Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock: Android 7.1 Z69 Smart TV BOX S905X 3GB/32GB 802.11b/g/n LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest rom better. Heres issues I found.

Seems like running apk 2 or times from message i get in sd installer. Run install program youll see apk listed more then once from sd card.

Kodi sucks delete install 64 bit one runs smoother.
    no notification
    No task bar.
    bit warm.
    But rooted better so going to mod few things see how much better it gets.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Few issue with above firmware.

Wallpaper switch not possible.
      Home launcher hard to change few may work.
      64 bit. Installed kidi bloated
      Still bit slow ui..
      No task bar or top nodification

But its better then last release.

Fewer bugs this one. They release fix for few more items then will be better.

Needed

Taskbar - Turn off on in settings.
      Notifications- Top bar.
      Wallpaper changer needs to be fixed.
      System settings needs home for launcher. Once re booted you will get options for what ever launcher you installed but screen wont change.
      uninstall Kodi and install 64 bit version runs better.
      Heat issue with it now that tested. Seems cooling poor maybe a mod? Open box later.
      Wifi /Bluetooth both fine.
      seems like something in system make some apk run few times. If you use apk installer you will see what i mean checks 4 /5 times list grow putting same apk into list. Maybe this part of the lag it has in 7.

Getting there still some to go.
      I'm getting confused.

The issues you report in this post concerns which firmware in this thread please, as there are 2 firmwares posted.

And which firmware do you have in mind with your last post.

I have the Gearbest ( OS 6) installed and don't have any known issues other than the heat. I have Nova launcher with custom wallpaper installed.

No idea where to find the taskbar settings, and not sure if Kodi x64 can be installed.

Comment

So can anyone else enter recovery mode by holding the reset button with a paper clip on power-on, or did I just get a bad reset switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          So can anyone else enter recovery mode by holding the reset button with a paper clip on power-on, or did I just get a bad reset switch?
          After some firmwares(for example android 7, or atv from neighboring topics) the reset button does not work! For reflashing I must use "muskrom" pins of nand. But in original or, for example, XannyTech firmware - reset button work

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            That would suggest a pretty significant bug in the Z69 Nougat bootloader (or maybe the device tree).

K you get unbricked to flash mine. Or did mjne brick it
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Never managed to get into stock recovery, but pretty easy to enter TWRP recovery by putting the recovery img on thumb drive, then select update from the update&backup widget.

Comment

Just finished test one based on 6 will up it tonight.

Comment

Just finished test one based on 6 will up it tonight.
                Scooter, did you post the firmware somewhere?

Comment

Nope broke root and playstore just redoing to point i broke it.

Comment

Nope broke root and playstore just redoing to point i broke it.
                    Trebor told me you've been working on the Iron+ S905X version.

You have any comments on that box and where i can find your work?

Comment

Did one but stopped because best firmware super celerons rom runs on it.

Comment

Did one but stopped because best firmware super celerons rom runs on it.
                        Thanks, but isn't Super celeron the S912 version, or did he do a 905X firmware as well?

The S912 get good remarks on this forum. Is the 905X similar quality?

Comment

Sent you link to try 7 on iron and above link to all working firmware i tested. On Iron.

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/frealktab-...-and-tear-down

Sent you link to try 7 on iron and above link to all working firmware i tested. On Iron.
                            The link you sent is that a firmware you built?

Please note, I don't have the box yet, but are looking for viable options as there currently is little on the market in that price range that works properly.

The Iron was a suggestion by Trebor, if you have other/better suggestions I'll be happy to hear them

Comment

No that beta from manufacture... I posted as fried mine.once i got super celerons firmware working trying others and was like getting into a pinto after driving a porsh all week just my humble opinion.

price wise id have to say the h96 has been a hit alf wise pro plus. M8s pro plus a bit of a mess but thats another good one if it cleans up. Iron was stable so good box too lots firmware choices to so now your delema deepens lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X