Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks wolfynwo this is really appreciated!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a 2gb/8gb android 6 905x box labelled as a t95n that has had problems with kodi stopping working all the time.
      It used to boot up with a 905x logo and had the newer black background frontpage when booted up.
      I have flashed it with the firmware in the link above (465) and now have a none working remote control and when i went to set hdmi cec to on it set my settings page to Chinese and there is no "A" symbol to change the language back to English?!

The seller of the box sent me a file to do an update but it has no zip file in there, it has the following files.

A folder on its own containing the below 2 folders:T95N-2G-8723-161-160709
      MINI MXIII_107L1_0425.IMG

The above folder contains 2 more folders.
      IMG:

aml_sdc_burn.ini
      aml_upgrade_package.img
      u-boot.bin.sd.bin

ZIP:

factory_update_param.aml
      p201_tn2_ota_2016709.zip.baiduyun.dowloading
      p201_tn2_ota_2016709.zip.baiduyun.dowloading.cfg
      recovery.img

I am guessing i need to rename the downloading files to just .zip but am confused as hell, please help...
      Last edited by Bassit; 12-28-2016, 19:21.

Comment

Hi again, i managed to get my box working again with usb burning tool and a nexbox a95x file, the above files wouldnt even work?!!

Now though i have no remote, i have the .conf file but have no idea how to install it could someone point me in the right direction please.

EDIT: I managed to get the correct file into android with ES Explorer by using the local settings with the file on a sd card.
        Thanks for all the reply's guys..
        Last edited by Bassit; 01-01-2017, 16:31.

Comment

Hi,

I have a mini m8sii (16gb rom & 2gb ram) and I am looking to find a stock or another stable firmware.Could anyone help me how to find and update the firmware of tv box??

I have this informations actually:

Version : 6.0.1
          Build : p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J20161107 test-keys
          Kernel version : 3.14.29 Mon Nov 7 11:55:26
          Rom version : 109

I didn't get any ota update for tv box.

Can you suggest any other version which is tested and working well??

Comment

Hi,
            I have LibreElec installed and would like to go back to the original UI.How do I do that?

Comment

Hi does anyone know if there is going to be anymore updates as the last update caused some issues and it has been a couple months since the the last update that slowed the processor down caused issues when copying files to and from the device and caused spmc to crash made better by disabling amcodec on old version of spmc but still can't use the latest spmc as always get web server failed to start but fine on other devices and fine when using older version of spmc the current firmware I have is p212-user debug 6.0.1 mhc19j 20161013 or has there been an update that my box isn't receiving like I had trouble when the last update was released thank you in advanced for your reply

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.Aaron.Barrass View Post
                spmc as always get web server failed to start but fine on other devices
                You might have also another Kodi or FTMC installed on same box with web server enabled on same port!
                Check it...

Comment

Hi,

You will find a modded rom of the mini m8sii at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...see-first-post (and https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ustom-t3513805)
                  And the version 109 seems to be the last one.

Comment

Latest official firmwares
                    110: https://yadi.sk/d/8YrQvOPr3GLPAu
                    111: https://share108.com/lfr0fck85pq3/up...x_20170224.zip http://filefactory.com/file/3d0l8jx1...x_20170224.zip
                    112: https://yadi.sk/d/17XGQt7C3GND9p

Comment

Hello,
                      I have a big problem.
                      I've tried to make the update from an SD card with Amlogic Burn Card Maker but the upgrading screen is always stucked at 5% of the progress bar.
                      Everything I've tried is not working, I can't manage to install rv 112, 111, 110 or put back the 109 version.
                      I've also tried with Amlogic USB Burning Tool but to no avail.
                      I get the following errors:
                      - [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out
                      - [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result
                      - [0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error
                      There are few questions to ask:
                      - Do I need the stock firmware that came with my Mini M8SII box?
                      - Where can I find it?
                      - Is my Mini box bricked?

Here is a picture with the box inside:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170405_074716.jpg Views:	3 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	640472

Comment

Originally posted by sgc
                        Hello,
                        I have a big problem.
                        I've tried to make the update from an SD card with Amlogic Burn Card Maker but the upgrading screen is always stucked at 5% of the progress bar.
                        Everything I've tried is not working, I can't manage to install rv 112, 111, 110 or put back the 109 version.
                        I've also tried with Amlogic USB Burning Tool but to no avail.
                        I get the following errors:
                        - [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out
                        - [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result
                        - [0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error
                        There are few questions to ask:
                        - Do I need the stock firmware that came with my Mini M8SII box?
                        - Where can I find it?
                        - Is my Mini box bricked?

Here is a picture with the box inside:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170405_074716.jpg Views:	3 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	640472

Looks like this might be our answer!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello,

my Mini M8S II is totally bricked.

It's no more recognized by my computer (nothing happens when I plug it with the usb cable male male), it was before.

When I try to flash it with the SD Card method, it boots on the Android animated Droid without any progress bar, and nothing else happens.

If I boot normally, it's stuck on "Google TV" screen.

I don't have access to the recovery mode anymore, it's also the Android animated Droid only without anything...

Comment

Here the same situation. I can see the google tv logo, then bootloop.
                            The reset button is not working at all. I cant go te recovery and usb tool is not recognizing the box.

please help.

Comment

Hi all,

I just downloaded an IMG file from firmware 109. I have an SD but I do not know how to put the IMG file on the SD and how to install it after on the box. Can you help me ? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Microbug View Post
                                Hi all,

I just downloaded an IMG file from firmware 109. I have an SD but I do not know how to put the IMG file on the SD and how to install it after on the box. Can you help me ? Thank you
                                With an img file, you have to use the Amlogic burning tool.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X