This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by linux4eva View Post
    I have received the projector from Gearbest. The item appeared to be used and the package was broken. The device has Android 6.0. There are a few issues.
    First of all I'm not able to get both upper and lower parts of the screen being focused equally even if I put the projector level with the centre of the screen, but this is a minor issue.
    The major issue is that projector has linear display gamma setting. Which means that shadows are clipped. If you are watching a dark movie or there is an afroamerican actor - you won't see any details there.
    I checked the gamma setting using the Display Tester app which indicated a linear 1.0 gamma. i checked my LG G4 phone and was surprised to reaveal that the gamma is 1.6. The standard for computer monitors is gamma 2.2 (except older macs). I searched the internet and was surprised how little concern this issue gathers mostly I found issues raised by game designers that games using Unity or Unreal engines look dark on Android devices.
    I found Color Changer Pro [root] app which allows to change gamma setting except on Android 6.0.
    [url="http://pruss.mobi/dl/colorchangertest.apk"]Here is a download link[url] for the apk of this app where gamma setting is still not hidden in Android 6.0? but does not work. The beta version link acquired from XDA forum topic.
    Anyone else has the problem and is there any solution?
    Hi there,
    in regard to your tought about if the unit was used. I got my projector over two weeks ago with Android 6.0.1 and at first I thought it was used but it turn out the unit has a film plastic on the top if you try gently in one of the corners to remove it you will find out its a new projector.

the other note please don't use this ROM because it will not match with the unit configuration this ROM for 5.1 and yours 6.0.1

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ixoixo View Post
      How to root? I can't find that mentioned app... Where to download that?
      "...use the included update app to flash it!"
      is your projector has S905 or S905x? this ROM for S905.

Comment

My projector has S905. Android 5.1.1

Comment

My projector has S905. Android 5.1.1
          Ok then this is the right ROM for your projector.

Comment

How to root? I can't find that mentioned app... Where to download that?
            "...use the included update app to flash it!"
            Magisk... google it!

Comment

Excellent ROM. !!
              Superceleron I would like to know how i can get into recovery mode.

I applied your rom and it is working fine .
              I need to boot the projector in recovery mode so I can root it with Magisk.

I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Excellent ROM. !!
                Superceleron I would like to know how i can get into recovery mode.

I applied your rom and it is working fine .
                I need to boot the projector in recovery mode so I can root it with Magisk.

I really appreciate your help.
                Use the update&backup app, that is in the rom.. it wil flash just fine magisk

Comment

Thank you so much!!
                  It worked!!!

Comment

Hi Superceleron,

I followed your instructions, and USB_Boot_Loader said it installed 100%, but the projector stayed on the screen of "no Signal". and since then I have not been able to reflash the rom. It just says the "USB Control Setup" error.

I've tired 5 different versions of USB_Boot_Loader and get the same response. I have tried two different cables and both of them say the device is connected to the computer. I've also tried 2 different computers
                    I also tried the stock firmware - https://mega.nz/#F!IroH1ZAC!ALsvsKPhMPekbRTLkSuh1A but get the same error. - "USB control Setup"

I bought my h96-p from gearbest and it says it is running the s905 not the s905x, so that's why I did the install.

Any suggestions you have would be so great as I only received the projector on Friday!!

Please, any help would great.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sn4dr4gon View Post
                      Hi Superceleron,

I followed your instructions, and USB_Boot_Loader said it installed 100%, but the projector stayed on the screen of "no Signal". and since then I have not been able to reflash the rom. It just says the "USB Control Setup" error.

I've tired 5 different versions of USB_Boot_Loader and get the same response. I have tried two different cables and both of them say the device is connected to the computer. I've also tried 2 different computers
                      I also tried the stock firmware - https://mega.nz/#F!IroH1ZAC!ALsvsKPhMPekbRTLkSuh1A but get the same error. - "USB control Setup"

I bought my h96-p from gearbest and it says it is running the s905 not the s905x, so that's why I did the install.

Any suggestions you have would be so great as I only received the projector on Friday!!

Please, any help would great.

Thanks
                      Hmm i think you got the s905x.... i think it still says in their site s905 but is s905x if im not mistaken!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Hmm i think you got the s905x.... i think it still says in their site s905 but is s905x if im not mistaken!
                        Any ideas how to solve this?

I just bought a 15cm USB male to male cable and still getting the same error about USB?

Comment

Hi folks!
                          I have a question to owner about one element of electronic inside. I need to know which tranzistor is on the mainboard in very simple to see place -> look at attachments.
                          I can't find schematics to this device, so I try to get information here. In my device this tnasistor was burned, and only what I could read on mark was X... (but don't know witch SMD X)
                          Please help me
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by wolq; 03-10-2020, 21:41.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My H96 p android projector when I started day before it started showing no signal error. Nothing else happen on screen. Nothing is connected to usb or hdmi. It was working fine other day. Pls suggest what to do.

thanks

Comment

Hi Guys,

My H96 p android projector when I started day before it started showing no signal error. Nothing else happen on screen. Nothing is connected to usb or hdmi. It was working fine other day. Tried pushing reset button aswell. Pls suggest what to do.

thanks

Comment

"No signal error" means the unit is based on s905x, not s905. Also this means the bootloader is destroyed, so you have to find and flash an original s905x firmware.

While for the s906x-based H96-P nothing has found in the open internet (at least from my side), I would recommend you to flash the firmware from the similar and differently branded unit:

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...projector.html

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска
                                Last edited by snuk182; 02-20-2022, 11:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X