Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thks ath156 for your work, do you have unroot version as @str0g0 couldn't install on rooted device

    Comment


      #17
      But with magisk you are at the same time unrooted and only if you want rooted !!!

      Comment


        #18
        @str0g0 will detects su file regardless root is activated or not, so need to remove su binary completely

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by n0v1ce View Post
          @str0g0 will detects su file regardless root is activated or not, so need to remove su binary completely
          Did you actually tried to install it ??? There is no su file !! Only magisk (and there is even an option there to "hide" it with another name if the app you want detects magisk !!!!).

          Comment


            #20
            oops my bad, i was confused yours with slimbox, gonna try yours however mega's quota is exceeded, hv to wait the cooling period is over

            #update: tried, su file is detected
            #update2: after uninstall magisk, issue resolved
            Last edited by n0v1ce; 09-04-2020, 10:12.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by n0v1ce View Post
              oops my bad, i was confused yours with slimbox, gonna try yours however mega's quota is exceeded, hv to wait the cooling period is over

              #update: tried, su file is detected
              #update2: after uninstall magisk, issue resolved
              As I already told you there is an option to "hide" the magisk from certain applications (there is a special menu for this inside magisk).There is even the option to give a completely different name to magisk (whatever you like) so it will not be discovered by some applications.
              Anyway if what you have done already is OK for you, that's all that matters. But if you use correctly the magisk app you may have a box at the same time "rooted" and "unrooted".

              Comment


                #22
                edit: What I forgot to say about magisk is that you have to add some modules (from inside magisk)so as to be able to pass "safety net" etc (see photo n.5 and the safety net test).

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by ath156 View Post

                  As I already told you there is an option to "hide" the magisk from certain applications (there is a special menu for this inside magisk).There is even the option to give a completely different name to magisk (whatever you like) so it will not be discovered by some applications.
                  Anyway if what you have done already is OK for you, that's all that matters. But if you use correctly the magisk app you may have a box at the same time "rooted" and "unrooted".
                  can't use magisk's hide feature as the app detects magisk's interception and won't allow to proceed, so hv to uninstall magisk & disabled magisk manager

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by n0v1ce View Post

                    can't use magisk's hide feature as the app detects magisk's interception and won't allow to proceed, so hv to uninstall magisk & disabled magisk manager
                    Before trying to install any app (which needs not unrooted system) you have to check if you pass "Safety Net". There is a button (see photo 5) that you press and does the check. The first time that you use magisk most probably it WON'T pass the safety net test. So you have to install a couple of modules (you can find them in the magisk manager-I am away for weekend so I am not able now to tell you exactly which to install). Once this test is successfull, only then use hide function.
                    In case this is not successfull there is even an option to completely rename magisk (giving it another arbitrary name).
                    I am almost sure that following this or another way you can use the desired application and magisk at the same time. The result would be to have at the same time a rooted & unrooted system.
                    If you are eager to try all these please report your experience.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by n0v1ce View Post

                      can't use magisk's hide feature as the app detects magisk's interception and won't allow to proceed, so hv to uninstall magisk & disabled magisk manager
                      For the safety net fix you can look here https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-2020-t4063679

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Magisk is preinstalled and in most cases the "hide" feature is enough. For some services you may have to use the additional option to completely hide magisk manager by giving the whole package an arbitrary name (Magisk Manager-Settings-Hide magisk manager). Of course if this is not enough for you, you can also unistall it.
                        Please after the 1st boot update the app from 20.3 to 20.4 (latest).

                        Comment


                          #27
                          ath156

                          I am waiting form my new HK1 - it´s the one in the attached link

                          So your rom is working on this box? i don´t need to look for green and blue boards or care of installed stock rom (u219 etc.)???

                          Concerning the launcher:

                          I bought and use the Square Home Luncher in some diferent boxes and tablets. (incl. the key). My actual version is 2.1.13 from Play Store. Which version you have integrated in your rom? you write Square Home 3 ??

                          If i install your rom, can i use my paid version with the key app then? i got the experience from my Beelink GT King that i had to uninstall first the SH Launcher which came with the custom rom (Sasvlad) and then install my bought rom.
                          As found the firmware for HK1 BOX possibly works with also for VONTAR X3 but as stated is primary for the HK1 BOX dated u219.HK1_BOX_1000M_9.0.2019.12.28.11.34 use it at your own risk hope it helps someone. tv-boks-hk1-box-s905x3-obzor-3.jpg All Available Roms,tweaks,tips can be found here https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                            ath156

                            I am waiting form my new HK1 - it´s the one in the attached link

                            So your rom is working on this box? i don´t need to look for green and blue boards or care of installed stock rom (u219 etc.)???

                            Concerning the launcher:

                            I bought and use the Square Home Luncher in some diferent boxes and tablets. (incl. the key). My actual version is 2.1.13 from Play Store. Which version you have integrated in your rom? you write Square Home 3 ??

                            If i install your rom, can i use my paid version with the key app then? i got the experience from my Beelink GT King that i had to uninstall first the SH Launcher which came with the custom rom (Sasvlad) and then install my bought rom.
                            - YES. My rom works perfectly for HK1 BOX and the link you attached. A friend of mine installed it at exactly such a box and everything functions perfectly. It is also suitable for HK1 X3 (the circural one) like this https://www.banggood.com/HK1-X3-Amlo...1&rmmds=search. So for both othese HK1 S905X3 versions !!!
                            - You are absolutely right to get confused with GREEN & BLUE boards, as it was my mistake to not clarify that I was refering ONLY to H96 max X3 (which has a new version with BLUE board). Even there it seems to be no problem, that's why I deleted the relevant Notes.
                            - As the Square Home Launcher and the key you own I really don't know. If you have any problem you can easily delete my version and install yours. As far as the name is concerned you are also right as sometimes it is referred as Square Home 2 and sometimes as 3.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              For anybody that would like to try other roms (mine or other custom roms) it is a good practice to first make a Backup of their partitions with a NOT permanent TWRP. It is easily made as I say here:
                              https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...e16#post812426
                              You have to backup at least Boot, System, Vendor and your Data partitions.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by ath156 View Post

                                - YES. My rom works perfectly for HK1 BOX and the link you attached. A friend of mine installed it at exactly such a box and everything functions perfectly. It is also suitable for HK1 X3 (the circural one) like this https://www.banggood.com/HK1-X3-Amlo...1&rmmds=search. So for both othese HK1 S905X3 versions !!!
                                - You are absolutely right to get confused with GREEN & BLUE boards, as it was my mistake to not clarify that I was refering ONLY to H96 max X3 (which has a new version with BLUE board). Even there it seems to be no problem, that's why I deleted the relevant Notes.
                                - As the Square Home Launcher and the key you own I really don't know. If you have any problem you can easily delete my version and install yours. As far as the name is concerned you are also right as sometimes it is referred as Square Home 2 and sometimes as 3.
                                Thanks for your excelent answer, now waiting for my box. And thanks that you waist so much time in making this rom

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X