Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 PRO Plus - and other cool hardware mods

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by neutester View Post

    What is it??? An aluminum Heat sink????
    Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink

    Comment


      Originally posted by chenrp View Post

      Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink
      I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!

      Comment


        Originally posted by neutester View Post

        I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!
        Please see previous mod! It is the best!

        Comment


          Originally posted by chenrp View Post
          here is a top case made with 3d printer

          https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2316822
          That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.

          Comment


            Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

            That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.
            no need for vets as my early mod is already good enough. my temps won't got above 65 degrees.

            Comment


              ..............................
              Last edited by panchovilla; 11-15-2017, 17:58.

              Comment


                Latest cooling mod. I tried a tiny fan first, worked fine but it spun at 3000rpm and emitted an annoying whine.
                This is made from packing foam with cutout sized to accept a 5V laptop cooling fan. The foam is stuck to the case with 2sided tape at each corner. The fan is just press fit in place. I'ts purposely left protruding to create a chamber underneath. When I push the fan all the way down temps increase a few degrees. The alfawise logo strip is removed and heat sink replaced with a larger one with 3M thermal transfer tape. This fan moves the same CFM of air as the smaller fan but spins slower so is nearly silent. It's powered from a USB port on my Home Theater System.
                Idle temp 28-30C, Watching HD video 34-37C
                I also changed the stock 2.5A power supply for a 4A model. It doesn't even get warm.
                Edit: I measured the current draw of the USB fan. It draws 0.08 amp (80 ma)
                Last edited by imaddiced2u; 11-16-2017, 01:45.
                HK1 Pro Plus
                FlowFon F1
                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                MXQ Pro+
                R-TVBOX Mini+
                MK809III

                Comment


                  This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mcerk02 View Post
                    This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG
                    That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

                      That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.
                      I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mcerk02 View Post

                        I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....
                        I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

                          I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.
                          Where did you get your replacement?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mcerk02 View Post

                            Where did you get your replacement?
                            Grab one at ****. Less than $8 delivered.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

                              That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.
                              According to the pic of the fan it is draws 0.15 amp (150ma) at 12 volts. So it will draw 0.0625 amp (62.5ma) when connected to 5 volts but run slower and move less air. No problem for a USB port.
                              HK1 Pro Plus
                              FlowFon F1
                              H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                              MXQ Pro+
                              R-TVBOX Mini+
                              MK809III

                              Comment


                                I use this CPU Temp app to display CPU temperature. Turn on overlay in settings to leave temperature on screen when app is closed.
                                https://cputemp.en.aptoide.com/
                                HK1 Pro Plus
                                FlowFon F1
                                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                                MXQ Pro+
                                R-TVBOX Mini+
                                MK809III

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X