• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
    alright, i'll try!

For now short tutorial howto change shitty M8s Plus W --> Mecool M8s pro W:

Needed stuff:

https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/4MfTg829/file.html (Tools.zip)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view (Target firmware thanks Novato )

Let's change...

2. Extract fw and tools
    3. Get recovery.img from M8sPro W dir and put on USB Stick along with flashify and M8sPro W update.zip
    4. Bootup device
    5. Install flashify
    6. Start flashify and select Flash recovery. Then choose file recovery.img from USB Stick and flash
    7. Install powermenu.apk and launch, select reboot recovery
    8. In Recovery select update.zip from USB stick
    9. Wipe cache, factory reset
    10. Boot to system. BE ON REAL ATV

That is all, no editing or sth else
    Hi there and thank you for sharing, same issue to recover initial state for M8S pro w - with m8s plus w rom. I tried fast tutorial but can not bypass point 6., because flashify detects than app is not paid (billing issue)?? so screen freezes, and can only go to Home screen,

Any help plz ? or any other method ? tried a lot theses last days with no result

Comment

Weired....because flashify is free....maybe you can use TWRP.apk to flash stock recovery?

Possible that app freezes for like 1 minute..but after that recovery is flashed

Comment

Is it possible to cast (Chromecats, Miracast or any other cast) the screen from a phone or tablet to Mecool m8s pro w (converted to Mecool m8s plus using post 1 in this thread)?
        I am able to cast pictures but not the whole screen. I have my mecool connected with ethernet cabel to router and phone connected with wifi to the same LAN, is this a problem for cast? Does it have to be wifi on both the mecool and the phone/tablet?

Regards,
        Fredrik
        MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Comment

Hello,

When i try to rename the file to the correct date es explorer wont let me edit the file.

Any ideas?

Ty

Comment

I tried again with "Forcefully erase all" and it keeps rebooting, progress bar goes like 5%, reboot, gray progress bar gets full, green up to 5%, reboot and again and again...

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
              ​In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added.
              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20181130_105546.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	753166

Note: This is the official Mecool M8S Pro W 2.4 (Android TV version). Do not attempt to install it if your device is the non-Android version of Mecool M8S Pro W, this will cause problems for your device. Try the procedure below only if your device is the M8S Plus W. Neither I nor the freaktabs forum are liable for any damage to your device. That said good luck, and let's go.

How to make it? Very simple, next a little tutorial:
              1. Download the M8S Pro W ATV OEM Firmware here.
              2. Using Es File Explore modify target Version Date (below).
              3. Put the firmware on the USB stick, connect to the box​​​​​​.
              4. Go to the UPDATE app, open and choose local update
              5. Choose firmware.zip from the root of the your pendrive.
              6. Check Wipe Data and Wipe Media, data will be cleaned.
              7. Press confirm and wait for the update to complete
              In step 2 you will need to make some changes to build.prop and default.prop, see below:

Go to system/build.prop, find the line "ro.buid.figerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20180523.122853.V0213:userdebug/". Change date '20180523' to '20180223' and save the change. Go to root/default.prop and repeat the same procedure above in /default.prop on last line:

On my device Wi-Fi did not start so I had to make another change in the build.prop
              1. Go to /data/misc/wifi/ now delete wpa_supplication.conf and NetworkHistory.txt.
              2. Shutdown your device and wait 20 minutes, turn on and connect on your wifi again.
              Save the modify and reboot you device. Congratulations!
              Especial thanks for: Guest Marcelo Filgueira and sappy
              Hi Novato
              First of all thank you on this work, I was able to unbrick a M8S Pro W (REV 2.2 / blue board...)
              I have a question. You said you experience issues with the Wifi "On my device Wi-Fi did not start so I had to make another change in the build.prop". I am having the same issue What exactly did you modify in the build.prop?
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                alright, i'll try!

For now short tutorial howto change shitty M8s Plus W --> Mecool M8s pro W:

Needed stuff:

https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/4MfTg829/file.html (Tools.zip)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view (Target firmware thanks Novato )

Let's change...

2. Extract fw and tools
                3. Get recovery.img from M8sPro W dir and put on USB Stick along with flashify and M8sPro W update.zip
                4. Bootup device
                5. Install flashify
                6. Start flashify and select Flash recovery. Then choose file recovery.img from USB Stick and flash
                7. Install powermenu.apk and launch, select reboot recovery
                8. In Recovery select update.zip from USB stick
                9. Wipe cache, factory reset
                10. Boot to system. BE ON REAL ATV

That is all, no editing or sth else
                Flashify doesn't work, tried different versions, I could install the firmware using the steps in post #1, only problem was the WiFi, I tried steps on Post #1 didn't work, using es explorer I entered Network from there I could turn the WiFi On then I got the WiFi working, so far the M8S Plus W now has the Pro firmware installed, what I did notice is the 8G now only has 4G but I can live wiith that.............................thanks for the info........................it could be nice to find out where I can install a reset button in order to use the USB Burning tool for in the future update or recovery..............

Comment

Working...
                X