Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scooter2014 is that post located on the main forum page or within the s905? thanks

Comment

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I have two question:
          1. I have insert a Samsung MicroSD (16 GB) and formatted it, now if I try to use it in my computer (Windows 10) to add some files I get an error about "format need", so I cannot use it on my computer. (I have the same problem if use USB pendrive and formatted it by M8S)
          2. If I try to reformat my MicroSD or USB pendrive by Windows 10 after M8S use I cannot use all the free space, for example after I have try to copy 1.5GB of data on MicroSD (16GB all free space) and I get an error about 1.5GB need. With small file I didn0t have problem.

So:
          1. How can I edit files inside MicroSD used to expand M8S memory? (with Windows)
          2. I can I restore my MicroSD and/or USB pendrive after M8S format?

regards

Comment

If you set the sd card on device (marshmellow) as system it will Not be accessable on pc. If you cant format as full them download a sd card formater and use it to bring the sd back to fill size. It gets partitioned when used as ststem memory
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

This might have been answered elsewhere, but the online update does not work. It downloads a 14 MB update and stays forever on a restarting message. If I try any of the updates linked here it restarts in recovery mode, but the update fails with some message about lack of space. Any ideas?

Comment

Well. i got there i the end.
                I have the M8S Mini ii and nothing but problems trying to flash.

Using win 10 x64, now i am currently on win 8 x86 and no joy after buying a cheap male A to male A cable.

So i bought a thicker cable this one for £1.99 and it worked :-

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1807541145...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Opened burning tool, change to english, loaded the img file, then selected Force Erase All in box on right.

Then click START, plug usb cable into REAR USB PORT, NEAR HDMI on box.

Then i held down the reset button underneath box, and whilst i did, i then connected other end of cable to pc usb 3.0 port.

I hear the windows connection ping, which i then release the reset button.

Nothing seemed to happen, waited approx 40 seconds, disconnected usb from pc, waited 5 seconds and reconnected and BAM up popped my box in burning tool window and it was installing.

Nice to see rooted

Fully working, i don't use remote as they are pointless, either Air mouse/keyboard or plug in standard mouse.

Very happy thou kodi keeps damn closing.
                Not sure but i feel it's maybe kodi issue.

I did remove pre installed version and started a fresh.

So it boiled down to has some have mentioned, the usb cable, which i believe simply does not carry enough power to box from pc, soon as thicker on in, job is a good un

Comment

Originally posted by flaviocfneto View Post
                  This might have been answered elsewhere, but the online update does not work. It downloads a 14 MB update and stays forever on a restarting message. If I try any of the updates linked here it restarts in recovery mode, but the update fails with some message about lack of space. Any ideas?
                  The online update worked no issues from box

Comment

I purchased 2 of these boxes months ago and they had terrible WiFi dropping issues. I updated the firmware via OTA and the firmware was dated 0805. Since the update, both boxes have been flawless.

I purchased 2 more of these boxes from Gearbest a month ago that finally arrived today, and the firmware on them was dated 0716. I tried to do an OTA update but it couldn't find anything.

The WiFi doesn't drop out, but the speeds are very inconsistent, and the linkspeed goes anywhere from 5Mbps to 72Mbs (what it should be at). Connection speed is excellent (full bars).

Does anyone have the latest 0805 firmware? The one in the OP is the same one that came pre-installed. In the other thread, people are actually getting new firmwares dated 0902.

Side note: These new boxes that I received have some sort of auto-Kodi programming baked into the firmware. If I wipe the data/uninstall kodi and reinstall from the Playstore, the pre-installed apps install themselves again. I tried deleting the kodi folder but it won't let me. Factory reset didn't do anything either. Had to manually uninstall all the crap it installed.

Needless to say, I'm NOT happy with these new M8S Mini IIs that I received.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
                      I purchased 2 of these boxes months ago and they had terrible WiFi dropping issues. I updated the firmware via OTA and the firmware was dated 0805. Since the update, both boxes have been flawless.

I purchased 2 more of these boxes from Gearbest a month ago that finally arrived today, and the firmware on them was dated 0716. I tried to do an OTA update but it couldn't find anything.

The WiFi doesn't drop out, but the speeds are very inconsistent, and the linkspeed goes anywhere from 5Mbps to 72Mbs (what it should be at). Connection speed is excellent (full bars).

Does anyone have the latest 0805 firmware? The one in the OP is the same one that came pre-installed. In the other thread, people are actually getting new firmwares dated 0902.

Side note: These new boxes that I received have some sort of auto-Kodi programming baked into the firmware. If I wipe the data/uninstall kodi and reinstall from the Playstore, the pre-installed apps install themselves again. I tried deleting the kodi folder but it won't let me. Factory reset didn't do anything either. Had to manually uninstall all the crap it installed.

Needless to say, I'm NOT happy with these new M8S Mini IIs that I received.
                      You can try flashing the ROM that's available on this section.

Comment

This one?: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-firmware-wip

I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll see what Gearbest has to say first because don't you need to root the device first? I'll have to read into how to install it.

Not very happy to say the least.

Comment

Yes, that one.

You don't need to root first. All you need to do is use the USB Flashing Tool to flash the ROM. Get a USB A to USB A cable, connect the box to your PC and flash the ROM. It's a bit sketchy but there are instructions somewhere on the thread. If you need help, you're welcome to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                            This one?: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-firmware-wip

I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll see what Gearbest has to say first because don't you need to root the device first? I'll have to read into how to install it.

Not very happy to say the least.

Take a look at this thread. The firmware on it is perfect for your box. I flashed it on my mini m8s ii, and all my problems are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso

Take a look at this thread. The firmware on it is perfect for your box. I flashed it on my mini m8s ii, and all my problems are gone.
                              What were those problems? I'm asking because I have issues with audio passthrough on my Mini M8S II and, if that firmware fixes it, I'll flash it right away.

Comment

Does any firmware fix the problem with Kodi (rahzel mentioned)? I want to have a clean Kodi without any 3rd party pirate addons on my box. But I always land up with the bloated Version.

Comment

Working...
                                X