Overclocked RK3288 kernels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabnk View Post
    Your RAM is GOOD. Mine can't even exceed 500Mhz.
    Yeah, lucky us, HPH owners The manufacturer is Hynix.
    They always had good chip quality from my past experience.
    NAND chip is Samsung's if I recall correctly, also a quality chip.
    Now I don't regret spending extra bucks for the higher grade components

Is it my DDR RAM issue or Frequency is Capped by Kernel DVFS ?
    I would take a peek at dmesg. There should be a mention of highest clock for DDR. If it's set to 500Mhz, then it is limited by the kernel, and most likely with a reason (lower grade chip). I had a similar case in the past. Others with the same tablet could push some frequencies much higher than me.

I'm put smaller 80 mm FAN by placing it under it and drawing hot air away.
    I'm always for solutions when hot air is sucked out from the case (with top or bottom cover off). Blowing outside air into the case will certainly help, but won't be as effective. You can take a look at my custom cooling system here. I even enhanced it lately with my custom case too, so now it also has ventilation holes at bottom, and the air flow is much better this way. I'll upload new pictures when I find some time.

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    Yeah, I want a better heatsink too, but I'm not sure how strong the adhesive is holding it to the CPU. I don't want to damage the chip attempting the HS's removal.
    Just heat up the CPU without a fan (with AnTuTu stability test, or similar burning/stability tools), and carefully rotate the heatsink left and right. After a few twists, it should easily fall off. If not, then it's ideal time to change the thermal paste too

Comment

Another attempt to increase the DDR RAM Freq and manage to reach it MAXIMUM DDR3 of [email protected]. Definitely, the MAX already. Mission Done and no more tweaking. Time to play game/media on my TV Box.

Comment

Btw, before over-clocking my TV BOX was always having audio/video out of sync issue when using Kodi Player and after overclocked (Both CPU and GPU) the TV Box still has audio/video out of sync problem.

Doesn't over clock help the Kodi Player ?

Comment

What box you have running smoothly on all mine spmc flawless as well?
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I'm can use MX Player (It play perfectly) but no DLNA support.

Originally posted by mo123
            No, it doesn't.
            Only an updated Kodi app will help Kodi.

Comment

Doesn't over clock help the Kodi Player ?
              OC can't resolve software issues. A/V out of sync isn't caused by slow CPU or GPU/VPU.
              I've got similar problem with Open Hour Cameleon v1.11 firmware and Wasser 2.0.5-1 kernel. Only MX Player in HW+ mode resolve this issue but on the other hand it causes micro stutters in video .
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Same, but I'm use MX Player in HW (without the + plus ) and it work almost perfectly without stutter on 4K video.

On other hands, if I use HW+ mode than 4K video will stutter badly and sometime it hang there.

Too bad, MX Player doesn't support DLNA natively.

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                OC can't resolve software issues. A/V out of sync isn't caused by slow CPU or GPU/VPU.
                I've got similar problem with Open Hour Cameleon v1.11 firmware and Wasser 2.0.5-1 kernel. Only MX Player in HW+ mode resolve this issue but on the other hand it causes micro stutters in video .

Comment

What box are you guys using that you are having all these issues with playback? I'm just using a ubox r89 and haven't had any issues like that. Using mo123 v1.3

Audio out of sync only one time, but it was a bad stream. Tried another stream and was fine. Never overclocked or anything.

Cheers,
                  -SB
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                  RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

For thos having video or sync issues

As stated elsewhere, SPMC is optimized for the RK3288. Does it offer no improvement over Kodi on your RK3288 boxes?

Comment

I use SPMC, but it sounds like you guys are using 4k and possibly h265, which so far i haven't really needed yet.

Since I got my r89, I hardly ever download anything. So much easier to stream whatever it is I want to watch. Granted the quality isn't 4k on my bandwidth, but so much faster than downloading torrents Guess I'm lazy.

Cheers,
                      -SB
                      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Latest Kodi 14.1 and SPMC are both audio out of sync on my TV BOX. Even a simple 1080p H.264 MKV file from a Local USB/Network.

Comment

Look like some of our firmware got problem with XBMC.

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                          What box are you guys using that you are having all these issues with playback? I'm just using a ubox r89 and haven't had any issues like that. Using mo123 v1.3

Audio out of sync only one time, but it was a bad stream. Tried another stream and was fine. Never overclocked or anything.

Cheers,
                          -SB

Comment

@d33
                            Just being curious, how far apart are the kernel sources you're working from and the ugoos overclock that is being worked on? It seems that they have recently moved up to a newer kernel version.

Do you know if either one can be compiled with kvm support?
                            Thanks!
                            -SB

Comment

How your progress on VPU overclock ?

Originally posted by mo123
                              Only overclocking the VPU will help with 4K video playback.
                              In my new ROM it will be overclocked to 600M.

Comment

I'm tried this http://4ksamples.com/skyfall-4k-uhd-trailer video on Kodi/SPMC/Stock XBMC and always audio not lips sync on my TV BOX.

Do someone have this problem with above video on XBMC ?

Comment

Working...
                                X