H96 pro + Ultra 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 pro + Ultra 4k

Hi friend. I have a H96 Pro + ultra 4k device. When I use aida apk, it tell me : alfawise with 3gb DD3 and chip wifi q9377. I opened my box and I see on pcb ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0, made 2017-09-09. My device has many bugs and so I need to change the rom. I dont want to brik it. Please can you help me to decide about the new rom to update. Thanks a lot tof

Do you think it is possible this rom can run? Anybody can help me?
    [ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

'

Comment

Hi marponz, I have the same box as you, I'm looking for a good ROM for this device as well. Which ROM did you use? Hopefully someone here can recommend a good one for us, please!?

Comment

Heya,

To begin, you may want to carefully peek into the boxes..to ascertain the colour of the circuit board.

Green board should be flashed(Amlogic USB Burn Tool) with:

Download SCV4 GREEN PCB IMG:Blue board :

Download SCV4 BLUE (LPDDR3) PCB IMG:This is the base version to make this China Box usable!

Next

Latest and greatest fixes (all dedicated work from superceleron) are in this OTA firmware(final?).
        Setup on your T.V. Give it a boot up and shut down. It is best to have the firmware on a SD card, but can work from your download folder(China Box)
        Unplug power, use toothpick in reset hole and plug in power(approx 10 sec.) release toothpick. You should then boot to TWRP. Choose> Install>firmware location?

Download SCV7A OTA:Hope this helps lots and lots of reading to catch-up on.

Comment

Thanks ReaperMan

I just bought this one from GearBest: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_503486.html

I opened the case and it's Green with the 9377 Wifi chipset. I followed your instructions and flashed the GREEN PCB SCV4 IMG 7.1.2 image successfully with the USB Burn Tool (completed successfully 100% with no errors.) I also erased the bootloader during this flash.

I hook it up to my TV and the blue light comes on but that is it, no boot up logo or graphics. My "TV" gives me a message of "Not Supported Mode" which leads me to believe it's getting a signal from the box but it doesn't know how to display it, not sure.

Good news this that I'm able to boot into TWRP just fine, while in there I can see that the System partition has the ROM installed and I can see it under Backup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171203_214703.jpg Views:	3 Size:	127.5 KB ID:	691045

For some reason it just won't boot into the System partition.

I also tried flashing the SCV7A OTA 7.1.2 in TWRP via SD Card but same results, doesn't boot into the Android/System partition.

I've been reading the forums for days hoping to find a solution to my specific issue, but I can not and don't know where else to look. I'm also sorry for hijacking this thread marponz .

Any suggestions, please?
          Attached Files
          Just US$66.99 + free shipping, buy Alfawise H96 Pro+ TV Box online shopping at GearBest.com.
          Last edited by Lakuma; 12-04-2017, 03:51.

Comment

Quick response, running out the door..
            Try unplugging the HDMI cable....a min after you boot up the box...give fresh signal to T.V...
            You may want to Flash SCV4 again..but go into settings to set resolution to 720p before flashing SCV7A.

Comment

I also have a box with the same board (ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0) bought from BangGood. What TWRP do I use to flash roms?

Comment

ReaperMan

Download SCV7A OTA:
                then, when I'll install this 7.1.2 rom, will run fine my h96? This android version rom is I am using from stock and it has many bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by marponz View Post
                  ReaperMan

Download SCV7A OTA:
                  then, when I'll install this 7.1.2 rom, will run fine my h96? This android version rom is I am using from stock and it has many bugs.
                  Hi ,

if you dont try it , you dont see it .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Finally figured out how to flash SC rom. Running it on my box from BangGood with the ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0 board. Works perfect and I Love it. Had to flash scv4 with USB burn tool and then update it with the builtin updater to scv7a...it booted into twrp and finished the install then flashed supersu to get root

Comment

nprev917 Glad to hear that You worked it out.
                      Have to say that MAGISK and Xposed would be better solution than SuperSU. If You don;t like colors of some app than You can use Substratum to theme them. As it is Android 7.1.2 (not sure about TV) than it's possible to use Legacy (Sony RRO2).
                      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                        nprev917 Glad to hear that You worked it out.
                        Have to say that MAGISK and Xposed would be better solution than SuperSU. If You don;t like colors of some app than You can use Substratum to theme them. As it is Android 7.1.2 (not sure about TV) than it's possible to use Legacy (Sony RRO2).
                        What makes magisk better? I have always used supersu, may switch if there is a good reason. Also I see in your signature you are using an OC kernel. Do you have a link to it?

Comment

nprev917
                          It's modules. However You still can make most of changes manually or using some app (e.g install BusyBox, mod some system file/app/library).
                          However in case of bootloop after applying the mod, with MAGISK it's enough to mount magisk.img and than remove module's folder, and bootloop is gone. It makes life a lot easier, as You don't have to wait for backup to be restored (or even remember to make one).

+ You can have Root and pass SafetyNet. Not sure if there is any nonbanking app or locationbased game (like PokemonGO) which needs it, but who knows what will the future bring?

++ MAGISK Hide - if an app don't want to work coz of Root, You can add it to Hide, so it won't be able to sense it. Ofc there is suhide, but it's still in beta (not sure if even it's still updated). You could use RootCloak, but than You have to have Xposed and it breaks SafetyNet...
                          ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Im trying flashing my device with SCV4 img reported by ReaperMan, but it give me an error. I conect susscesfully my device to pc, then I push start and it begin flashing, but It give me an error of bootlader. I tryed in usb burning tool normal erase and force erase with same result. Which kind of erase selection in usb burning key did you try?

Comment

Default erase option is enough.

As for the error it's because Your Box (ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0) is not supported. It's not supported by any known firmware, so You are out of luck and cannot even fix it now.

Only way I know about is to ask seller for firmware image for this variant of H96 Pro Plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X