Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: This is now v1.0a, which incorporates updates to the latest Finless X7 ROM. Just use the same download link below......

I hate to keep sounding like a NASCAR driver at the end of a race by name dropping all of my sponsors and team members...but this has been a HUGE team effort by almost the whole Freaktab Team, and Geekbuying.com.

This is what I call a complete TV Box ROM with all of the bells and whistles!!!!!!

Thanks to Finless for allowing me to port his Minix Neo X7 ROM to the UT1. Basically, this ROM is from the official stock ROM I dumped from my own device...then I added the system from the Finless ROM. Finless edited the kernel for me to allow REAL 1080p resolution.

This ROM is:

Rooted (with latest Superuser)
    4gb user app space
    init.d support
    Google Play Store fixes
    Location Services enabled
    Gameloft Game fix added
    Debloated
    Your choice of 720p or 1080p resolution (depending on which kernel you decide to flash)
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Bootanimation by Tattman65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Your choice of Launchers
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen (it's mainly geared to flashing tablets, but I included it for the driver tutorial)

I'm not sure what features were provided in the stock kernel for Vsync...but I've watched a few movies and mine seems to work fine. Netflix works well. That's about all I've had time for.

One bug that I know of with this system is that USB audio doesn't work. If that is important to you I recommend that you download the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware from this link and use the kernel for it. However, some other things may not work correctly (give and take). K-R42 You need the 1.2.0 kernel.

Here is the link to download the ROM:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 08-30-2013, 01:06.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Good Job, Randy!!!
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks, Eric

I know I'm a tablet guy, but I couldn't resist the urge to put out a rom for this new device. The one you sent me works great...now that I ironed out a few kinks in the firmware.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Works on CX-921

Hey guys, i'am totally new here and new on Android TV Boxes at all.

Yesterday i got a CX-921 like TV Box, bought at http://www.xbmcandroidtv.com.
        I paid a lot too much, but ok. The Box is called "Exoon Power Pro" but it's just a CX-921 with 2GB RAM and 16 GB ROM and a IR Remote unit.
        I was very unhappy with the Stockrom so i tried to install Roms from similar looking boxes with RK3188. Today i flashed your Rom with the 1080p Kernel and everything works, only the IR remote does not work correctly. The remote looks exactly like the one from Ugoos, but only two buttons are recognized from my box, with strange behavior. So what can i do to get the remote working?

This Boxes looks like Exoon Power Pro:

I asked my reseller for the StockRom but i got no answer, yes i didn't do a backup bevor flashing ;-)
        Hope you can help me.
        Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

ROM language

Hi Randy,

Before all, thanks for your help and effort to do this work for all the people around.

I have bought one Ugoos UT1 yesterday and I am waiting for it. Meanwhile, I am reading all I can to learn and install your ROM.

A simple question: is this ROM only in English or also in another one languages, as Spanish? Sorry for this question that reveals my ignorance about this.

Thanks again and best regards,

Comment

The default language is English, however you can go into settings and change it. It is a lot easier to find different languages from English than from Chinese...hahaha!!!!

You can also change the language in the flash tool. I haven't done that, but I think Spanish is in there.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              The default language is English, however you can go into settings and change it. It is a lot easier to find different languages from English than from Chinese...hahaha!!!!

You can also change the language in the flash tool. I haven't done that, but I think Spanish is in there.
              Perfect!!!

Thanks again for your quick respond.

And, by the way, is XBMC included in this ROM or I do have to download and install?

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry, it's not included.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  Sorry, it's not included.
                  Please, no sorries. We have too much to say a big THANKS to you. No complains at all.

I will download and install.

Best regards,

Comment

Jerky video playback and 1080p kernel

Hi again Randy,

I have three questions to clarify (I hope no bother you...)

1.- There is a post about jerky video playback and the fix for it (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...RK3188-devices!)

Did you apply the fix to your ROM or do I have to fix it?

2.- You mention that we have to choose 720p or 1080p kernel? I would like to choose the 1080p but when and how can I do this during the ROM installation? And, which one do you recommend? 720p or 1080p? I would like to watch movies at its real resolution but I do not know if this is related to the movies resolution or the general screen resolution.

3.-Is DTS pass-through via spdif activated? I am going to connect the Ugoos by the optical output to an audio receptor, so, I would like to know if it will work.
                    Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
                    Last edited by marfa; 08-22-2013, 12:30.

Comment

Where can i change IR Device settings

I like this rom very much. My only problem is, that my IR Remote doesn't work with this rom.
                      So how can i copy the settings from my original Stock Rom to your Rom, or is it a Kernel thing?

My original Box is the CX-921, the StockRom you can find here:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Answers to post #10.

I don't know if the video jerk problem exists in this kernel. I haven't noticed it. This firmware might be new enough that it was fixed.

You can select the 1080p kernel in the flash tool by double clicking the box next to the kernel line and browse to the 1080p kernel.

I'm running 1080p. It shrinks all icons and fonts down and gives you more desktop real estate. If I used this to surf the web, though...I would use 720p in order to read it. It depends on how big your tv is.

I don't know about the pass through support. I haven't tried it, nor am I set up to test it.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Answer to post #11

I ported this ROM from the Finless X7 ROM.

Have you tried that one?

I really don't have time today to port your ROM but I can look at it tonight.

Are you flashing my ROM with your kernel? If so, does wifi work? I can try copying the drivers over from your stock ROM.

I couldn't get the IR remote to work on my device right out of the box. I'm using a USB keyboard with a touchpad.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Answer to post #13

Hey Randy, i flashed the "
                            Riley/Finless ROM v1.0", it works out of the box with 720p or 1080p Kernel.
                            I flashed "Finless 1.4 ROM - with FIRST 1080P kernel and vsync fixed", works out of the box two, but without my IR Remote ;-(
                            I didn't used the stock kernel from my box, cause i got the StockRom today.

I'm totally new on Android so i have to read lot about Android and Linux and flashing and so on.

I want to use the box only as a (XBMC) Media Player with 1080p Kernel, cause 720p is a bit unsharp on my TV screen. The CX-921 has a HDMI Output (no SPDIF) so it would be perfect if Dolby and DTS Passthrough would work with XBMC. My reciever has decoding ability. The "Ugoos UT1" Stock Rom is perfect for me, cause i want to use my IR Remote for controlling it and this rom has great big icons ;-)

It would be great if you can cook a 1080p Rom for the CX-921 cause it seems to be the same box as the G-NL47D Box so perhaps there is a second user you can make happy with a better rom ;-)

If anyone is interested, i just got a "Setup Guide" for a working XBMC on this box. Perhaps you can use it on other RK3188 Boxes. Here is the link to the guide:

DONATIONS

Comment

Please send me a link to your stock rom and I will take a look.

It might be a while. I'm having problems with my computer today.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X