Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
    • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
    • Fixed stuttering problem with Bluetooth audio on QCA9377 wireless chipsets.
    • Includes front LCD display service to show time and status.
    • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
    • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
    Changelog (20171125):
    • Fixed Action Bar bug in Settings, and so More Settings is now restored. (Thanks, tillaz87!)
    • Removed battery charge icon from status bar.
    • Cleaned up text in Settings->Display, clarifying language and fixing misspellings.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171125)
    Changelog (20171119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • The status bar can be temporarily shown by dragging the mouse pointer to the top edge of the screen.
    • The navigation bar can be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
    • The Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Build 7 times in Settings->About.)
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    • Recommendations will show in the status bar by design. If you want it always hidden, just uncomment "persist.sys.useTvStatusBar=true" in build.prop.
    • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM has drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 and Longsys LTM8830 wireless chipsets (S/N beginning with S912 or G912) AND the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset (S/N beginning with A912). (Many others are also included.)
    • This includes device trees for 1G, 2G and 3G DRAM configurations, and so it should work on both GT1 standard and ultimate SKUs.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool, just like at the factory.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033340.jpg Views:	3 Size:	11.0 KB ID:	659788Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
    Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2018, 06:27.

Looks like an NVIDIA Shield home screen.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that's kind of the idea...but it's a lot cheaper!!

did anyone manage to flash a TX9 Pro with this? at first I couldn't get it recognized in USB Burning Tool. It only does so after connecting the power cord as well. Then when I try to flash it comes up with a USB Control Setup Error. It does not get past 2%. I don't want to try the Burn Card Maker method again since it soft-bricked my device when I tried earlier.

An interesting fact is that when the device was soft-bricked it could connect to USB Burning Tool without the power cord. Now that it has the official Tanix firmware it will only connect if the power cord is connected.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated,

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have the 3G config? There was one (very minor) change in the device tree for that config, and I didn't have the hardware to confirm that it didn't matter.

If it's any consolation, my Vorke Z6 was giving me a hard time detecting the USB OTG connection too. I had to keep wiggling it around and retrying for several seconds before the device would be recognized by the WorldCup device driver. USB Burning Tool v2.1.2 would also crash during the erase phase, but downgrading to v2.0.8 seemed to work around that problem.

Loaded it . It's nice.
    Netflix gets the dreaded error though. Won't open.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that's because this box doesn't have Widevine L1. Not much I can do about that, as it's flashed as a secure key in the factory and they're not sharing.

Gotcha.
    In the stock rom, netflix plays but looks like VHS. lol

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, the non-ATV version maxes out at 480p...but I hear there are hacks.

Guest yes my TX9 Pro is the 3G version. I'm using USB Burning Tool 2.0.8 as well. I've flashed tens of boxes before (mostly Beelinks) and never encountered so many problems. With the power cord I can get it to detect the box and start to flash but as I said it will stop almost immediately. Might be that change you mentioned.

Comment

Have you tried, hit start then plug in box to detect it may continue further.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

" Yep, the non-ATV version maxes out at 480p "

Is this the standard performance difference between the two platforms, across All 912 roms you're cooking?

I've tried both...but, just prefer the tablet UI.
        ATV seemed to have better resolution. maybe?
        say it isn't so...
        timeshifting yt. v. best optics !?
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, the Android TV version won't play anything without Widevine L1. The 480p is better than what you'd get there.

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Have you tried, hit start then plug in box to detect it may continue further.
        Yes tried that as well ... to no avail unfortunately.

Comment

Guest, tell me please if the firmware is based on Vorke Z6, why then you can't do it so that the clock and icons work on the external screen? Do you think it will be possible to do it? Now the screen is just constantly lit "boot".
          And thanks for the excellent firmware.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe that's driven by the LedStatus.apk, which is just a service that starts on BOOT_COMPLETED. I left the app in there, so it's not clear to me why it's not working.

Guest if you can somehow make something for the TX9 Pro (3GB Version) I'm willing to test if it flashes or not.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I sent you a PM asking for your help on that. I'll follow up with a link.

UPDATE: It appears we have a fix for the TX9 Pro. Will post soon.
            UPDATE 2: Apparently not.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-25-2017, 21:33.

will await further instructions then

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately, I think my solution is going to be dropping support for the TX9 Pro. I'm removing it from the title of this topic.

I found one problem with the keyboard. If the English interface of the system is selected, then only English can be selected in the keyboard. More precisely, if I, for example, except English choose the Ukrainian one, and after the exit from the settings, the choice is not saved. When you re-enter the keyboard settings, only English is selected again.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this behavior the same in the stock OEM firmware?

Guest ...late night, pounding code, eh?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, I'm usually up to at least 3am. Coder's hours. ;-)

at least!?
          so, what do ya do about that early bird, worm thingy?
          My excuse is the clock picks up speed about 10pm

Comment

Working...
          X