No announcement yet.

MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I just unroot the device from SuperSu, do you know how I can root the device again?

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing
      If I change HDMI source and then I go back to the box HDMI, the box shuts down
      Is anyone else having this behaviour on this box ?
      It's pretty disturbing, and I don't know if it depends by some settings or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing View Post
        Is anyone else having this behaviour on this box ?
        It's pretty disturbing, and I don't know if it depends by some settings or something else.
        Does it shutdown or just go to sleep?

Do you have HDMI CEC enabled on both the box and TV?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk

Does it shutdown or just go to sleep?

Do you have HDMI CEC enabled on both the box and TV?
          The system shuts down.
          I have to press the power button to use it again.
          It happens when I change HDMI, for example to view "normal Tv".
          Then, when I come back to the box HDMI, it appears "system is shutting down" (or something similar) and the box is turned off.

I don't have HDMI CEC turned on on box (and in my tv i didn't find how to activate/deactivate it).

Comment

I would imagine that the TV user manual may give some idea of whether there is a setting.

But if you turn it on in the box anyway, does the same thing happen?

Comment

I would imagine that the TV user manual may give some idea of whether there is a setting.

But if you turn it on in the box anyway, does the same thing happen?
              If i turn HDMI CEC on on the box, system hang up whenever i try to use my tv remote to control the box.
              I have to turn it off on the box with air mouse to use the box.
              I add that HDMI CEC of my tv is fully working with raspberry, with no need to turn it on/off on my TV.

But, why you think HDMI CEC is responsible for the fault I described ?

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing View Post
                If i turn HDMI CEC on on the box, system hang up whenever i try to use my tv remote to control the box.
                I have to turn it off on the box with air mouse to use the box.
                I add that HDMI CEC of my tv is fully working with raspberry, with no need to turn it on/off on my TV.

But, why you think HDMI CEC is responsible for the fault I described ?
                I'm not sure why the TV remote would hang the box but perhaps the IR functionality is getting stuck between the control of the TV and box.

What happens when you switch HDMI sources now, even when only using the mouse?

Does it still switch off?

Comment

I'm not sure why the TV remote would hang the box but perhaps the IR functionality is getting stuck between the control of the TV and box.

What happens when you switch HDMI sources now, even when only using the mouse?

Does it still switch off?
                  Yes, it switches off when i come back to box HDMI.
                  And it does on 2 different TV.

Comment

i also had this problem with immidiate shut down of the box after first boot.
                    i also use an airmouse.

i just disabled hdmi cec functionality in my tv (sony, hdmi cec is called bravia sync here) and now i don't encounter any shut down after first boot

Comment

Hello everyone.
                      I need help please. I recently purchased an MXIII-G II S912. It doesnt work, just shows blue light, never turns red. I've tried everything, updating the software by SD card, tried by USB burning tool...no luck. It doesn't show anything on the screen, with HDMI or AV cable. I looked up some youtube videos where they short circuit the pins on the flash memory, but on the standard flash where the pins are exposed. I'm not an expert but I don't see that type of flash on this motherboard, only a emmc type one, the slim one. Is it possible to short circuit that one? Or any other ideas if someone have...please guys help...thank You all

Comment

Originally posted by mislav View Post
                        Hello everyone.
                        I need help please. I recently purchased an MXIII-G II S912. It doesnt work, just shows blue light, never turns red. I've tried everything, updating the software by SD card, tried by USB burning tool...no luck. It doesn't show anything on the screen, with HDMI or AV cable. I looked up some youtube videos where they short circuit the pins on the flash memory, but on the standard flash where the pins are exposed. I'm not an expert but I don't see that type of flash on this motherboard, only a emmc type one, the slim one. Is it possible to short circuit that one? Or any other ideas if someone have...please guys help...thank You all
                        Try this.

Turn off the TV.

Switch the box on.

Wait for a couple of minutes and see if the box automatically turns your TV on.

Even if it doesn't, then turn on the TV and see if there is any activity.

Needless to say that you have done the basics such as making sure that you have selected the correct HDMI output on the TV and have ensured that the HDMI cable is connected full at both ends.

Comment

Thanks, just tried it...no luck. I've tried before on several TV's and with several HDMI cables. TV doesnt even recognize the device, so I cant choose the HDMI input that I'm using.

Comment

Thanks, just tried it...no luck. I've tried before on several TV's and with several HDMI cables. TV doesnt even recognize the device, so I cant choose the HDMI input that I'm using.
                            What procedure did you go through to update the box via the SD card?

Comment

Format SD card in FAT32, copy the update files. Insert the SD card in MXIII, toothpick hold reset and plug in the power...

Comment

Format SD card in FAT32, copy the update files. Insert the SD card in MXIII, toothpick hold reset and plug in the power...
                                So you didn't use the burn card maker?

Comment

Working...
                                X