No announcement yet.

MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem with the Wifi on my MXIII-G-II that sounds similar to what others have described on other Android devices, but is slightly different. Here's what happens:

My TV Box connects to my router via WiFi and will run fine for a while (say for an hour or so, but it varies). Then at some point it will loose connection to router and the device's WiFi turns off. No amount of turning the WiFi on brings the WiFi back to life. Inspecting the advanced settings menu of the WiFi, reveals that the WiFi has a valid MAC ID, but if you reboot the device the MAC ID is changed to 02:00:00:00:00:00. Unplug the power from the TV box for a while and then start it up once more, the WiFi will work again, but only for some time, before failing again.

I always used the Ethernet port of the device, up until recently, where I wanted to use the WiFi, so I have no idea if this is a software issue, caused by the latest update, or if the hardware has always been faulty, but I never knew it.

I've read on forums for other devices, that had the same WiFi MAC ID 02:00:00:00:00:00, that a specific file (WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin) should be placed in the root/persist folder. Using a root browser reveals that my device has no persist folder in the root. If make the persist folder manually and place this file there, then sometimes the MAC ID is restored, and the WiFi may or may not work for a little while again, before failing once more. Also after rebooting the device, the persist folder is gone again

I've also read that the wifi and bluetooth of this device run from the same chip - my device's bluetooth works without any problems.

I opened the device and had a look with the naked eye - I couldn't see any obvious problem, but who knows, there could be a loose solder joint on the WiFi chip.

I have also restored Update_MXIII GII rv109.zip stock ROM to the device via SD card method, in the hope that this might fix whatever firmware issues there might be, but still no difference.

Can anyone confirm that this device should have a persist folder in the root, with certain files pertaining to the WiFi?
    If so I find it strange that my device's WiFi works at all.

Any other views or advice? Do you reckon it might be faulty hardware, or firmware?
    Last edited by MarkPitout; 06-20-2017, 01:05.

Comment

Hi I haw problem with ota update, the pop up error sd card,buth this is ota update.Wher can I download new firmware 2017-6-2.Thanks...

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, there is a way to shortcut the nand?

i have the samsung klmag2ge4a-a001 version

i tried to use the reset button, without any lucky

my problem is one day the box was stuck, and i unplug and plug the power cord and since then the box won't boot, is stuck on the black screen D:

anyone solved this?

Comment

just bought this tv-box for US$37.55

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
            just bought this tv-box for US$37.55
            Where?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPitout View Post

Can anyone confirm that this device should have a persist folder in the root, with certain files pertaining to the WiFi?
              Could anyone please check if their device has a persist folder in the root?

Comment

any custom rom works this tv-box ?

Comment

any custom rom works this tv-box ?
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/beelink-aa/beelink-android-tv-box/gt1/firmware-roms-tools-cg/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8c-rom

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gregor.srdic View Post
                      My box worked well for about a month, but since yesterday, when I power it on, the blue light turns on but there is no picture on HDMI - tried tv and monitor. Box also does not shut down if I press power button, blue light keeps shining until I unplug the power source. Anyone had this before, is there any solution? Thanks!

please any news ???

Comment

usb burning tool don't detect this tv-box other tv-box no problem

Comment

usb burning tool don't detect this tv-box other tv-box no problem
                          I have the same problem and always use the burn card maker.

I posted some instructions on using it here if you are not familiar with it.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/beelink-aa/beelink-android-tv-box/gt1/firmware-roms-tools-cg/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-scv10?p=627126#post627126
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I have the same problem and always use the burn card maker.

I posted some instructions on using it here if you are not familiar with it.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/beelink-aa/beelink-android-tv-box/gt1/firmware-roms-tools-cg/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-scv10?p=627126#post627126
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPitout View Post

Could anyone please check if their device has a persist folder in the root?
                              I have no persist folder at either of these locations and my wifi works without issue.

/persist
                              /root/persist

Comment

Hi all. Been reading for a while on this site but just joined. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge that you all have provided over the years!

I own this box and have overcome a few issues but can't seem to find a solution for one remaining annoyance. Scrolling with an air mouse using left click/hold and drag does not work in Chrome. This function worked properly in the stock version of Chrome that came with the box but does not work after Chrome updated. Instead of scrolling, this function selects everything on the webpage that the cursor is drug over. I installed Firefox to see how it behaves and it works properly. Has anyone seen this issue and have a solution for it? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X