X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new discover... If I disable Usb debug, I find my stick

Comment

Originally posted by RedFoxy View Post
      thank's, but where I fund that file to edit?
      Look in the folder where you unpacked the Finless Rom, for example Imito MX1_MX2 Finless 1.7a ROM.
      In there you will find the file; setting.ini
      Open that with notepad and change SUPPORTUSB11=0 to SUPPORTUSB11=1

Comment

Originally posted by RedFoxy View Post
        a new discover... If I disable Usb debug, I find my stick
        ok all fixed! and rom upgraded to Finless 1.7a

Comment

Hey!
          I've got my hands into a mk809-I yesterday and burnt the standard 808 1.7a ROM. Everything worked fine but the wifi (and the bluetooth, this model doesn't have the BT module). I thought it could be because it was a 808 rom and I have a 809 model so I tried with this rom. I get the same result: no wi fi at all

Any recommendations? what other rom could I try? Did anyone have the same problem?

Comment

Hi

I just got my mk809ii. http://visopix.com/wp-content/upload.../mk809ii-3.jpg <-- that one. It has andoird 4.2.2 in it and model is rk30sdk.

1) Is there working cwm recovery for my device ? I tried to use one cmw recovery but the model name is incorrect due rk30sdk (cmw uses rk3066).

2) I do not have windows computer so I'd like to flash my device with linux and rkflashtool. Is it possible ?
            I just red the partitoin information from my device and it looks like this:
            0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),
            0x00008000@0x00004000(kernel),
            0x00008000@0x0000c000(boot),
            0x00010000@0x00014000(recovery),
            0x00020000@0x00024000(backup),
            0x00040000@0x00044000(cache),
            0x00200000@0x00084000(userdata),
            0x00002000@0x00284000(kpanic),
            0x00100000@0x00286000(system),
            -@0x00386000(user)

I haven't found instroductions howto flash these devices with linux. So I'll just ask you guys.
            If I want to use rkflashtool, do I use it like this (Imito MX1_MX2 Finless 2.0 JB 4.2.2 ROM)?

./rkflashtool w 0x00002000 0x00002000 < misc.img.
            ./rkflashtool w 0x00004000 0x00008000 < kernel720.img
            ./rkflashtool w 0x0000c000 0x00008000 < boot720.img
            ./rkflashtool w 0x00014000 0x00010000 < recovery.img
            ./rkflashtool w 0x00286000 0x00100000 < system.img
            ./rkflashtool b

Is this all I need to do ? Or is this proper way to brick my device ?

Thanks and sorry my bad english.

EDIT : Well I found some topics about flashing with linux and looks like it cannot be done at the moment. Which really sucks. Well then there is only one thing to do. I need to find working cwm recovery and maybe someone is willing to share backup of freshly flashed finless rom. I'm not even sure which rom is good for me but I'm looking for good playpack for 720p videos. Maybe that is the only way for me to "flash" my device.
            Last edited by suikka; 09-04-2013, 14:42.

Comment

FOR MK809II STICKS STUCK IN R-BOX SCREEN

I wasted a lot of time trying to get the Finless 1.7 ROM to load to my MK809II, I would get errors trying to reboot to flash or download the ROM saying "not msc device"... What finally made everything work was as follows:

1.- download the files from http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...nless-1-7a-ROM and extract them to your hard drive.

2.- IT IS EXTTREMELY IMPORTANT TO DO THE 6-7 PIN BRIDGE WHILE YOU POWER UP THE MK809II.
              To do this you need to open your stick and follow the instruction here: http://www.mk809.com/CS102/UploadFil...nstruction.zip
              There is a file called "mk809 recovery by short circuit-11.03", it has a picture of the stick circuit with an explanation of the pins that need to be bridged or shorted on application of power to the stick so it will boot in flashable mode. If you don't do this, the whole flash process will NOT work.

Remember to connect the USB cable on the side connector of the stick and not on the back connector.

