No announcement yet.

X96 unbranded firmware with some fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does this mean kodi would have to be able to switch modes? The 4k files play in kodi, but the test file that o use from this link does t show properly like the examples. Tried on different firmwares/roms on one of my other boxes and not sure if I should just get a player like a shield, fire tv, or mi box.

Comment

IMHO it all depends on WHAT you watch.
      True and enjoyable 4K content is not really available for free or legally - unless you like test files, demos or some documentaries.
      So using a BD player and a disk still beats most of the stuff out there, especially when it comes to playing it correctly.
      It is the same hype as we had with HD TV and 3D, the later is now basically just a novelty thing for home use.
      HD content on a broad spectrum became available much later than disks.
      And if you take streaming into account than there is only a limited amount of internet users capable of getting the bandwidths required.

There are many sites that offer 4K test files including ll vital codec info, sadly that is not always true for the movies you find through more or less legal sources.
      When I started testing my 4K setup here I was really impressed at first by the many demo videos available on Youtube but got soon very tired of watching them.
      Then I started some testfiles and have to say most played fine using the stuff supplied with the TV but not that good using one of my TV boxes.
      Some files play fine, some stutter or have no sound while other clearly look different to what I expected (mostly due the fact that the codec was not fully supported).
      If you trust online reviews than you will soon realise there is not much out there that really does it all as advertised, maybe with the shield as an exception.
      Especially when it comes to Kodi it seems the developers support a lot but also rely a lot of the correct implementation of things in the firmware and hardware.
      But if you use a dedicated $K player with support for HDR than there is not much that does not play correctly.
      This is due to the fact that a lot of these players come with their own way of dealing with codecs and how to get them to the TV.
      So you really might want to check some current reviews on 4K players and try some of them.
      But if you are after 4K content from illegal sources through Kodi than using a shield or different box won't help you much as you will always get files that just won't play correctly.

Comment

On a firmware side of things in regards to the latest official update(s).
        After finding another updated but for the X96 with the other WiFi chip I started to wonder about two things:
        a) The folder date in the listing is current.
        b) The file dates inside are years behind.
        c) The new files are identical to those in the folders of the old updates except their size.

This made me think they are not really full updates but only updated on a file and apk level.
        Confirmation came quickly when doing some codec checks as there were no changes, not even more DRM support.
        Some apps are updated and some colors changed other than that I could only see the playstore has a different version number.
        As with earlier "updates" the the one for OTA is unrooted and with a fixed bootanimation while the one for the other Wifi chipset comes as a pack for the USB burn tool.
        Sadly no sight of Nougat but that could be a good thing as I think a stable system with software bugs is still better than something "up to date" with a lot of bugs on a firmware level by default.
        If anyone here is not from China or got the X96 with the AP6330 chipset for the WiFi by other means - I downloaded the files from Baidu can upload them elsewhere with better access.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Downunder 35m. Definitely shed some light on how I should go about 4k

Comment

Thanks for your great work in providing this firmware for the x96. I was interested in changing the bootlogo. With your unbranded firmware, I think you changed it to the Amlogic s905x logo from the standard x96 one. From my reading on this forum, I understand the bmp is in the logo file which appears to be a gzip. I have used 7zip to open it and found the image. I then tried to put in my own image and re-zipped it. I then flashed it using terminal apk. However it just shows a black screen before going to the boot animation.

Can you guide me how to change the bmp from you current s905x logo to another one. Also is there a way to reduce the time the logo shows or turn it off completely and go straight to the boot animation.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello everyone, i just recieved a x96 mini 2g/16g, i tried to download here the fully naked rom, so i putted the the 2 files (recovery.img and .zip) in a SD card. But when i try to boot nothing happens (it stops on the boot logo).Did i miss something?Thank you.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

nolonger have bluetooth after flashing Update 15/11/2017:

Comment

it looks that another update has been posted on the baidu account, but if I try to install it directly i lost wifi, that doesnt happen when I use the OP image. whats the difference? im using a T6 box. thanks.

Comment

Can someone provide a link to the latest update / firmware for the x96 (non-mini) - s905x 2/16 (Thanks in advance)?

Comment

Hey Downunder 35m; Is there a way to get youtube to work with the fully naked rom? Since there is no google play services? I sure like the speed of it on my X96, and I get no ads with Terrarium :-)

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        Try installing supercelerons Atv version the m8s one. If you have a x96 it should work fine on it.

forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/634887-rom-mini-m8s-ii-mini-mx3-ii-and-others-scv1a-atv-android-tv
                        i installed the Atv version ,now says error cause its nexbox. but it was x96 p212. having hard time getting edited files to work on usb when flashing , anyone have any insight?

Comment

gona test next week i got one !

Comment

Ist this for S905w or 905x?

Comment

any chance the bluetooth issue I reported wil get sorted soon?

Comment

hi ,I am using beta 6 and I want to hide status bar and navigation bar. How can I do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X