Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    ... I dont remember there being a 4.3 ...

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
      Here is one link i saved im trying to find the link i found that had every version, i Downloaded most of the versions and tried em all

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1dSHLpEgXD6EC8

Maybe that link has the rom versions on it just need to click back?

older versions

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Azwpwcztk0GLri

I dont remember there being a 4.3

https://mega.nz/folder/Bbwh0aQJ#iNVS...older/4OgRGTJb
      In the first link there is no one for X88 king.

The other old versions links dont show which tvbox they are compatible with

Comment

Originally posted by peybolman View Post

In the first link there is no one for X88 king.

The other old versions links dont show which tvbox they are compatible with
        Well i guess i dont understand how it works.

This is how i thought it worked, first you start with a working rom, say stock rom that came with the box, you use twrp and you install the slim rom which just "patches" the stock rom with the slimbox modifications? The slimbox rom isnt a stand alone rom thats why it needs a working rom to start with then it makes all the changes deletes the crap bloat ware apps you dont use, changes how the settings work, adds apps that we actually use and cleans things up

Then you add the "vendor" file that adapts the slimbox rom to your spacific box say the "X88" that has the "drivers" like the chipset, wifi, bluetooth etc.

Is this not how it works? or am i confused?

SO when you say it doesnt list what box its for, its just part of the whole rom, its like a 3 part procedure #1. start with working rom, #2 decide what Slimbox version you want 4.1, 4.2 5.1 etc #3. install vendor that completes the rom into a total complete rom?

Stock rom>Slimbox>Vendor

Least thats how i thought it worked?

Comment

I installed slimbox ver 4.3 ATV UBT and it works fine. I didn't install anything sooner or later. As I wrote earlier, ver 5.1 is not functional on our boxes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ZamioCVs8x8Con

and here is the supplier along with the ROM and you do not have to do anything extra and if I am wrong please correct me

Comment

Does anyone know where the boot animation file is located in these boxes, I would like to install a new and backup my old one on my X88 King. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
              ...where the boot animation file is located in these boxes...
              #/vendor/etc/bootvideo

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post
                I installed slimbox ver 4.3 ATV UBT and it works fine. I didn't install anything sooner or later. As I wrote earlier, ver 5.1 is not functional on our boxes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ZamioCVs8x8Con

and here is the supplier along with the ROM and you do not have to do anything extra and if I am wrong please correct me
                But slimbox ver 4.3 ATV UBT is an img rom. I have 5.1 and want to downgrade to 4.3 flashing with TWRP and not with UBT because I want to keep my apps and downloaded files
                that is why I ask for a zip rom 4.3

Comment

But slimbox ver 4.3 ATV UBT is an img rom...
                  There's no SLIMBOX zip version available for x88 King, only as img ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                    #/vendor/etc/bootvideo
                    Thanks, I tried that but its denying me access. Also found it in System/media, but there again denying me access

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                      There's no SLIMBOX zip version available for x88 King, only as img ROM.
                      was interested in making a flashable .zip file for TWRP from SLIMHOUSE 4.3.img rom file with the help of Amlogic Customization Tool

I found this but it looks quite difficult...Is this the only way to get it done?
                      https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...files-t3598139

Does anybody know any other place where it explains how to do it? Or an easier way?

Comment

Just a question to see if more of you have this issue...
                        after tvbox is working for sometime cpu use is high. Checking what process is being the reponsible I found that system/bin/netd starts consuming 100% CPU time infinitely

By the way I had the issue with slimbox 4.3 also 5.1 and others I tested before

it looks that this problem happens also to other people
                        You will have to complete all fields in order to get the issue accepted. Also please include logcat. We cannot investigate what we cannot reproduce. Which device are you on? (Ace,Fit, Gio or Mini) ...

A guy states that the problem is in the code parsing netlink messages, which is used by netd. It seems that netd gets stuck in infinite loop as soon as it receives buggy netlink message.

Does anybody know a posible solution?

Comment

SLIMBOX ver 6 for X88 King
                          ATV and AOSP for UBT
                          Android 9
                          4pda: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...post&p=9652549 9
                          Telegram channel: https://t.me/slimbox_x3_x2
                          Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xy?usp=sharing
                          Changes:
                          • Cut ViPER4AndroidFX (can be installed with a patch)
                          • Changed soundbar
                          • New logo and loading animation
                          • Activated by default the dark theme of the system
                          • Updated firmware
                          • Working built-in AFR
                          • Removed unnecessary launchers (AOSP)
                          • Added recent as atv,
                          so the close all (AOSP) button does not work
                          • Recent displays preview pictures
                          • Disabled additional image settings
                          • Updated wallpaper pack
                          • Voice search in Russian (AOSP)
                          • Cleared the firmware from debris
                          • The minimum number of built-in programs
                          • Status bar and navigation are hidden by default,
                          activated in settings

Comment

after tvbox is working for sometime cpu use is high. Checking what process is being the reponsible I found that system/bin/netd starts consuming 100% CPU time infinitely

You will have to complete all fields in order to get the issue accepted. Also please include logcat. We cannot investigate what we cannot reproduce. Which device are you on? (Ace,Fit, Gio or Mini) ...

A guy states that the problem is in the code parsing netlink messages, which is used by netd. It seems that netd gets stuck in infinite loop as soon as it receives buggy netlink message.

Try also last slimbox v6. But maybe it is connected to bad eth Realtek 8211f, which going only in rom from slimbox and vortex (oficial rom and coreelec have not solved 1 gbit on this box. In CE is going this king only in 100 mbit mode). Also all roms in all version todays have bad audio-video output volume. Must be increased through overwrite file in /system/vendor/etc with file mixer_paths.xml
                            Last edited by atirage21; 07-28-2020, 20:31.

Comment

When i searched this i found it was an issue with phones also

Comment

Originally posted by SlimHouse View Post
                                SLIMBOX ver 6 for X88 King
                                ATV and AOSP for UBT
                                Android 9
                                4pda: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...post&p=9652549 9
                                Telegram channel: https://t.me/slimbox_x3_x2
                                Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xy?usp=sharing
                                Changes:
                                • Cut ViPER4AndroidFX (can be installed with a patch)
                                • Changed soundbar
                                • New logo and loading animation
                                • Activated by default the dark theme of the system
                                • Updated firmware
                                • Working built-in AFR
                                • Removed unnecessary launchers (AOSP)
                                • Added recent as atv,
                                so the close all (AOSP) button does not work
                                • Recent displays preview pictures
                                • Disabled additional image settings
                                • Updated wallpaper pack
                                • Voice search in Russian (AOSP)
                                • Cleared the firmware from debris
                                • The minimum number of built-in programs
                                • Status bar and navigation are hidden by default,
                                activated in settings
                                Very good firmware, don't know what u did but some of my apps don't work on v5.1 and v6.0 and I got like 4 different Boxes....everything works great on v4.4....so I'm back to v4.4. My 1 TV app that won't load is TV Zion. Going to try v6.1 now...will keep you posted.
                                Update: No change on v6.1, some apps still don't open.
                                Last edited by raruba; 07-29-2020, 14:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X