Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96pro plus keeps crashing

Hi,

I got one​​​​​​ of these boxes from AliExpress and it turns on and just crashes with the screen just flickering, I'm not sure if it's a short circuit somewhere as I've experienced it working for several hours at a time but it rarely does this..
    Usually it will boot into Android and then after a few minutes crash with on screen artifacts.

I've ​​​​taken the board out of the case as it was overheating and the wifi antenna was loose.. I have added a usb fan over the GPU heatsink to cool it..
    I h​​​​​​ave flashed a few different firmwares including the most recent Android 7.1.1

Any ​​​​ideas what else I can try, it's a great little box when it's behaving..

Plug a USB cable into one of the ports on the box, with the other end plugged into a USB port (preferably 3.0) on a PC/Laptop and power it up and run it from there for a while and see if it stays up.

If it does then that may point to the AC power being the issue, either with the adapter or the board.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

hi, the box doesn't seem to have a micro usb port that I could use for power, not sure if you have any other suggestions?
      (tried posting before, not sure if it needs moderating first)

Comment

Fixed post wierd link on it. Yes need a male to male. Join two ends together and yes power amble to run device. Like blues stated sounds like ps issue. If runs fine on usb get replacement power supply.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Fixed post wierd link on it. Yes need a male to male. Join two ends together and yes power amble to run device. Like blues stated sounds like ps issue. If runs fine on usb get replacement power supply.
          Ok I will give that a try with a m-m cable then... will be there a specific port to try or any of the 4 usb ports should work?

yah i tried adding an image link to the android box to show the ports etc, weirdly I don't see any text when I preview my replies when posting...

Comment

I report to Neo seems your posts go as unapproved for some reason... Yes normaly is post closest to sd card that works best. Before you do that have you done a factory reset and just from settings so system restored to original? Its in settings easy to try before doing next steps.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by metronom3 View Post

....... weirdly I don't see any text when I preview my replies when posting...
              Are you using VPN?

Seems I recall something like this a while back, but could be irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                Are you using VPN?

Seems I recall something like this a while back, but could be irrelevant.
                Nope not using VPN only Chrome

I ordered a M2M USB see how it works out during the weekend, glad this thing has 4 usb ports?! I'm keen to get it to work as I don't fancy paying £50-£90 for something comparable if I can get this sorted out...

Comment

Hi I'm getting annoyed with this box flashed it with a few roms now and I'm having the sound cut out.
                  Stock firmware was fine first update it was constantly cutting out for a split second to a few seconds randomly. Second rom no sound at all so 3rd rom works fine for 5-10mins then starts cutting out for a second or 2 about every minute.
                  Been thru all the sound setting no difference low or hi vol still the same.
                  These are official roms from chinagaget and and other box sellers but not sure if my box being ddr4 is the issue.
                  Can someone with some knowledge help me out as this makes my box un watchable.
                  Any help much appreciated.
                  Or a rom that will just work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi metronom3,

I'm having the same issues with the same box (from aliexprezz) H96 Pro Plus + Amlogic S912 3gb/32gb

And...it's making me crazy,
                    I have an air mouse, many (or all) apps keep crashing "app is not responding",
                    and I've tried other firmware, now I'm on SCV3 from superceleron, but apps like kodi, even Settings, SystemUI crash.

The seller offered me to send it back, and they will send me a new one instead of this one... which I'm kind of lazy to do, since his address is like 20 lines of text, and I'm maybe getting the same / or another bad working box again,

This usually happens when I'm using the mouse, for example, in Settings scrolling down to some setting, or in Kodi, scrolling up or down to find a movie.

Did u have any luck with yours?

Thanks

Comment

Hi badster ,

maybe the Powersupply ??? what does the Box need 5V/2000mah ???

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply

it says on the description:
                        Power Supply 1 x 5V/2A DC

What's in Box

- 1 x H96 Pro Plus + Android tv Box

- 1 x Remote control

- 1 x Power Supply(5V/2A)

- 1 x HD Cable

- 1 x mini keyboard (optional )

- 1 x User Manual

:edit: Maybe I'll have to check when I'm back home tonight, if it fits the description..
                        Last edited by badster; 08-17-2017, 13:45. Reason: forgot

Comment

Hi badster ,

about Power maybe 2500mah or 3000mah / 5V/2500 or 5V/3000 ,

but first maybe this ,

do you have the DDR4 Version , maybe this Rom works :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ndroid-tv-ddr4

I think the Beelink GT1 Rom works too , but please , first ask in the specific Thread .

Maybe you can find some helping Info or Rom here :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...h96-pro/page10

read all before you do anything , good luck

greetings

gefattern
                          Last edited by gefattern; 08-17-2017, 18:47. Reason: adding

Comment

Thanks for your help

I just opened my box h96 pro plus 3gb 32gb, where i bought it it said ddr3 but when i opened, I saw its ddr4. Im gonna try the rom you referred thanks on my own responsibility of course

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I´m in the same situation. H96 PRO+ PLUS 3GB 16GB DDR4 from TOMTOP. The tv box crash, freeze, reboot and do not work with any of the lastest official firmware. I do not what to do. It seems there are a lot of defective tv box with the inestable rom.
                              TOMTOP do not give me a solution and I think the stole my money.
                              Any idea???? Any Solution?
                              I read Superceleron solutions but I am confused about all the costume roms.
                              Thank in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X