H96pro plus keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AaronM View Post
    Just got a new H96 pro+, and it is pretty much unusable e.g. https://youtu.be/bbUQkucJEXs

Not sure what memory I have, it says DDR3 on the box, but may not be inside. Am asking the supplier for assistance, but thought I look around myself as well, and badsters solution might be Ok for me?

Thanks
    Hi AaronM ,

so the best is to open up , make a good Picture and post it here , so you can see for sure what DDR it is , and we can guide you to

a better Rom . greetings gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by AaronM
      Hi badster, would you be able to put all the steps that worked for you in fixing the problem in one post? Thanks
      Hi Aaron

I saw your youtube video, it looks kind of like what my h96 pro plus 3/32 ddr4 was behaving

I could maybe use the box just a bit more with the apps before they stopped responding, and i had the black dots like you have

I bought mine on Aliexpress and in description it said ddr3

I tried many firmware and still had same problems

Then i just opened the box and unscrewed the 3 screws to see the bottom of the hardware, then i saw its ddr4, not ddr3 like i thought

So i looked for a ddr4 firmware

Found this one here and burned the iso on sd card on my pc and flashed on my box

Its working great for me

No more crashing

Only thing i had to fix was the remote
      Since the firmware is for another box, GT1 it has other remote than the h96

I found the remote.conf for the h96 pro plus in a thread here

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by badster; 08-26-2017, 21:34.

Comment

Thanks badster, much appreciated

Comment

No prob

The links in my reply dont work dunno why, but you can find the link to the firmware in the previous page on this thread and also the remote thread link

Just check inside the box if you have the same problem i had

Let us know how it works for you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

The supplier had me flash to an android 6 image using the instructions here http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.html. It was easy enough, but hasn't fixed the problem. Next step is to open it up and see if is indeed DDR4, but I suspect it probably is.

If I confirm it is DDR4, and download the beelink image badster pointed to (https://tinyurl.com/h96ddr4fix), can I flash it using the same method as wechip site says (but I should disable "erase bootloader" as instructed under the Beelink post?

I am right in thinking I load the image, and then after it is working i fix the remote.conf file?

Thannks

Comment

Hi AaronM ,

two Times yes , for flash and untick like other Post says . good luck / gefattern

Comment

This post was moved into this forum by the moderator and the context was lost...

This fix refers to the problem of the audio dropping out for a second once every thirty seconds or so.

I had the same problem of the audio/sound dropping out. This problem occurred on an h96 pro + device connected to the TV via a single HDMI cable. I tried many of the same software / firmware upgrades and configuration changes that the original poster tried without any success.

I eventually replaced the cheap HDMI cable that I was using with a much more beefy one (2x diameter) which I assume means better shielding and higher quality (?). This HDMI cable upgrade entirely solved the issue. The audio as heard through the TV from the H96 pro + through the HDMI cable is now flawless. Best of luck.
                Last edited by pwillikers; 08-28-2017, 23:11.

Comment

Hi pwillikers ,

i know , really dont know how this could happen , i moved it because of the many different

Topics about the H96Pro+ . But the User was already informed about it . Fortunately .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Alfawise H96 Pro+ from gearbest about a week ago. I installed SuperSU from the play store. It told me the SuperSU binary needed updating and I chose the normal (not via recovery) option to install. I took a minute or so and didn't hang or complain about anything.

After that the box was bricked not booting past the MBOX logo screen.

Not knowing what I am doing it took me ages to recover eventually managing to re-flash completely with the USB burning tool. SuperSU installed again and it seems to work despite constantly complaining about the binary needing updating.

Anyone have advice?

Comment

My H96pro plus has Android 6 they are now being sold with Android 7 how come it will not update ota

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Comment

To kerrybo & steevo ,

for kerrybo , this was a known Bug in the Update of SuperSu but next Update fixed that Bug ,

many Users had Problems .

For steevo ,

do you have checked the UpdateFunction ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern
                          To kerrybo & steevo ,

for kerrybo , this was a known Bug in the Update of SuperSu but next Update fixed that Bug ,

many Users had Problems .

For steevo ,

do you have checked the UpdateFunction ???

greetings / gefattern
                          Yeh checked update just says connected to server and revolving circle just keeps revolving lol cheers anyway

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

The play store SuperSU has not been updated since May. Is the binary a separate version and download that was updated in the last week or so?

Comment

Hi kerrybo ,

last update of SSu was good , the one before was bad and unrooted my Device , but if you read

the comments of SSu in PlayStore you will see it self .

But please answer , was your Device till you got it Home already rooted ???

For root you must do more then only installing SSu !!! please answer .

have a nice Day

gefattern
                              Last edited by gefattern; 09-01-2017, 02:09. Reason: corrections

Comment

Hi steevo ,

how long did you wait ???

You know that you can use a CustomRom from here , better then Stock ,

or even can install the Update by Flashtool .

But if you want to flash a CR , we need WifiChip and DDR Typ .

hope it helps good luck

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X