No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic Google Certificated Voice Control Android TV Box 2/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, we're stuck with SD Netflix with the KM9 for now. Also, wifi seems to work a bit better with all bluetooth devices unpaired. My KM9 Pro Classic is pretty much an ethernet connected box unless maybe we're lucky enough to get a firmware update from Mecool to improve the wifi.
    Last edited by Scotdog; 07-31-2019, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

You can only cast Netflix to a Netflix-certified device. Even if it's Google-certified, it needs Netflix blessing, which is not the case with the Mecool boxes.

​​​Even Apple TV lost Netflix AirPlay support due to the protocol been available through other brands devices, like Samsung TVs, until Apple offers a way to Netflix to verify if each device is certified by themselves, just like they can do with Google Cast/Android TV.
      I receeeved it and I sow it, I did not find this very smart from Netflix but what can we do?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
        Sadly, we're stuck with SD Netflix with the KM9 for now. Also, wifi seems to work a bit better with all bluetooth devices unpaired. My KM9 Pro Classic is pretty much an ethernet connected box unless maybe we're lucky enough to get a firmware update from Mecool to improve the wifi.
        WIFI is also really bad for me , I knew this is common issue shame otherwise its pretty good and price

Comment

Is notifications working? Every Android box I know of that is running Android 9 has not notification access. The notification access setting is not included in the Android 9 firmware for any Android box that I know of, and there is no notification panel. Meaning when you try to pull down from the status bar to see your notifications, there is no notification panel to pull down. Because there is no notification access, any app like power shade that requires notification access will not work, and every time you try to get notification access it will tell you the feature is not available. The reason I am asking if notifications are working is because if they are working on the firmware for this box, then hopefully it will allow developers to get notifications working on other boxes running Android 9. I actually had no clue about this problem till I bought an Android box running Android 9, and figured I would Google other boxes like the GT King that also run Android 9, and it turns out every box I googled that runs Android 9 has no notification access, and nobody has been able to figure out how to fix it. I also found that most the boxes running Android 9 also do not have the ability to use widgets either.

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

WIFI is also really bad for me , I knew this is common issue shame otherwise its pretty good and price
            Hi uscool, I saw your comments on the first page of this thread before I purchased the KM9 and appreciate the honest input concerning the wifi. I also agree this is a really good value TV Box and Android 9 and the S905X2 are smooth and snappy with really good picture quality. I opened up my box and moved the antenna around but that didnt help much. I was getting less than 10 Mbps down. I solder an external antenna like the one on a router and that gave me a small additional boost somewhere around 15 to 17 Mbps. It wasnt until I unpaired all bluetooth devices including the controller that I now get between 20 - 30 Mpbs on a good day. (300 Mbps Cable modem) Ethernet yields me the full 100 Mbps. I dont regret buying the Km9 for $39.99. Despite its shortcomings and value engineering, The positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

Comment

Bought one, got it today and though everything works perfect the WiFi is still a mess!, the device has the same issue I had with the Mecool KM8 I bought last year, I couldn't use the WiFi at all and this device is also the same, this is unacceptable, I praise Videostrong for releasing such cool devices with nice hardware specs but their quality assurance department is not good, they don't seem to check if the firmware they inject in this devices is working correctly before starting to sell them, I doubt they will release any firmware at all, I suffered a lot when I had the KM8 and I don't want to suffer again with KM9 Pro Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by delacosta78 View Post
                Bought one, got it today and though everything works perfect the WiFi is still a mess!, the device has the same issue I had with the Mecool KM8 I bought last year, I couldn't use the WiFi at all and this device is also the same, this is unacceptable, I praise Videostrong for releasing such cool devices with nice hardware specs but their quality assurance department is not good, they don't seem to check if the firmware they inject in this devices is working correctly before starting to sell them, I doubt they will release any firmware at all, I suffered a lot when I had the KM8 and I don't want to suffer again with KM9 Pro Classic.
                I dont understand either why release box with such WIFI issue shame otherwise the box is very good

Comment

Can you share me the firmware of this box?

Comment

Just received KM9 Pro 4/32GB. I'm excited! Wifi 161/30Mbit/s (D/U) and Netflix app is pre-installed and working. Can't test resolution as I'm not subscribed to Netflix. Youtube 4k HDR video works like a charm.

Comment

***deleted*** slow server -> triple post

Comment

***deleted*** slow server -> triple post

Comment

Has anyone found a way to root this box or the SOC is still too new? I've been looking around without finding a way to do so.

Anyway, much happy that HDCP is working so I can finally watch criterion channel with that kind of box.

Originally posted by dibon View Post
                          Just received KM9 Pro 4/32GB. I'm excited! Wifi 161/30Mbit/s (D/U) and Netflix app is pre-installed and working. Can't test resolution as I'm not subscribed to Netflix. Youtube 4k HDR video works like a charm.
                          This thread is for the classic model 2g/16gb

Comment

Since I bought this device at Gearbest, I created a ticket in their website to claim about the WiFi issue, they replied with a new firmware update to supposedly fix the problem but it didn't!, the WiFi is still not working, I already replied to see what they come up with now.

Comment

Originally posted by delacosta78 View Post
                              Since I bought this device at Gearbest, I created a ticket in their website to claim about the WiFi issue, they replied with a new firmware update to supposedly fix the problem but it didn't!, the WiFi is still not working, I already replied to see what they come up with now.
                              doubt it will be fixes the KM8 had the same issue and was never fixed no idea how it gets past quality control for mass production

Comment

Here's the firmware they sent me, it may be useful to any of you, I'll never buy Mecool devices again if they continue with that WiFi issue:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Working...
                                X