MK809II Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809II Finless 1.7a ROM

Here comes another Finless ROM - Jellybean 4.1.1. This time it is for MK809II.

I took the kernel from the original firmware and put it together with the finless 1.7a system for imito.

The result is just another fine Finless ROM.

Download

Mirror Download

Now have fun.

JDfense

credits: thx to Finless of course, thx tattman65 for the bootanimation and special thx to kennythewise for the test pilot job.
    PS: ...and some awesome music for the android installation The Kooks Debüt Album
    Last edited by JDfense; 06-22-2013, 21:26.

Thanks for this.

I will give it a try as a comparison with the iMito 4.2.2 Finless 2.0 ROM.

Looking at the extracted file, I can see boot images for 720 and 1080P but just the one kernel.img, which I am guessing is for 720P?

Just wanted to be sure before I flash.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Be careful, I'm not shure if I understand you complete, but this is not a imito rom anymore and you can't mix it with 4.2x.

I don't think, you would have the luck with the mk809II kernel for JB 4.2.2. From 4.1.x to 4.2.x is a big step in the kernel.

I think the boot1080.img works with the kernel of the mk809II, but I let the 720p in for trial. More than a loop could not happen, if it not fits.Then you have to reflash with the 1080p. Let me know, if the 720p makes trouble.

JDfense

Comment

Finless ROM for MK809II

Finally!
        MK809II has it's own Finless ROM...
        Thank you very much for this!

By the way, hope you don't mind me asking asking this:
        Why did you use the Finless 1.7a for Imito instead of Finless 1.7 for Measy U2C?
        I really don't know the actual difference between the two but some people (including me),
        upon trying out both ROMs on MK809II, the ROM for Measy U2C turns out to be better...
        (Better in a sense that, Antutu score is higher on Measy U2C Rom.)

Anyway, I will definitely flash this ROM on my MK809II when I get back home.
        Thanks again. Great job!

Comment

Antutu score for this rom?

Originally posted by g.b.a. View Post
          Finally!
          MK809II has it's own Finless ROM...
          Thank you very much for this!

By the way, hope you don't mind me asking asking this:
          Why did you use the Finless 1.7a for Imito instead of Finless 1.7 for Measy U2C?
          I really don't know the actual difference between the two but some people (including me),
          upon trying out both ROMs on MK809II, the ROM for Measy U2C turns out to be better...
          (Better in a sense that, Antutu score is higher on Measy U2C Rom.)

Anyway, I will definitely flash this ROM on my MK809II when I get back home.
          Thanks again. Great job!
          Anybody did a antutu om this rom.
          And can it also be run on a clone of mk809II ?

Comment

Thanks for your hint, g.b.a.
            As I said, I'm cooking this Rom in the dark, because I do not own an imito, mk809 or measy.
            Someone pointing me to the imito Rom, so I took it as base.

JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
              Thanks for your hint, g.b.a.
              As I said, I'm cooking this Rom in the dark, because I do not own an imito, mk809 or measy.
              Someone pointing me to the imito Rom, so I took it as base.

JDfense
              Understood.
              And I really appreciate this. (since I don't know how to cook a ROM... hahaha)

Anyway, I'll try this out later then report back to you if it is better than New-Measy U2C Finless
              1.7 Rom or not.

By the way, JFYI, I have tried the Finless 2.0 for Imito on MK809II but I revert back to Measy U2C
              Finless 1.7 since I am having some issues with Bluetooth (keeps on dropping at a certain time).
              But I must say that if that BT issue is solved, then Finless 2.0 for Imito is another great Rom for
              MK809II.

Thanks again and I'll report back to you...

Comment

Have you tried the unchanged imito Finless 2.0 or with a 4.2x kernel for mk809II?

JDfense

Comment

Be careful, I'm not shure if I understand you complete, but this is not a imito rom anymore and you can't mix it with 4.2x.

I don't think, you would have the luck with the mk809II kernel for JB 4.2.2. From 4.1.x to 4.2.x is a big step in the kernel.

I think the boot1080.img works with the kernel of the mk809II, but I let the 720p in for trial. More than a loop could not happen, if it not fits.Then you have to reflash with the 1080p. Let me know, if the 720p makes trouble.

JDfense
                  What I meant was that ROM's often come with boot and kernel images for both 720 and 1080P but in this case there is just the one kernel.img.

My understanding is (which could be wrong) that you have to match up the boot and kernel images for things to work correctly, so if there was a boot720 and boot1080 image, there would need to be a kernel720 and kernel1080 to match, dependent upon which route somebody chooses to go.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes, you are right in case of the finless Rom, but I don't know what the kernel of the mk809ii does support, so I decide to leave both boot.img version in the Rom.

Let's see the feedback.

JDfense
                    Last edited by JDfense; 06-04-2013, 22:16.

Comment

Antutu Benchmark results

Hi,

Yesterday I was able to install this ROM on my MK809II device and I must say that it
                      performs just like the other Imito ROMs (as expected).
                      Everything seems to be working fine. (especially WiFi and Bluetooth).
                      But my wife and I really liked the Boot animation. Nice job!

Also, I had the chance to get some Antutu Benchmark results with this Rom as well as the
                      other Roms on MK809II device.
                      Please see below.

New Measy U2C Finless 1.7 = 9657
                      Imito Finless 2.0 = 9000
                      MK809II Finless 1.7a (this Rom) = 7315 (this is almost same as other Imito Finless Roms)

With these results, I guess the New Measy U2C Finless 1.7 Rom is still the great Rom for
                      MK809II with regards to Antutu results.

But I'm really glad that MK809II has it's own Rom now.
                      And maybe there will be more to come...

Thanks again JDfense for your effort.

Comment

JDfense... Congrats man!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out... I cannot keep up with all these ROMs now.

I am looking to you to help me do more of them

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks g.b.a for your feedback.

Antutu is an orientation to test different versions of one ROM, but don't count on it too much. Take better your personal feeling for speed and add another Benchmark like quadrant.

Btw my cx803II performs between 6600 and about 8000 antutus, but I feel not really much difference.

JDfense

Comment

Antutu is an orientation to test different versions of one ROM, but don't count on it too much. Take better your personal feeling for speed and add another Benchmark like quadrant.

Btw my cx803II performs between 6600 and about 8000 antutus, but I feel not really much difference.
                            JDfense
                            Yes, you're right. I also noticed that.
                            Sometimes getting a high score in Antutu doesn't mean that you have the great ROM.

That's why, when I tested the Imito Finless 2.0 ROM, it seems snappier than the New Measy U2C
                            Finless 1.7 Rom though the Imito's Antutu is lesser.
                            Right now, I stick with your Finless 1.7a at the moment and see if it performs well enough for us.

I might try also Quadrant and see how well those ROMs perform.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Is kernel from mk809-II is compatibile with mk809-I (no BT) device?
                              Last edited by lin; 06-05-2013, 08:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X