• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-921 Stock Rom for Randy

Hey Randy,
    here is the link to my Stock Rom:

CX-921_StockRom_no_bluetooth.img
    (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-921-Stock-Rom)

Is it possible to implement bluetooth with an additional USB bluetooth stick that i can buy?
    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Ugoos UT1 Riley/Finless ROM v1.0 [Feedback]

It's possible, but I haven't learned how to do that. It requires specific drivers for the particular Bluetooth dongle you get.

As posted above, I'm a tablet guy, so this advanced stuff will take a while.

At the moment, I'm dead in the water...because my brand new (two week old) laptop I use for ROMs won't even power up. So give me a chance to get going again, and I will try to help.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Answers to post #10.

I don't know if the video jerk problem exists in this kernel. I haven't noticed it. This firmware might be new enough that it was fixed.

You can select the 1080p kernel in the flash tool by double clicking the box next to the kernel line and browse to the 1080p kernel.

I'm running 1080p. It shrinks all icons and fonts down and gives you more desktop real estate. If I used this to surf the web, though...I would use 720p in order to read it. It depends on how big your tv is.

I don't know about the pass through support. I haven't tried it, nor am I set up to test it.

Randy
        Thank you very much Randy for your answers.

I will test if all works.

Great work,

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          It's possible, but I haven't learned how to do that. It requires specific drivers for the particular Bluetooth dongle you get.

As posted above, I'm a tablet guy, so this advanced stuff will take a while.

At the moment, I'm dead in the water...because my brand new (two week old) laptop I use for ROMs won't even power up. So give me a chance to get going again, and I will try to help.

Randy
          Thank you Randy for your answer and your help. I'm totally sorry for you, but i'm a PC and Mac guru ;-) So if i can help you, let me know.

Just some more short questions. Do you know, where i can change the mapping for the remote. Where can i find the settings for the remote in the directory? Perhaps i can simply copy the settings from my stock rom to your rom?

What tools do i need to extract an Image. Do i need Linux for that?
          Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Just flashed the ROM, it's really nice.

Then I flashed the K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.2.2 by lewy20041.

I found it can overclock the cpu to 1.8GHZ.
            But IR remote didn't work and radom MAC address.
            Would you like to add the overclock feature to the UT1 kernel?

Furthermore, the performance of K-R42 Hybrid Firmware is really amazing when using XBMC.

There is no lag anymore when scolling menus, playback videos.

Is there any possible to port the kernel to UT1?

Or we need to setup a linux kernel source for UT1, and do some performance improvement, and compile it.

Best regards.
            Last edited by ibazzi; 08-23-2013, 09:39.

Comment

I will check with Lewy.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Minix X7 Finless 1.5a

Hi Randy,

Are you planning to update your ROM to the last Finless one 1.5a for Minix X7?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Yes, hopefully in the next few days.

Finless is playing around with the kernel on this device...so if I get some new kernels...I will update the system.img with Bob's tweaks.

It is quite a process to port all of this...and I lost everything when my Brand New Laptop crashed the other day. So, I'll have to set some time aside to start from scratch on this project. Much of the time was spent learning, so it shouldn't take very long once I remember what I did. My replacement laptop should arrive in a few days.....
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Ok, good to know. Thanks for all this help. You are really doing an impressive work.

By the way, technical question: is this ROM (the 1.0 and nexts) based on SDK 2.0?

Best regards,

Comment

Honestly, I haven't even looked. I don't usually pay much attention to that stuff...

I only care about performance and functionality.

I will take a look the next time I'm digging around in the build.prop. If anyone else knows, please chime in!!!
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I have asked that because of this comment about:

"What’s also of interest is the high 1.8GHz clock speed, which should see the UT1 garner some impressive benchmark performances. That said, we’re unsure where the UT1 features the new SDK2.0 kernel compilation released by Rockchip a couple of months ago. The new SDK2.0 release is said to greatly improve video playback and the speed of other features within the chip.".

http://minipute.com/2013/08/22/ugoos-ut1-mini-pc-packs-quad-core-cpu-into-aluminium-case/2995

If this is true, so, improves video playback and speed, could be interesting to know if the ROM is based on SDK 2.0.

Regards,

Comment

Minix X7 ROM SDK 2.0

Hi Randy,

In case it could be interesting for you, there is a new ROM for Minix X7 based in SDK 2.0 and the comments about the video playback and results are very positive.

This is thread:

Best regards

Comment

I'm hoping Finless will get the kernels done with the vsync fix and a new ROM from that x7 firmware. I'll try porting to this box when I get those.

Thanks for the info!!!!

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

All the thanks to you for the great work done.

Best regards,

Comment

I have updated the ROM to 1.0a, based on the update/corrections made to the X7 ROM by Finless.

I will change the links as soon as the file is uploaded.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X