Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ibazzi View Post
    Hello there,
    Just compiled 720p and 1080p kernel for UT1 from phjanderson's source repository.
    Installed Riley/Finless ROM with your compiled 1080p kernel. Working perfectly so far. Stock Remote works fine.

Thanks very much to Riley, Finless and ibazzi for all your work in putting this ROM together.

Comment

Originally posted by ibazzi View Post
      In you result, I found "enter" and "return" has the same keycode. Please check them.

And You mentioned
      >> OK/Enter is without funktion.
      Re-check the keycode

>> but no home ( i named it shift ).
      So "shift" is the "HOME" key?

>> Capslock is now on key "1/A/a"
      Is this correct?

>> back is on delete
      Does "back" mean "delete" in your result?
      Hello ibazzi!
      Sorry for my long delay.
      I tried a lot with my EXOON Power Pro Box and gave up a while.

Last Weekend i installed the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware 2.0.2 and it worked very well!! I was able to play 1080p Files nearly perfect, with Dolby and DTS Passthrough. After 30min. my box shut down.

Today i installed the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware 2.0.3 and used the Kernel you compiled for me ( the one with some wrong remote control keys ). I clocked it down to 1.6 GHz and played a 120min. MKV 1080p with DTS sound. YES!! Great. So, perhaps you have some time to fix the wrong buttons and compile a new kernel for the EXOON POWER PRO Stock Remote.

I did all steps again, and wrote down the keynames that keytest gave me with my stock rom, hoping everything is correct now.
      Perhaps it is possible that the Power Button opens the shutdown menu?
      And perhaps the colored funktion keys can have some nice funktions, status bar on/off, fast forward and backward?

Here are the correct layout for the EXOON POWER PRO Stock Remote:

PowerButton d=18e7
      1 - d=2ad5
      2 - d=12ed
      3 - d=e01f
      4 - d=af5
      5 - d=48b7
      6 - d=8877
      7 - d=32cd
      8 - d=708f
      9 - d=b04f
      0 - d=30cf
      SPACE - d=827d
      DEL - d=d22d
      HOME - d=609f
      BACK - d=2fd
      MENU - d=20df
      234 (Aktivate Mouse) - d=e817
      ENTER - d=aa5
      DPAD_LEFT - d=e21d
      DPAD_UP - d=629d
      DPAD_RIGHT - d=a857
      DPAD_DOWN - d=6897
      VOLUME_DOWN - d=28d7
      VOLUME_MUTE - d=10ef
      VOLUME_UP - d=8f7

RED Funktion Button - d=6a95
      Green Funktion Button - d=ea15
      Yellow Funktion Button - d=b807
      Blue Funktion Button - d=da25

EXOONs website says, the DDR RAM has 2GB with 1333MHz, can that be true, cause your kernel name says 720Mhz. Is there a tool to read GPU and RAM Frequency?

Keep on the good work!!
      walter77
      Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Thanks for your work, I tested the ROM and I think there are two problems suddenly stops when I run a movie and 1080 kernel is jittering video
        Minix Neo X7
        Tronsmart MK908

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
          Hello ibazzi!
          Sorry for my long delay.
          I tried a lot with my EXOON Power Pro Box and gave up a while.

Last Weekend i installed the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware 2.0.2 and it worked very well!! I was able to play 1080p Files nearly perfect, with Dolby and DTS Passthrough. After 30min. my box shut down.

Today i installed the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware 2.0.3 and used the Kernel you compiled for me ( the one with some wrong remote control keys ). I clocked it down to 1.6 GHz and played a 120min. MKV 1080p with DTS sound. YES!! Great. So, perhaps you have some time to fix the wrong buttons and compile a new kernel for the EXOON POWER PRO Stock Remote.

walter77

Hi there Walter. Im torn between picking up a Mele A1000G ( quad core / 2Gb Ram / Sata port on top ) and the CX-921. Ive been doing some homework and found that the Rockchip 3188 in the CX-921 has more ROM options available ( Much like this one ) and is easier to root / modify. The Allwinner A31 in the Mele box is supposed to be better cpu/gpu wise, has a native SATA port on top , and supposedly draws a max of 5 Watts.

My question to you is when paired with this rom, how stable does it feel? Im going to be using it as a low power server solution and I will have to leave it on 24/7. Currently I am using a core2quad intel system with 8Gb ram but it is a power hog. Im only running a simple web server, dynamic DNS, FTP , SSH , torrent, and maybe vpn ( when its available ). I saw that you had it running under load ( 1080P playback ) for 120 minutes but it crashed after 30 on the other kernel. Stability is a must.

I appreciate any and all input even in terms of ideas for something other than the melee A1000G or CX-921 provided they are along the same price range and power draw.

Comment

AW: Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

I think this will no problem what you want. Put Linux on the stick and you can use it like you want.
            May you want to overclock to 2GHz this can be done with a good CPU cooler without fan. The CPU itself will not run on 2 GHz the home time.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

Yes, but lan speed on my cx-921 is about 6MB/s max! I tested many kernels, no big differences. For streaming movies over lan, it's ok.
              So i don't know if you need fast file transfer, if not, you can buy any rk3188 device with wired lan. With 720p stock kernel, i had no problems at all. Perhaps there are some gigabit lan devices on the market that better fits your needs?

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Yes, but lan speed on my cx-921 is about 6MB/s max! I tested many kernels, no big differences. For streaming movies over lan, it's ok.
                So i don't know if you need fast file transfer, if not, you can buy any rk3188 device with wired lan. With 720p stock kernel, i had no problems at all. Perhaps there are some gigabit lan devices on the market that better fits your needs?

