Linux for RK3188 based TV boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
    if you get this from linux, as I said it is just ignored in this modified initrd image.
    Working command line string should be
    initrd=0x62000000,0x00210000 init=/sbin/init root=LABEL=linuxroot
    So if I take my compiled mk908 kernel, linuxium's initramfs, and your command line... it should get something right? Lol.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what this means.

And the android kernel is useless, no networking!

Also I've never seen this part...
    Code:
    ,0x00210000
    Buy me a beer with
    DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
    or
    BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

deleted because of misunderstanding
      Last edited by freefall; 09-30-2013, 07:12.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        No way for me to make WiFi work. I write a email to imito, because WiFi bug on reboot cant make WiFi work on Linux, I dont knoe if it is a hardware problem or softwate. no answer from imito from now.

leolas
        Thats a nasty bug. However, if linux kernel placed on boot, not on recovery partition (to boot linux directly) it could work right?

I still want to test linux on imito qx1 with or without wifi. I wish somebody made a full image (that can work without wifi) for testing. I have usb 2.0 ethernet that works full speed under android but not sure it'll work in this.

Perhaps I give it a try to internal nand option

Comment

Re: Linux for RK3188 based TV boxes

Originally posted by muratremix View Post
          Thats a nasty bug. However, if linux kernel placed on boot, not on recovery partition (to boot linux directly) it could work right?

I still want to test linux on imito qx1 with or without wifi. I wish somebody made a full image (that can work without wifi) for testing. I have usb 2.0 ethernet that works full speed under android but not sure it'll work in this.

Perhaps I give it a try to internal nand option
          I tested first linuxium build and it boots and works very well without wifi in a recovery partition, and if the usb to Ethernet works in android, I am almost sure it will work in linux.

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
            NOTE about UBUNTU. After loading kernel, at some point some error messages are displayed and it looks like system is frozen. It is not, wait 2-3 minutes and it will continue and work normally. I am not a ubuntu expert, so if someone has idea how to fix this, please post some solution and i will fix it in next release.
            It would seem that the boot up freezing to find the network... one of the tricks i use is to
            edit /etc/init/failsafe.conf search for 20,40,59 change them to 2,4,6 - that would make the system wait for about 10-12 seconds.... instead of the current 2 mnts...

Alok

Comment

sad, this doesn't work on MK908 V3 hardware.

Picuntu work perfectly on QC802, including Wifi, sound, USB to ethernet adapter. but my QC802 has some power supplies issue which cause random reboots. That's why i returned it for a MK908, thinking that MK908 has the same hardware and ubuntu should work as well.
              Last edited by freefall; 09-30-2013, 09:54.

Comment

So if I take my compiled mk908 kernel, linuxium's initramfs, and your command line... it should get something right? Lol.
                Well that didn't work.

The android kernel boots, is there a way I can generate a config file from that kernel?
                Buy me a beer with
                or

Comment

Check if there is /proc/config.gz.
                  If file is not there, that means, that kernel is not compiled with that option.
                  I have read somewhere, that is is possible, to just insert this as module, compiled separately, but I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by freefall View Post
                    sad, this doesn't work on MK908 V3 hardware.

Picuntu work perfectly on QC802, including Wifi, sound, USB to ethernet adapter. but my QC802 has some power supplies issue which cause random reboots. That's why i returned it for a MK908, thinking that MK908 has the same hardware and ubuntu should work as well.
                    Mk908V3 - has serious problems... I have one of these and its a pain to get it up and running... Omegamoon's has posted on github, mk908 versions - but i guess he has tested with v1 hardware only...

It seems, there are multiple versions of v3 hardware too...

Right now, the v3 is a hit and trial situation - for some it works, for others... :-( Will keep you posted, when i hv a stable stuff for the 908v3

Alok

Comment

good news

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                      Mk908V3 - has serious problems... I have one of these and its a pain to get it up and running... Omegamoon's has posted on github, mk908 versions - but i guess he has tested with v1 hardware only...

It seems, there are multiple versions of v3 hardware too...

Right now, the v3 is a hit and trial situation - for some it works, for others... :-( Will keep you posted, when i hv a stable stuff for the 908v3

Alok
                      Hi, i think i've made it , and here's a working recovery.img for MK908 V3. Anyone interested might give it a try.

Comment

Hi, i think i've made it , and here's a working recovery.img for MK908 V3. Anyone interested might give it a try.
                        Still no dice for me. Just Google TV logo then reboots.
                        Buy me a beer with
                        or

Comment

+ Sin Huang on Google+ released this a few moments ago:
                          ftp://dl.gizfun.com/mk908-linux-reco...3.0.72.tar.bz2

Which works perfect for me, just need to get modules loaded
                          Buy me a beer with
                          or

Comment

Will check and revert...

Alok

Comment

Ok,

Ive gotten my own compiled kernel to boot now, by stealing the config.gz from Sin Huang's running kernel, and OmegaMoons latest RK3188 3.0.72+ source.

Uploading to git now...

Here it is!

Generic Rockchip GPL Linux Kernel. Contribute to tyeo098/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

Just clone it, run maker.sh, put yout device in bootloader mode and run flash_recovery.sh

Thanks Omegamoon for the brilliant source

Who wants to work on wifi drivers?
                              Last edited by tyeo098; 09-30-2013, 23:46.
                              Buy me a beer with
                              or

Comment

Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
                                Ok,

Ive gotten my own compiled kernel to boot now, by stealing the config.gz from Sin Huang's running kernel, and OmegaMoons latest RK3188 3.0.72+ source.

Uploading to git now...

Here it is!

Generic Rockchip GPL Linux Kernel. Contribute to tyeo098/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

Just clone it, run maker.sh, put yout device in bootloader mode and run flash_recovery.sh

Thanks Omegamoon for the brilliant source

Who wants to work on wifi drivers?
                                Omegamoon has a nice set of drivers for you in the git... look carefully, he has done an awesome job of patching them up already ...

Alok

Comment

Working...
                                X