Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GTKing VolksWare by Sasvlad with TWRP English and Russian Version

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Yes understand but untill then this is a possible workaround which might work for others. As I said seems to work for me. No matter how good I wont be buying an Ugoos any time soon at the price they are currently selling it with 2GB ram. I will stick with this box warts and all - can only get better as the firmware matures with further development

    Comment


      #62
      I just bought the Beelink GT king. After testing the stock firmware, switched to Volskware 1.3.
      Great Job !

      However, when on stock, the skulls eye became red when I put the box in standby. But that disappeared after flashing this ROM. Eyes stays green. Any ideas?

      I am using the B922 version.
      Thanks !

      Comment


        #63
        Hi Sasvlad,

        Thank you for your nice work, I've been using your ATV version and now trying to use the standard version since ATV version is not updated yet.
        However, I have encountered an error that I can't find a way to fix. It both happens in your latest 2.0 version and the stock 906P0 version:
        After flashing the roms with latest Amlogic USB Burning tool V2.1.6.8, after setting things up and entering the home screen, the screen keeps shuttering.
        After checking the cables, I found the color depth is set and fixed to 422 10bit, previously I have been using it at 420 10bit, since 422 seems to have bandwidth issues with HDMI 2.0
        My TV is Sony 9000F( Aka X900F) with soundbar HT-Z9F, my HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI 1 port in Z9F, and use the HDMI ARC port to connect to TV.
        It was working properly in older version (902P0) ATV V1.0 since I was able to set the color depth to YUV 4200. However the option is now unselectable...
        Please help.

        Thanks!

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by luzhanyi View Post
          Hi Sasvlad,

          Thank you for your nice work, I've been using your ATV version and now trying to use the standard version since ATV version is not updated yet.

          After checking the cables, I found the color depth is set and fixed to 422 10bit, previously I have been using it at 420 10bit, since 422 seems to have bandwidth issues with HDMI 2.0

          Please help.

          Thanks!
          It really is.
          If set to 4k in the system and you need to switch to 50 / 60Hz, then first change the depth to 420,10bit
          if we switch to 24/25/30 then switch to 444,10bit.
          We tried to implement this in afrd settings.
          Attentively look at all points of settings of this program.

          You can try to set the color depth through the file attr
          For example,
          Code:
          echo 444,10bit> / sys / class / amhdmitx / amhdmitx0 / attr
          What can be set:
          Code:
          420,12bit
          420,10bit
          420,8bit
          444,12bit
          444,10bit
          444,8bit
          422,12bit
          422,10bit
          422,8bit
          rgb,12bit
          rgb,10bit
          rgb,8bit

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

            It really is.
            If set to 4k in the system and you need to switch to 50 / 60Hz, then first change the depth to 420,10bit
            if we switch to 24/25/30 then switch to 444,10bit.
            We tried to implement this in afrd settings.
            Attentively look at all points of settings of this program.

            You can try to set the color depth through the file attr
            For example,
            Code:
            echo 444,10bit> / sys / class / amhdmitx / amhdmitx0 / attr
            What can be set:
            Code:
            420,12bit
            420,10bit
            420,8bit
            444,12bit
            444,10bit
            444,8bit
            422,12bit
            422,10bit
            422,8bit
            rgb,12bit
            rgb,10bit
            rgb,8bit

            Thanks for the prompt reply!
            I've tried to edit the attr file via ES explorer and now I'm able to set it to 422 10bit @30fps.
            Just wondering if I have to choose between 4K with [email protected] and [email protected](maybe 444, I haven't tried yet), which one do you think it's better?
            Mainly I used it for youtube video and 4K 10bit HDR movies using Kodi.
            Thanks a lot!

