MK809II Finless 1.7a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    The answer for that is in the readme file included with the rom ... it explains which boot image and kernel you use depending on which output you are trying to use.
    The readme says choose from kernel720 or kernel1080 but there is only one file in the download package, kernel.img. Can I use this with both boot720 and boot1080?

Comment

Originally posted by fic123 View Post
      The readme says choose from kernel720 or kernel1080 but there is only one file in the download package, kernel.img. Can I use this with both boot720 and boot1080?
      The version I was using ( different ROM ) had them in the FinlessROM folder... if your's doesn't have that I'm not sure what to suggest... the bootanimation for a 1080p kernel is larger than will fit on the 720p screen... so the bootXXXX.img and kernelXXXX.img should be the same for XXXX... and you'd probably be ok using a boot720.img with the kernel1080.img since the bootanimation would just be a bit small for the screen... but the other way around won't look right

Comment

I don't know what version is the kernel. There is no kernelXXXX.img, the name of the file is just kernel.img

Comment

I don't know what version is the kernel. There is no kernelXXXX.img, the name of the file is just kernel.img
          Only you can look at the files you have... where I typed "XXXX" is to mean either 720 or 1080 but since I can't see what you have... you have to think a little for yourself based on what you have.

If you have a backup of your ROM as you should before you flash other ROM's... you could always test to see what happened. If it doesn't work properly, flash back to your own ROM

Comment

I know what XXXX meant.

These are the files I have (from the download link in the first post of this thread)
            boot720.img
            boot1080.img
            kernel.img
            misc.img

I don't have backup of the original stock kernel that the device came with. It's my first time flashing android device.

My goal is to get 1080p output, as it was before flashing with finless 1.7a ROM using boot720.img and kernel.img

Comment

I know what XXXX meant.

These are the files I have (from the download link in the first post of this thread)
              boot720.img
              boot1080.img
              kernel.img
              misc.img

I don't have backup of the original stock kernel that the device came with. It's my first time flashing android device.

My goal is to get 1080p output, as it was before flashing with finless 1.7a ROM using boot720.img and kernel.img

Just making certain you understood what I meant by the XXXX.... no room for any confusion for whatever reason.

Your first priority is to get a copy of the original ROM.... without that you don't have a fall back plan and if something doesn't work properly... you only hurt yourself. More about how to identify it later...

From reading the first post.. this is only in part a Finless ROM... someone else put it together from bits and pieces and going by what you said... has only provided one kernel and they didn't say which. This may work fine and perhaps somewhere in this thread they actually tell more about it... but I do know you can't simply go by the name given for the device and expect it to be the same as your own device.

Read through the post about the MK808/B clones and you'll see what I mean... The companies selling these things aren't consistent in how they name them... in otherwords, what you thought was one device may not be exactly that device, it may be a fake or a clone which uses different part.

When reading that thread... look at the chips they are describing... they mention the RK3066 of course... but the fakes are all using different Wifi/BT chipsets .... this means they aren't really a MK808/B devices. This happens on many of the different models so make certain your's really is the one you think before you proceed. You may end up needing to post pictures of both sides of the inside boards and ask for help... a little research now will save you a lot of grief later.

Of course, you may have exactly what you think it is... just make certain before you go on.

Comment

For now I don't want to open my device to see the exact hardware so first I'll try some other ROMs that people say work on MK809 II.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

For now I don't want to open my device to see the exact hardware so first I'll try some other ROMs that people say work on MK809 II.

Thanks for the help.
                  I had thought similar things when I first got mine... and then wished I hadn't after it wouldn't boot after that. At least you know it isn't recommended and why ...

Comment

please help i think i killed it

I have had an mk809ii for several months now and had the stock rom on it, was using it for xbmc but found that the hw support even on the tweaked gothem builds was lousy so i thought i would try to flash finless 1.7a that people seemed to be raving about.
                    i downloaded all the packs required to do this and followed the instructions.
                    computer found the device and installed drivers
                    got it into flash mode and installed drivers
                    rebooted computer and got back into flash mode all fine
                    clicked flash
                    the program sent all the info to the device fine
                    on the tv it showed formatting the three things (cont remember exact text)
                    then said rebooting
                    great i thought that was easy

then i waited
                    nothing
                    then i took the power out
                    nothing
                    then i rebooted computer
                    nothing
                    tried pressing reset button on mk809ii
                    nothing

basically i have no signal to the tv and i cant get the computer to find the device.
                    im running windows 7 and have mk809ii
                    is there a way to force it back to flash mode or is it a total lost cause. i loved this little box but just wanted to get it to play movies smoothly.
                    would really appreciate some advice as id preffer not to have to buy a new one.
                    if that is the case though can you recommend a better bow that is small and runs hd smooth as butter

thankyou in advance
                    neil

Comment

I've flashed this rom on my device... all works fine but I can't turn on my wifi!
                      I don't know what kernel must I use to turn on my wifi. here are pictures of my device if someone wants to help me!

tnx in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by prdek View Post
                        I've flashed this rom on my device... all works fine but I can't turn on my wifi!
                        I don't know what kernel must I use to turn on my wifi. here are pictures of my device if someone wants to help me!

tnx in advance!
                        Look over in the thread about identifying clone MK808B's ... start with my post #150 and read on... http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post124714

I can't remember which ROM I ended up using in the end... but that is where the links to different compatible ROM's started showing up....

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                          Look over in the thread about identifying clone MK808B's ... start with my post #150 and read on... http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post124714

I can't remember which ROM I ended up using in the end... but that is where the links to different compatible ROM's started showing up....
                          thank you!
                          I installed that one from rikomagic site and all works fine! even xbmc plays hd videos just fine!

Comment

Working...
                          X