This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install KitKat 4.4.2 on Imito MX1

It is not clear to me on how to install KitKat on my MX1. In installed the CWM but all links are either broken or need a password. Where can I find the img or zip needed for CWM to install KitKat on the MX1 Please let me know I would like to update the software.

I have Downloaded the RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.7Z is this what I use for CWM?

Please help.

Also has the WiFi issue been resoled for MX1?

Comment

Originally posted by webmaven View Post
      It is not clear to me on how to install KitKat on my MX1. In installed the CWM but all links are either broken or need a password. Where can I find the img or zip needed for CWM to install KitKat on the MX1 Please let me know I would like to update the software.

I have Downloaded the RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.7Z is this what I use for CWM?

Please help.

Also has the WiFi issue been resoled for MX1?
      That's not for the CWM, we don't have cwm version. This one you flash with AndroidTool 2.1. You have a youtube video explaining how to flash it (I think it's on the first page).
      AndroidTool can be downloaded here:

1. Open the "Upgrade Firmware" Tab
      2. Press "Firmare" button and select RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img
      (this you have in that .7z file, you need to extract it with winrar or 7zip)
      3. Press "Erase Firmware" and wait until its done
      4. Press "Upgrade" and wait until its finished
      5. Wait further 5 minutes, at it needs to start few scripts after upgrading

Comment

hy guys,
        I have flashed my MK809II with RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img, installed CWM, root the image, upgrade to the latest kernel (kernel-01_30_2015.7z) by avion, set the runtime to art (upgraded the google apps)

All work fine but sometimes (pretty often) the device is freezing (the screen goes blank) and i must unplugged the device in order to reboot.

Is there any workaround for this? The device did the same thing before the kernel upgrade.
        Should i re-flash the device? I like the image itțs much better that the stock firmware but i don't like this problems.

thank you,
        Costin

Comment

Originally posted by logaritm View Post
          hy guys,
          I have flashed my MK809II with RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img, installed CWM, root the image, upgrade to the latest kernel (kernel-01_30_2015.7z) by avion, set the runtime to art (upgraded the google apps)

All work fine but sometimes (pretty often) the device is freezing (the screen goes blank) and i must unplugged the device in order to reboot.

Is there any workaround for this? The device did the same thing before the kernel upgrade.
          Should i re-flash the device? I like the image itțs much better that the stock firmware but i don't like this problems.

thank you,
          Costin
          Hi,
          well obviously it's not the kernel since you change it and the issue persist. Did you try without the art runtime? (I've experienced some issues with it as well and I'm currently running on dalvik)
          If that doesn't help then there is nothing else to do but to change the firmware as there is something in it that causes this freezing (it might be some wrong pin setup or who knows what else)..

Comment

hi avion,
            i changed the kernel because sometimes when device came back after stand by there was no sound on hdmi. it's not the kernel responsable for freezing but your kernel contains the audio fix.

the device freezes when i'm running youtube videos. I'll try to set back to dalvik, maybe do a fresh install and hope it will work. i didn't save the stock firmware, I hope I'll find a fix for this.

Comment

hi avion,
              i changed the kernel because sometimes when device came back after stand by there was no sound on hdmi. it's not the kernel responsable for freezing but your kernel contains the audio fix.

the device freezes when i'm running youtube videos. I'll try to set back to dalvik, maybe do a fresh install and hope it will work. i didn't save the stock firmware, I hope I'll find a fix for this.
              Well if mine kernel is working fine four you, you could try my moded ROM found here on the forums :

It's basically based on shomary release with some updates and tweaks

Comment

thank you very much!
                i'll try and get back with feedback.

Comment

hi avion,

i had the same issue, with both roms and kernels.. only solution was to revert to 4.2

i noticed that on this 4.4 rom http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....-44-stock.html , there were no issues like above.. but, it doesn't have right GPIOs to turn on wifi and bt, for mtk chipsets.

Comment

reinstalled the rom with avion kernel, all work fine EXCEPT one minor bug: the device doesn't resume after stand by.
                    I only have the option to unplug the power supply because on mouse click it doesn't came back to life.
                    any ideas how to fix this?

Comment

reinstalled the rom with avion kernel, all work fine EXCEPT one minor bug: the device doesn't resume after stand by.
                      I only have the option to unplug the power supply because on mouse click it doesn't came back to life.
                      Nope, that's known bug .. I can only guess that I've missed mapping on some pins but I've tried all possible combinations without success.
                      I almost destroy my reset button during the development so I've stopped with experimentation as everything else is working better than old 4.2 rom.

Comment

Wait, you don't have this issue with that other ROM and my kernel ??

Comment

Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

i'll flash other kernel and check the stand by function

later edit: with the stock kernel of rk30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617 i have te stand by function but issue with device freezing

later edit 2: i'm back at rk30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617 with avion kernel kernel-01_30_2015 - no freezing but the device doesn't resume from stand by.
                          Last edited by logaritm; 02-28-2015, 20:01.

Comment

Mine doesn't work..

Hi.. I use a Pipo Max M1. I tried to flash the v1.1 nothing happens after flashing. It doesn't restart like it used to. I tried flashing with the stock rom of pipo max m1 4.1.1 it works just fine.. I followed every single step you gave, I still got nothing.. I don't even know what i'm doing wrong for it not to work..

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

Overclocked Kernel - 1080p (try at your own risk - CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600): https://mega.co.nz/#!6N5RVIBD!48i4hG...g85DAQ7LYSUahE
                              Mirror link is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by saruichi View Post
                                Hi.. I use a Pipo Max M1. I tried to flash the v1.1 nothing happens after flashing. It doesn't restart like it used to. I tried flashing with the stock rom of pipo max m1 4.1.1 it works just fine.. I followed every single step you gave, I still got nothing.. I don't even know what i'm doing wrong for it not to work..
                                This is ROM for Imito MX1 / MX2 primary, other sticks which have the same chipset should also work but that depends on PINS. Since I don't have Pipo I can't say for sure why it's not working, sometimes it can be caused by low power (bad power adapter) .. you can try to connect it trough any 2 A adapter if you have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X