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by luzhanyi View Post


              Thanks for the prompt reply!
              I've tried to edit the attr file via ES explorer and now I'm able to set it to 422 10bit @30fps.
              Just wondering if I have to choose between 4K with [email protected] and [email protected](maybe 444, I haven't tried yet), which one do you think it's better?
              Mainly I used it for youtube video and 4K 10bit HDR movies using Kodi.
              Thanks a lot!
              I can’t tell you which one is better, since I don’t have a 4K TV. In our program (AFRD), we tried to make this switch automatically. Give it a try!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-125839.png
Views:	318
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	788073

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

                I can’t tell you which one is better, since I don’t have a 4K TV. In our program (AFRD), we tried to make this switch automatically. Give it a try!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-125839.png
Views:	318
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	788073
                Thanks for the reply.
                I'm now checking and trying all the settings in AFRD.
                But I didn't quite understand how the rules work, what does the numbers [4-9] means?

                Thanks!

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by luzhanyi View Post
                  But I didn't quite understand how the rules work, what does the numbers [4-9] means?
                  Thanks!
                  Leave it as it is.
                  AFRD uses the default 8bit color depth. If you want a different color depth - edit "Options for Advanced Users -> Color Space". Set instead of 444 -> 444,12bit. 420 do not touch, HDMI 1.4 does not have enough bandwidth at 420,12 bit.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

                    Leave it as it is.
                    AFRD uses the default 8bit color depth. If you want a different color depth - edit "Options for Advanced Users -> Color Space". Set instead of 444 -> 444,12bit. 420 do not touch, HDMI 1.4 does not have enough bandwidth at 420,12 bit.
                    Thanks a lot!

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

                      Leave it as it is.
                      AFRD uses the default 8bit color depth. If you want a different color depth - edit "Options for Advanced Users -> Color Space". Set instead of 444 -> 444,12bit. 420 do not touch, HDMI 1.4 does not have enough bandwidth at 420,12 bit.
                      Just want to make sure:
                      Since GT King and the soundbar & TV all have HDMI 2.0, (both soundbar and TV have specified to support [email protected], and HDMI port could reach 18Gbps with Enhanced Mode on), If I would like to try it as 422,12bit, should I set the color space as 2160p[4-9].*=420 .*=422,12bit ?

                      Also, it seems that after rebooting the TV box, the resolution and refresh rate will be reset to 2160p60hz, i'm wondering which steps went wrong...

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by luzhanyi View Post

                        Just want to make sure:
                        Since GT King and the soundbar & TV all have HDMI 2.0, (both soundbar and TV have specified to support [email protected], and HDMI port could reach 18Gbps with Enhanced Mode on), If I would like to try it as 422,12bit, should I set the color space as 2160p[4-9].*=420 .*=422,12bit ?
                        Yes.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          When I try to install this version,GTKing_VolksWare_by_Sasvlad_v.2.0_906P0_92 2Х_English, I get a "parse burning image fail". Tried two different compuers, using two different USB Burning Tools........ one tool 2.1.6.8 and one 2.1.7.0, but still got the same error............

                          What do I need to do?

                          thanks
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            When I try to install this version,GTKing_VolksWare_by_Sasvlad_v.2.0_906P0_92 2Х_English, I get a "parse burning image fail". Tried two different compuers, using two different USB Burning Tools........ one tool 2.1.6.8 and one 2.1.7.0, but still got the same error............

                            What do I need to do?

                            thanks
                            http://freaktab.org/693ba67a9b3e3236

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post
                              Thank you, Sasvlad. I installed the version 2.1.7.3, but still get the "parse" error..........
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Hi Sasvlad, sorry to bother you again with some (maybe) personal issues with your rom. Currently I'm using the latest 2.0 version, but this 'issue' also exists in the ATV 1.0 version.
                                It's an audio issue with 7.1 channel TrueHD, please check the screenshots below:
                                While choosing AC3 5.1 (side) - 6 Channels, my soundbar could correctly identify it as Dolby Audio - Dolby Digital 5.1ch 48kH:.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	微信图片_20191106133023.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	788452

                                While choosing TrueHD 7.1 - 8 Channels, my soundbar displays it as LPCM 2.0ch 48kHz;
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	_20191106133027.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	788453
                                After digging some setting files in the folder same as attr file, I fould a file named as aud_cap, after opening it I found there is a line with Dobly_Digital+. I'm wondering if this is a typo, shouldn't it be Dolby instead of Dobly?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	_20191106133030.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	788454 

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X