Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM][OEM] Mecool M8S Plus W (Android TV) by VideoStrong

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post

    Where is your tutorial? You don?t speak of the tutorial in beginning of this thread of Novato ?

    Form me to go from Plus W to Pro W this will improve the wifi speed?? If not, which advantage i will get to make this? At this moment the box is working fine, only the low wifi speed is very bad.
    ​​​​
    So dude, my native language is Portuguese and I use Google Translator to write here on the topic, but I believe even a child can understand.

    If you have an M8S Plus W or M8S Pro W with Plus W firmware, you can easily change the firmware to the OEM ATV firmware made by VideoStrong if you follow the information in POST 1.

    You can read it again or several until you understand. This topic has helped some users with the briked device, or who would like to test Android TV on a device like the M8S plus W.

    I hope I may have helped in some way.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
      Did not try magendanz yet
      Is there any compatibility? From what I've been reading there, it's possible that using the Magendanz firmware will cause hardbrick on devices compatible with the firmware of this post.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Novato View Post

        ​​​​
        So dude, my native language is Portuguese and I use Google Translator to write here on the topic, but I believe even a child can understand.

        If you have an M8S Plus W or M8S Pro W with Plus W firmware, you can easily change the firmware to the OEM ATV firmware made by VideoStrong if you follow the information in POST 1.

        You can read it again or several until you understand. This topic has helped some users with the briked device, or who would like to test Android TV on a device like the M8S plus W.

        I hope I may have helped in some way.
        tambem falo portugues, estou confuso porque estava falar com soldiaz ele falou do tuturial dele e agora respondes tu, Novato que confus?o!!

        Comment


          #64
          Portuguese...

          Tudo bem, tambem nao entendi bem o ultimo post dele mas creio que nao foi proposital. No link presente no topo 1 existem dois firmwares.

          O firmware .img, se trata do firmware que vem instalado de fabrica no M8S Plus W. Alguns estao usando para recuperar o M8S Pro W, vc pode ver melhor aqui.

          O firmware .zip, se trata do firmware ATV que vem de fabrica nos dispositivos M8S Pro W 2.4G. Ele se mostrou compativel com o M8S Plus W tambem.

          De fato que alguns firmwares trabalham em dispositivos de ouras marcas. No meu M8S Pro (s912) o firmware do Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 e Beelink GT1 funcionam nele.

          No entanto os firmwares do M8S Pro L, Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 Plus e Beelink GT1 Ultimate nao sao compativeis. Embora tenham o mesmo processador.

          Por favor nao responda esse POST em portugues, apos vc ler irei editar e deixe-lo em ingles, pois temos que respeitar as regras do forum. Tive que editar removendo os acentos ...

          In English....

          Okay, I also did not understand his last post but I believe it was not intentional. In the link in the top 1 there are two firmwares.

          The firmware .img, this is the firmware that comes factory installed on the M8S Plus W. Some are using it to recover the M8S Pro W, you can see better here.

          The .zip firmware, this is the ATV firmware that comes from the factory on the M8S Pro W 2.4G devices. It proved to be compatible with the M8S Plus W as well.

          In fact, some firmwares work on devices from other brands. In my M8S Pro (s912) the firmware of the Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 and Beelink GT1 work on it.

          However the firmware of the M8S Pro L, Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 Plus and Beelink GT1 Ultimate are not compatible. Although they have the same processor.
          Last edited by Novato; 12-03-2018, 20:06.

          Comment


            #65
            Maybe better switch to English...

            Ok, as far as I have ssen there is MAGENDANZ S905w NEXUS rom....there are a lot of MAGENDANZ roms..as well as for s912..so watch out!

            This is for S905w: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

            isn't it??

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

              >> Ok, as far as I have ssen there is MAGENDANZ S905w NEXUS rom....there are a lot of MAGENDANZ roms..as well as for s912..so watch out! <<

              This is for S905w: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

              isn't it??
              I believe that your translation into English was not good ... A few phrases meaningless ... About this firmware, I have said several times that there may be a bootloader incompatibility .. But you can try the Magendanz ATV firmware on your device and then speak whether it is compatible or not.

              Comment


                #67
                alright, i'll try!

                For now short tutorial howto change shitty M8s Plus W --> Mecool M8s pro W:

                Needed stuff:

                https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/4MfTg829/file.html (Tools.zip)

                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view (Target firmware thanks Novato )

                Let's change...


