Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wajeeh View Post

Tried flashing using TWRP but it shows image larger than target system

I think that might be because I cleaned the system too.

Can anyone please upload the system backup of 3/32GB LB variant so i could recover my device.
    i can't now. you can flash with usb burning tool or sd card maker
    Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Excuse me, I don't know everything. I am still learning. But can someone tell me what is meant by >>"There's a link to the original OEM burn package in the OP." ... What and where is the original OEM burn package? and what and where is the OP?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, OP stands for "original post" and the link is in the change log.

- Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213)

Hello , I hooked my (Mecool M8s Pro L) with a USB 3.0 (A) Male to (A) Male cord to my PC and the PC didn't recognize the Box. I even put a Loaded SD card inside the Box and rebooted the box and re-plugged it back into the PC and the PC didn't recognize the Box. How can I make the PC recognize my Android Box? Thank You

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the WorldCup drivers should be installed when you install USB Burning Tool. To be recognized, however, you've got to hold down the reset button when connecting the USB cable. That's difficult on this box, since they removed the button. You can either crack the case and short the reset pins or just install a terminal window and type "reboot update" with the cable already connected to the USB OTG port.

Hello Magendanz, Thank You for responding to my questions and being informative.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I was distracted for a while trying to get reelected to the state legislature, but I'm back!

Glad to have you back, Magendanz, you've been sorely missed around here.

Comment

san_ic ...correct the M8S has no reset button. To flash a M8S you have 2 options. The easiest is use the 'burn card maker'. 1) Convert Magendanz ROM (*.img) to a SD card and insert into the unit (connect hdmi but no power). Then on the remote control start pushing the button with the 3 stripes and reconnect power - upgrade will start automatically. 2) For USB Burning let the tv box boot up, connect the USB cable and then install and run any terminal emulator app. Once open, type 'reboot update' the burn tool will show 'connect success'.You can also push the same remote button above 'many' times till it connects.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

i can't now. you can flash with usb burning tool or sd card maker
          Thanks for the willingness to help but found the backup from someone i the ATV thread so backed up his data from TWRP and voila it worked. anyway much appreciated that you were trying to help.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz to provide this TVStock Nexus ROM for LB variant finally.
            I have been updated the stock ROM to TVStock Nexus ROM today.
            Just download the rom image file and flash the device by using the Burn_Card_Maker utility.
            Everything works fine, expect the home screen app icon seems to become smaller than stock ROM. (6 app icons became 9 app icons per row in home screen)
            Anyone knows how to adjust the app icon size? my TV resolution is 1080p.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              You can adjust this in the build.prop. Just change ro.sf.lcd_density from 240 to 320. I've found that 240 works better with a bunch of non-ATV apps, and I like having more screen real estate.

Originally posted by iamchjl View Post
            Thanks Magendanz to provide this TVStock Nexus ROM for LB variant finally.
            I have been updated the stock ROM to TVStock Nexus ROM today.
            Just download the rom image file and flash the device by using the Burn_Card_Maker utility.
            Everything works fine, expect the home screen app icon seems to become smaller than stock ROM. (6 app icons became 9 app icons per row in home screen)
            Anyone knows how to adjust the app icon size? my TV resolution is 1080p.
            By the way, TWRP shows the errors when trying to flash stock rom (20180803.173707.V0213).
            Can anyone guide me how to flash back to stock rom by using TWRP or burn card maker ?
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	USBbbbb.JPG
Views:	1942
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	751931

Erase bootloader leave checked or not?

Please... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeFlaBR View Post

Name:	USBbbbb.JPG
Views:	1942
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	751931

Erase bootloader leave checked or not?

Please... thanks!
                Thanks for your reply.
                I only used burn_card_maker utility to flash rom file, and it works to flash Magendanz's TVStock Nexus ROM.
                Not sure why I can not flash back the stock rom using the same way.
                I have confirmed the erase_bootloader option is toggled in burn_card_maker utility.

Name:	bcm.jpg
Views:	2108
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	751968

Comment

Anyone who can let me know because i?m new whats the difference between this modded rom and normal stock?
                  i have M8S Pro L (LB version with voice remote) and using stock rom, which is android tv based.

So how does this differ, because the pictures in this post look pretty much the same as stock. Is it faster, or does it have less bloatware, or more customisable maybe?

Comment

Magendanz: I cannot thank you enough. I bricked my M8S but thanks to your efforts, I was able to bring it back to life with USB Burning Tool and your Stock TV Rom and then the OTA Update, thereby getting rid of the clumsy Stock ROM. The secret I didn't understand was that when using the USB Burning Tool, turn the power to the M8S Pro L to OFF. I am sure others have stumbled into that error.
                    Last edited by Mainspring729; 11-23-2018, 03:08.

Comment

Anyone facing issues with audio on the Nexus ROM? My audio cuts off after a few minutes, on all apps. Same with casting as well, audio just cuts off.

Comment

Can anyone explain how to change the login settings for Netflix on the Gapps OTA Update? Darned if I can see how to get my username/password into this app.
                        [SOLVED]
                        Last edited by Mainspring729; 01-24-2019, 00:47.

Comment

Working...
                        X