I did look unfortunately. Were your Wireless lan speeds only 6Mbps or was it the wired lan you tested? I saw that the CX921 did have a wired lan port on it as well. I see some other gigabit usb to lan adapters and one says linux support so I may be stuck going that route if the wired speeds are only 6Mbps.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

Sorry, i mean 6-7 MB/s over wired lan. I copied some big files over smb lan to cx-921.
                  On the same cable my intel core 2 duo media pc with gigabit lan, exceeds 70MB/s!
                  I'm using a Synology Nasdrive as a fileserver. USB Ethernet could be better, but don't expect more than 20MB/s because of USB2 data limit.

DONATIONS

Comment

Sorry, i mean 6-7 MB/s over wired lan. I copied some big files over smb lan to cx-921.
                    On the same cable my intel core 2 duo media pc with gigabit lan, exceeds 70MB/s!
                    I'm using a Synology Nasdrive as a fileserver. USB Ethernet could be better, but don't expect more than 20MB/s because of USB2 data limit.

Much appreciated. It looks like im stuck doing more research. Id love to replace my home server with an android solution, but, data speeds are the most important as I use SSH daily to create a socks 5 proxy here at work. We use iPrizm firewalls here that prevent access to everything, and they cant just unblock me as a user easily.... I think 6/8 Mbps may be extremely too limited for my needs. It must be the network hardware in the CX921. Looks like I have to look at other solutions :/ I dont think its the Rk3188 limiting network traffic so Im hoping to find another box with better hardware in it. Back to the drawing board ugh.

Thank you for the info!

Comment

I need your help.

I'm a beginner.
                      I bought a ugoos ut1, and I use it that is already rooted.
                      Before it was rooted, I could watch Hulu plus, but I cannot watch Hulu plus after it was rooted.
                      Could anyone please tell me how to watch Hulu plus after it was rooted?

Comment

Re: Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

There is an app called Xposed Framework on XDA. Just Google it with the word Hulu. There are a bunch of modules that might work to fix your problem.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk 2
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          There is an app called Xposed Framework on XDA. Just Google it with the word   Hulu. There are a bunch of modules that might work to fix your problem.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk 2
                          Randy, Thank you for your answer.

I installed Xposed Framework, but I do not know what I need mods.
                          Please recommend me what I need mods or apps.

Comment

Just Google "Xposed Framework Hulu" there are some modules other's have made to fix the Hulu problem.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

OK. If have a similar setup and needs. I want to use XBMC to show my video library and play all my movies with passthrough audio. Digital audio with passthrough does not worked for me in XBMC. I've learned, that it's the best solution, to use MX Player as the videoplayer. To use MX player toghether with XBMC, it needs some settings. I did the folling things:

1. Clean install new working rom
                              2. Install MX Player from the market, start it, go to settings and aktivate HW+, deaktivate all other HW+ options (like LAN and so on)!
                              3. Close MX Player
                              4. Install XBMC XAF from the link a gave you, start XBMC and wait for updating everything, don't change any settings!!, exept language.
                              5. Setup your video files in XBMC under Video/files/Add Videos/Browse/UPnP Devices!!!
                              6. If not aktivatet in your Synology station, aktivate Media Server and put your Video Folders to the Media Indexing Service
                              7. Now if activated in your Synology Diskstation, you should see your Synology Server under UPnP in XBMC, choose your Video Folder, press OK, give it a name, DONE!
                              8. Now choose a video to play. MX Player should open and play the video with Passthrough Audio, if activated in audio Settings in the Android sound settings!

P.S. For me Audio Passthrough only worked with the MINIX X7 finlees ROM 1.5a and my own specific kernel.
                              Hi Walter,

I tried to duplicate these exact steps in order to get DD/DTS passthrough via XBMC but couldnt get it to work. From your post it seems that merely installing MX-player, activate HW+ and install XBMC XAF, XBMC should use MX-player as default player? is there any way to check this? To me it doesnt seem another player is selected (still the same OSD). I tried the above steps, but playing a DTS .mkv still outputs 2.0 stereo sound (and in the audio option output 'analog' is selected). Changing this to HDMI gives that terrible static sound. (i used the Ugoos_UT1_RileyFinlessROM_v1.0a, since the Neo X7 finless ROM made both my remotes useless). Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by stefjnl View Post
                                Hi Walter,

I tried to duplicate these exact steps in order to get DD/DTS passthrough via XBMC but couldnt get it to work. From your post it seems that merely installing MX-player, activate HW+ and install XBMC XAF, XBMC should use MX-player as default player? is there any way to check this? To me it doesnt seem another player is selected (still the same OSD). I tried the above steps, but playing a DTS .mkv still outputs 2.0 stereo sound (and in the audio option output 'analog' is selected). Changing this to HDMI gives that terrible static sound. (i used the Ugoos_UT1_RileyFinlessROM_v1.0a, since the Neo X7 finless ROM made both my remotes useless). Any help would be appreciated!
                                Rileys Rom didn't worked for me with audio passthrough. On my device i tested lewys 2.0.4 rom and finless 1.6 Minix ROM with my original kernel for my device, so that remote is working. So just try it that way.

Try this rom:
                                ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.6 ROM (328 megs)

and just change the kernel to the one from UT1 Riley/Finless ROM. 720p kernel should work.

And yes, XBMC XAF will use XM Player as external player if installed. External player works only with UPnP in XBMC, SMB will not work with external players at the moment.

You have to activate SPDIF or HDMI Passthrough in android system settings. If HW+ is activated in MX Player, Audio Passthrough will not work!

DONATIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X