No announcement yet.

Overclocked RK3288 kernels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, is there a unlocked kernel for a Pipo P4? P4 is alread fast and smooth, i wonder if unlocking its kernels will totally smoothen the edges and make this unit run totally lag free?
    M8pro
    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

I don't think that there are unlocked p4 kernels. I haven't found any unlocked pipo kernels nor kernel sources.

You cannot compile and run vanilla android kernel on pipo. There is something proprietary about how they pack and compress their kernels.

The overclockmatic script doesn't work, however, you might be able to at least overclock RAM and GPU (possibly VPU?) if you use burs' tools to unpack the dts from the resource image and modify it.

Cheers,
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Hello everyone,

I own a CS928 for some weeks now and changed the rediculour heatsink to something better. There isn't lot of space, but i replaced it with a piece of laptop cooler without the fan, full copper, and it's working.

I see this topic and just wonder how can i change the GPU and RAM frequency of my box? The firmware is this one : http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_10.html

I have read all this topic without understanding exactly what to do/change and without finding out if it's even possible on my box and kernel.

I just want 600Mhz on the GPU and a little OC on the ram. Also a don't know what are the stock frequencies, the CPU seems to be set at 1.8 (1.7 when all cores are in use) so i think GPU is at 500Mhz and i don't know about the ram.

If needed i can post a picture of the board witch is an HTC board.

Thank for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinfalcon View Post

I just want 600Mhz on the GPU and a little OC on the ram. Also a don't know what are the stock frequencies, the CPU seems to be set at 1.8 (1.7 when all cores are in use) so i think GPU is at 500Mhz and i don't know about the ram.
          It would be best if you could manage to use Overclockmatic_RK3288 command line tool.
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
          bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
            It would be best if you could manage to use Overclockmatic_RK3288 command line tool.
            Hello Gormar and thank for your answer!

After hours finding out that i need to change autorizations on /data to see /data/local, i fanally manage to use your tool and understand how to use it. So, my box has a modified cooling, but since there is very small space, i use a thin cooper plate with the heatpipe cut from a brocken laptop plus a memory pad on the ram. I finally manage to run the box from stock to 1920Mhz for the CPU, 625Mhz for the GPU and 600 for the ram and the performance bumped a lot, from 38k to 47k in antutu and nearly 9k in 3dmark extrem.

i don't know if your script work on android 5.1, but since i didn't found yet a fully fonctionnal rom (including all USB and camera), it's not really a problem.

So, good job pointing me out to your tool!

Comment

Will this kernel work on the new Asus Tinker board for more speed? Here's hoping....

Comment

There is no need to use kernel and resource from another device on RK3288 boards (and any using Device Tree Blob). Get Overclockmatic_RK3288 tool and change settings in resource associated with your device kernel.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Great... wasnt aware of that tool.. Will it work under the Debian OS that Tinkerboard offers (so far, I expect Android will soon follow)..???

Comment

It should work under any OS which support ELF executable format on ARMv7 CPU (with runtime address randomization starting from 1.0.7 version). It doesn't use any external libraries. Besides there is also source code available.

Comment

Working...
                    X