No announcement yet.

X96 unbranded firmware with some fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K ill wait for the other link that site sucks lol.... Typical china 9 hour download.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I am glad I am not alone with that opinion on chinese download speeds
      Will be a few hours though until my slow connection manages the upload.
      Can I include the link here or better not due to all the added bloat from the grey area?
      Once the upload is done I will do a cleaned version with the usual fixes.

Comment

OTA is uploaded, cleaned ROM with the usual fixes will follow soon.
        Sadly I still cant figure out how the bootanimation is locked in place as even with the old boot and bootloader instead of the new ones they box shows the default animation only
        But I prefer the annyoning animation in favour of the added navbar anytime.
        Now back to the drawing board for the animation LOL
        I guess the cleaned rom should be fully uploaded in about 4 hours, in case anyone is desperate and needs to know.
        Last edited by Downunder 35m; 05-17-2017, 06:54.

Comment

hi! please i want systemui.apk withoute notifcations bars, i have last firmware for X96 2gb 16gb 20170428
          sorry for my bad english

Comment

Take the Beta 3 then....

Comment

Added a USB/SD install for Libreelec to the first posting.

Last edited by Downunder 35m; 05-18-2017, 05:54.

Comment

I have a X96 2G/16G box, tried to flash this FW. While TWRP starts correctly and is able to run a stock image backup, any attempt to flash the zip file ends immediately with Dtb error 7. Any ideas?

Comment

The only thing I can think of that your X96 is not really a X96 but a clone.
                  Did any of the previous roms, like the Beta 3 show the same symptoms while installing (assuming you tried the last the beta) ?
                  The device tree blob works only if the device in question has the corresponding sections/partitions, if one or more is different/missing it won't work.
                  Only thing you could try is to replace the DTB.img in the rom with the one from your original firmware.
                  Can you post your build.prop or link to the original firmware you used?

Comment

Added a version with video boot - use your own video during boot if you like

Comment

For those suffering from "Unfortunately Music has stopped" :
                      Go into settings, apps, system apps and give permissions for the Music app.
                      I don't know why but on some installations the permissions are not set by default and you need to do this manually - sorry about that.

But in return and due to a lack of proper workspace to do bigger things I decided to attempt a port of TV rom for those wanting the whole Android TV "experience".
                      Will report back once I make some progress, or no progress at all for that matter.
                      In the meantime feel free to let me know what would need included in a TV gapps rom...

Comment

is anyone else getting random freezes on this ROM? (eg, opening youtube, play store) it takes ages and keeps saying it has stopped responding... i have to click wait all the time and eventually it loads but at snails' pace

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
                          I did some more tests last night and it is certainly possible to create a beta for 1GB systems as well as 2GB versions.
                          Just for the bigger packages the 1GB models will miss out.
                          But the actual hardware got me thinking...
                          AFAIK the only difference on the S905 platforms is that the 1/8gb models use one memory chip, where the 2gb ones use two.
                          Would love to see what happens if someone would just use a reflow station to add the missing chip...

My plans for next beta:
                          Move all added and vital apps into the system space instead of installing them as user apps.
                          Include SuperSU directly into the rom.
                          Remove the Media Box launcher and only leave the ADW launcher - please feedback for this one if you want to keep the unmodded version of the Media box launcher!
                          Remove the Power menu as it is no longer required - F12 on the keyboard shuts the box down.
                          Offer three versions: 1GB, 2GB and "fully naked" - the last with all apps except FX and SuperSU removed, including all Google apps (for those wanting to modify all aspects of the system themself).

After I get the above working as planned:
                          Create a rom with the Android TV launcher (Leanback) and the same look and feel as on the Nexus player.
                          Will take some time as first I need to clean the system for the naked version and then by some magic get the full TV gapps package working.
                          Let's see how that goes LOL
                          My x96 dead in the boot logo screen, into the system, please help me?

Comment

Details please...
                            What Rom did you use, how did you install it?

Comment

Details please...
                              I'm from china,can't speak engish.我没有安装啥,我使用的是出口的不知品牌的x96 s905x/p212, 2g / 16g .突然有一天开机就卡在logo画面了。

Comment

Details please...
                                6.01rom

Comment

Working...
                                X