3.- After you boot the stick while shorting the pins, you will need to install the USB drivers for your machine. This is pretty straightforward, go to computer properties, device manager and look for a new device that has an error, right click in it and reinstall/install driver. Choose a driver from the download you made in step 1.

4.- Run the ROM Flash Tool that you downloaded in step number one. You will see a list of 7 files at the top, the files are correct but the path is invalid for some reason, just click on the square on the right of each file and it will open a windows explorer window, go to the Finless ROM folder and select a file with the same name as the one you clicked on in the list.

Do this for each file and you will see the path changing in the list. Once all are changed to the correct path, click on FLASH ROM and it should work. Yo might see a couple of errors as the stick restarts but they correct themselves afterwards. At the end it should say all ok in the log window. Remember to let it sit for about 5 minutes after you flash to make sure everything is working and then connected again to your TV and it should be working fine with the new ROM.

Hope this helps someone from having to dig as hard as I had to.

Thanks Finnless for the ROM!!!, you the man!!!
              Last edited by carlosv72; 09-23-2013, 17:40. Reason: forgot 1 step.

Comment

Well it works

I have just put this ROM on a MK809II somehow lol Experts can have a laugh at this.

I was given it by a friend as it was stuck on the loading "Android" screen. There was no reset button on it put after opening it I found a button mounted vertically about half way down the board. Also printed on the board was MK806V1.0, on the outside it has MK809II stamped on it.

I pressed the button while pluging in, installed the drivers, restarted everything. ROM Flashtool found the device but would not flash as could not find Kernel. So as carlosv72 posted above I clicked on the box to the right in flashtool and selected the Kernel.img and boot720.img in the FinlessROM folder.

I clicked on delete NAND ( which seemed to work ok ) and then on Flash. It failed immediately with an error, I unticked the Loader and tried again and it worked.

Everything seems to be running fine, Play store works, good Wifi signal, Wifi keyboard with mousepad working fine, installed MXplayer and BubbleUPNP and streamed a few movies from my NAS no problem. Haven't got anything Bluetooth so not tried that.

My question to all you experts is....I only corrected the path in the flashtool for kernel and boot, although everything seems to be working fine, I am just wondering do I need to flash again correcting the path to all the other options, or should I just leave well alone.

Comment

Leave it as long all works fine, whatever you have done. :-)

JDfense

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. Everything still seems to working fine, so as the old phrase goes "If it aint broke dont fix it"

Many thanks to everyone involved in this excellent ROM, great work.

Comment

MK809II does not work WiFi and BT.

I have a clone MK809II. Dongle have system 4.2.2. which has been damaged. I have uploaded from this site dedicated Finless ROM. In this version does not work WiFi and BT. As I noted on my motherboard chipset is the AP6210. Does anyone have a rom that will support my wifi and bt?

Comment

I am a newbie. I was wondering if 4.4 ROMs are available for devices like MK809ii
                        ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                          I am a newbie. I was wondering if 4.4 ROMs are available for devices like MK809ii
                          Hello there, No 4.4 yet but im sure it wont be too long away
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                            Hello there, No 4.4 yet but im sure it wont be too long away
                            Thanks. Would love to see how the device performs on 4.4 as only 512MB RAM is enough to run 4.4
                            ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Hi,
                              I've successfully flashed my MK809II with 720p ROM. The device is working fine for 5 days now.

I'm new at this, first time flashing android device. I've used kernel.img and boot720.img from the downloaded FinlessROM package. Can I use boot1080.img with this kernel.img or I need to find the original kernel?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fic123 View Post
                                Hi,
                                I've successfully flashed my MK809II with 720p ROM. The device is working fine for 5 days now.

I'm new at this, first time flashing android device. I've used kernel.img and boot720.img from the downloaded FinlessROM package. Can I use boot1080.img with this kernel.img or I need to find the original kernel?

Thanks
                                The answer for that is in the readme file included with the rom ... it explains which boot image and kernel you use depending on which output you are trying to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X