linix on ? I saw exists toipic for other RK but those 3229 seems not very interesting
        I ALWAYS have uart and oscilloscope bounded to boards to follow what happening, if needed.

Any topic about ?

Cheers

Last edited by fabiobassa; 06-06-2019, 14:45.

Comment

I do not have such equipment, I have not tried how it works.

Comment

Ok seems that the producer of 9083 never released the src neither a precompiled object so definitely this module will NOT work

​​​​​My last question to Mr. balbes150 :

For my pbx application need compile "dadhi" and I will do directly on the board ( NO crosscompiling).
            Of course I need the sources or/and the headers but no-one avaible to apt-get.
            If I download the 3.10.99 kernel, put in /usr/src of the board ( rename to Linux or leave with 3.10.99 suffix?? ) will it be used for compilation ?
            Will it work?or do I need more tuning for compiling ?

Comment

On the site in the directory "deb" there is a package with kernel headers from the used image. You can download and install them with the command "dpkg".

https://yadi.sk/d/UVhUb9pV3SHAWh

Comment

balbes150

dear balbes ty so much for pointing me at it.
                In this huge information, links and posts I didn't even realized that was already done headers.

Really ty, YOU are exactly the right person for a forum, always kind and ready to answer.
                Really appreciated

Fabio, from Italy

Comment

fabiobassa does youtube run smoothly? i just new s805 box today. i got sound too fast. youtube struggle like gpu acceleration not working.

Comment

Jimmylamz

I don't know, maybe you missed when I said

Code:
                    I use this box not for media player, but as as ASTERISK voip pbx and internal XMPP chat server and it runs smoothly
                    I don't use for media

Comment

Hi, this project is still active? Any luck with HW acceleration?

Comment

Working...
                      X