MK809II Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't confirm it.

You better put in your device kernel for a trial.

JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
      I can't confirm it.

You better put in your device kernel for a trial.

JDfense
      THANKS for fast response!
      I have one more noob question ...
      If I put stock kernel (rooted) from mk809-I is all new features (eg new modules) from finless ROM will be available?
      Last edited by lin; 06-05-2013, 11:05.

Comment

I don't think so, if the hardware is different to the mk809II.
        Btw the rooting ist not in the kernel, it is always in the system.

JDfense

Comment

I don't think so, if the hardware is different to the mk809II.
          Btw the rooting ist not in the kernel, it is always in the system.

JDfense

Guten Tach' ,

can you possibly cook the mk809 I rom? I would volunteer for beta testing. I do owe both devices 809 and 809II
          I am familar with the flashing process and yet managed do debrick the 809 several times.

what's your thoughts?

on the mk809 most issues are like Wifi not working ...

Cheers,
          T.

Comment

Which TV-sticks have the same hardware as the mk809I?

JDfense

Comment

JDfense

this is the only rom where i could make wifi work.

Comment

Do you use the finless imito rom complete and could you point me to the mk809I stock jellybean

JDfense

Comment

JDfense

mk809.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mk809.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

yes, i do use that rom frequently, but i tried the all recent 4.2.2 from Bob but wifi is alltime a problem, everything else runs perfectly. With ug802_finless_18_beta also wifi is not working, seems that they all have wifidriver which works with 809II but not with the 809.

Comment

You can't mix 4.1 and 4.2 parts of a Rom. So we could only try a 4.1, if stock rom is a 4.1.

JDfense

Comment

You can't mix 4.1 and 4.2 parts of a Rom. So we could only try a 4.1, if stock rom is a 4.1.

JDfense
                      ah, that's ok for me. since we seem to have a database soon, i will test your rom and provide updates than...

Comment

Mk809 4.1 JB is your firmware and the imito mx1 Finless 1.5 ROM works for you. What does not work with the Finless rom or is it unstable with your mk809?

JDfense

Comment

i tested arround a bit more, and found http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-version-1-7 to be working fine, i had issues with video playback, if you stop the video while playing it crashes.

Comment

Hi my mk809ii come delivered with finless 1.5 on it and I was having very bad stability.

I've installed this on it and so far it's been rock solid. Thanks alot!

Comment

Hi JDfense!
                              A friend bring me his MK809II, it was new but his nephew killed it, we don't know what he does, but now that tv-stick doesn't boot, I see only 2 tux on the top-left of the screen and after a glowing text "R-BOX", I think that he flashed that tv-stick but if failed... I wanna try to fix it but I don't know how to flash a rom in it, can you give me a link or an help to flash it?

Really thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFoxy View Post
                                Hi JDfense!
                                A friend bring me his MK809II, it was new but his nephew killed it, we don't know what he does, but now that tv-stick doesn't boot, I see only 2 tux on the top-left of the screen and after a glowing text "R-BOX", I think that he flashed that tv-stick but if failed... I wanna try to fix it but I don't know how to flash a rom in it, can you give me a link or an help to flash it?

Really thank's.
                                Hi,

I am not JDfense, but I would like to help you out...
                                I guess this is your first time to flash a ROM on MK809II, right?
                                Well, it's OK. I understand. Everybody has their first time.

First of all, have you tried to wait a little more after the glowing text "R-BOX"?
                                Normally, if it is still in the original ROM, it will display on this pattern:
                                2 penguins on the upper left - followed by glowing R-BOX - after around 30secs or 1 minute (or more),
                                it will boot up to Homescreen.
                                If you've waited for around 3 mins. or more, then it is still in glowing R-BOX, then you need to follow the
                                following steps.
                                1. Download first the zip file (Finless 1.7a ROM) from the OP.
                                2. Wholeheartedly read and understand the readme file inside of that zip file.
                                3. Somewhere there, you will discover that you must be in Flash mode.
                                4. If your device is not really booting up properly, I think you cannot enter Flash mode. If that is the
                                case, please follow these:
                                a. unplug the micro USB cable on MK809II. (you may leave it connected on the HDMI port of the TV)
                                b. Plug the other end of the cable (male USB) to your PC. (leave the micro USB disconnected)
                                b. there is a small switch inside the small hole near the microSD slot, try to push it. (maybe by using a
                                paper clip or something)
                                if you are having a hard time in locating the switch inside, you may open your device.
                                c. try to push the switch for around 3 secs then insert the micro USB cable in the OTG port
                                (micro USB port near the microSD card slot; not the microUSB port beside the USB port)
                                (note that while inserting the microUSB cable to the device, you are still pushing the small switch)
                                d. if you've done it right, you are now in Flash mode.
                                5. If you are now in Flash mode, you may continue the steps written in the readme file.
                                (hint: you may need to install the driver first!)

Goodluck!

p.s. anybody who knows the procedure well, please correct me if there's something wrong...
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X