                2. Extract fw and tools
                3. Get recovery.img from M8sPro W dir and put on USB Stick along with flashify and M8sPro W update.zip
                4. Bootup device
                5. Install flashify
                6. Start flashify and select Flash recovery. Then choose file recovery.img from USB Stick and flash
                7. Install powermenu.apk and launch, select reboot recovery
                8. In Recovery select update.zip from USB stick
                9. Wipe cache, factory reset
                10. Boot to system. BE ON REAL ATV

                That is all, no editing or sth else
                Last edited by soldiaz; 12-03-2018, 20:23.

                Comment


                  #68
                  In English....

                  Okay, I also did not understand his last post but I believe it was not intentional. In the link in the top 1 there are two firmwares.

                  The firmware .img, this is the firmware that comes factory installed on the M8S Plus W. Some are using it to recover the M8S Pro W, you can see better here.

                  The .zip firmware, this is the ATV firmware that comes from the factory on the M8S Pro W 2.4G devices. It proved to be compatible with the M8S Plus W as well.

                  In fact, some firmwares work on devices from other brands. In my M8S Pro (s912) the firmware of the Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 and Beelink GT1 work on it.

                  However the firmware of the M8S Pro L, Tanix TX92, Vorke Z6 Plus and Beelink GT1 Ultimate are not compatible. Although they have the same processor.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                    alright, i'll try!

                    For now short tutorial howto change shitty M8s Plus W --> Mecool M8s pro W:

                    Needed stuff:

                    Tools
                    Twrp
                    ROM

                    Let's change...

                    1. Download this files?
                    2. Extract fw and tools
                    3. Get recovery.img from M8sPro W dir and put on USB Stick along with flashify and M8sPro W update.zip
                    4. Bootup device
                    5. Install flashify
                    6. Start flashify and select Flash recovery. Then choose file recovery.img from USB Stick and flash
                    7. Install powermenu.apk and launch, select reboot recovery
                    8. In Recovery select update.zip from USB stick
                    9. Wipe cache, factory reset
                    10. Boot to system

                    That is all, no editing or sth else
                    You can upload only TWRP.img and OTA_M8S_Pro_W.zip apart?

                    Comment


                      #70
                      No TWRP needed..flash provided stock. Whne done you can launch TWRP VITMOD which can be launched temporarily through STOCK recovery! But you dont have to!! You can flash M8s pro W OTA through stock recovery

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Novato : I confirm this rom by Magendanz bricks the box: update_M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.zip. YOU MUST NOT FLASH THIS!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                          Novato : I confirm this rom by Magendanz bricks the box: update_M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.zip. YOU MUST NOT FLASH THIS!
                          It's like I said, but you guys are a bit stubborn lol

                          The problem is not in the Magendanz firmware, i let this be clear. The fact that the brick happens is perhaps in the bootloader of our device.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                            No TWRP needed..flash provided stock. Whne done you can launch TWRP VITMOD which can be launched temporarily through STOCK recovery! But you dont have to!! You can flash M8s pro W OTA through stock recovery
                            So would not it be better to follow my present step by step in topic 1? Of course yours is an alternative too.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Yepp could be bootloader but script says INSTALLING NEW BOOTLOADER if I remember right...

                              Decide yourself...I guess for some junior members mine would be easier since you dont have to search for build prop and that stuff.

                              There is another firm I tried after I bricked my box :-P:

                              https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ng-performance

                              Bistala made the post.

                              I feel this to be more fluent..but my feeling might be wrong...

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                                Yepp could be bootloader but script says INSTALLING NEW BOOTLOADER if I remember right...

                                Decide yourself...I guess for some junior members mine would be easier since you dont have to search for build prop and that stuff.

                                There is another firm I tried after I bricked my box :-P:

                                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ng-performance

                                Bistala made the post.

                                I feel this to be more fluent..but my feeling might be wrong...
                                hello soldiaz, it is rare that your box has been bricked, in my case it works without problems, very fluid,with emulators like, ppsspp, mame4droid, reicast works without any problem, which with the official firmware worked slow ,it only has the problem of netflix that I am trying to solve, maybe your box is a different revision to the one I have, that's why bricked

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X