• Show
Clear All

no games, just watching movies, I have my beast PC for games

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S5

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
      no games, just watching movies, I have my beast PC for games

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S5
      lol then you no need to choose locked freq only, because for movies playback, cpu using not more than 600-800Mhz usually, i think (i can be wrong but devices have hw acceleration for it and most work go to Mali). Let wait Sam finishing his testing and upload kernels

Comment

FireFly 2.208

@Eugene

Have been running for about 2 weeks at 2.208 with no problems. Running with fan and heatsink with no temperatures ever above 55C (Internal Temp checked by external thermal couple) results never more than 4C difference. Stress tests ran (Antutu and SetCPU) with no errors. I have seen no 45000 antutu scores but 42000 seen on my overclock with basically the same numbers which have been posted here, which comes to my questions.

1) Would it be possible to contact Ugoos-Sam to see if he could possibly steer me in what changes he has made, I am always behind on my o/c results than other individuals.

2) Is the CPU blocked to not be able to run the magic 2.304 frequency. I just can not find any way to hit that magic Intel I-5 number.

--cappybob

Comment

2.376 MHZ

Seem to have found the highest configurable cpu setting, which is 2.376 MHZ. I have the cpu voltage set now at 1.5uv. Stress tests seem to run flawlessly and with heat-sink and fan seeing no temps higher than 55 C. Now that I have figured this out, how does one tweak the rest for DDR has the ability to hit a max of 2134MHZ max with a push from a built in performance mode of 324MHZ. The GPU 600 rated with 700 Max and I have max set to 744 which I have seen in several o/c builds.

CPU set at 2.304 MHZ---1.5 uv (voltage code changed +.1 uv)
          GPU set at 744 MHZ---1.5 uv max
          DDR set at 800(1600MHZ) w/step to (1934 MHZ)---1.5uv max

Antutu 41700---HELP--- I should see 45000 to 47000

----cappybob

Comment

coppybob,
            I think that you could have hit anti OC RK kernel wall. Did you confirm that CPU voltage is set as 1,5V when CPU frequency set to 2,3GHz?
            Check: "cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/name". If it is "vdd_arm" then read voltage set by that regulator: "cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/microvolts".
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
            bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
              coppybob,
              I think that you could have hit anti OC RK kernel wall. Did you confirm that CPU voltage is set as 1,5V when CPU frequency set to 2,3GHz?
              Check: "cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/name". If it is "vdd_arm" then read voltage set by that regulator: "cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/microvolts".
              Everything with 2.304 set for performance says vdd_arm @ 1.50uv. THANK YOU for the lesson, looks like a helpful link to check coding changes.

---cappybob

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                I think that you could have hit anti OC RK kernel wall.
                Originally posted by cappybob View Post
                Antutu 41700---HELP--- I should see 45000 to 47000
                Hi all
                Default Rockchip kernel have internal lock on ~1870 MHz. You can set any speed (2.0, 2.1, 2.2 GHz), it will show this speed but will work not higher than lock speed
                To overclock to 2208 just need increase this lock to 2210 for example.
                Overclock higher 2208 a little difficult and much unsafe, because 2208 its highest frequncy in cpu PLL table. So, first need add values in table with step 24MHz, then increase lock.
                I got 2.4 GHz one time, but unable to make screenshot (my device work unstable). I return 2.2 and made it. But it cant be proof

Now i have problems with HDMI

Comment

Thanks Ugoos_Sam, No need of proof needed. Looking to build another kernel today, have made too many changes to too many files. So downloading new set of files today and starting over new. Thanks for the help..

---cappbob

Comment

Overclocked RK3288 kernels

I have built an unlocked kernel. I'll upload later when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

are you guys working from the latest Ugoos kernel, would love to be able to flash this on top of their current ROM build

Comment

oops, thought this was that thread, makes sense

Comment

At the current time, the only parameters for the rk3288 chips seem to be the chip itself and the wifi/Bluetooth chip of ap6335 and I believe ONE other wifi/Bluetooth chip set for the entire rk3288 chip line for all rk3288 devices.

--cappybob

Comment

Originally posted by Steveboroughs View Post
                            are you guys working from the latest Ugoos kernel, would love to be able to flash this on top of their current ROM build
                            I'm using Firefly
                            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

@d33 (EDITED)
                              Currently running the v-800 kernel and resource from d33 on my Firefly in Android. Running at a true broken 1.999MHZ. Great, smooth running android firefly.

---cappybob
                              Last edited by cappybob; 01-05-2015, 00:35.

Comment

Hi all
                                Overclocked kernel from ugoos team is available now

HERE

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X