Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked R89 device SOLVED !!!!!!

Mates,

I installed mo123 rom to my Beelink r89. But it bricked my r89. It stay in the boot animation. What can i do to unbrick it ? My pc couldnt detect my beelink anymore.
    Last edited by racerant; 11-26-2014, 22:20.

Originally posted by racerant View Post
    Mates,

I installed mo123 rom to my Beelink r89. But it bricked my r89. It stay in the boot animation. What can i do to unbrick it ? My pc couldnt detect my beelink anymore.
    You are not bricked.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I'm not really sure what's going on because before flashing your pc detect the device but after flashing mo123 rom not...

Maybe you should use the latest driver (4.1.1)
      Originally posted by oman View Post
      Tools Release:

====20141017=====
      Downlod Here:

RK3288_FactoryTool1.35_driver4.1.1

===============

====20140824=====
      Downlod Here:
      1.Release_DriverAssitant
      2.AndroidTool_Release_v2.3
      3.FactoryTool_v1.33
      ===========

1.Release_DriverAssitant
      Install drivers for tools,it's easy to install and uninstall.
      Install ADB drivers too.
      It's better to uninstall the previous drivers first,then install the new one.
      Support xp/win7/win8.

:
      And after that try to bring it back via maskrom mode (also to connect to your PC)...
      Here you can find which holes you have to bridge to bring your device into maskrom mode which I hope will also helps to connect it to your PC:
      Originally posted by oman View Post
      :
      If you cant update by the above instructions,look at the following:

Open the Box,and use some metal to connect two holes,like this:

Plug in the PSU and OTG cable,then in the tool:
      Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      :
      To un-brick the box the box, have to get into the "mask" mode, R89 made it easy by installing two teeny, tinny holes to short something that makes it work.
      :
      I then connected the micro usb connector into the R89, depressed the reset button (inside the AV hole) and connected the power. Eurka, flash tool said I was in "mask" mode (whatever that is). Anyway I also found out that all I had to do was click the 'resetDevice" button. Removed the jumper pulled the power plug and when I replaced the plug I was able to flash Finless's rom again.
      :
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        I'm not really sure what's going on because before flashing your pc detect the device but after flashing mo123 rom not...

Maybe you should use the latest driver (4.1.1)

And after that try to bring it back via maskrom mode (also to connect to your PC)...
        Here you can find which holes you have to bridge to bring your device into maskrom mode which I hope will also helps to connect it to your PC:
        Since he is at the flash screen, all he has to do is load the correct img file on the micro sd card, and while still connected to the TV get to the recovery menu. Once he is in the recovery menu he can install from the sd card. I know you can get him working again.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Since he is at the flash screen, all he has to do is load the correct img file on the micro sd card, and while still connected to the TV get to the recovery menu. Once he is in the recovery menu he can install from the sd card. I know you can get him working again.
          OH, handle with care !!!
          I don't know with which version it works if you rename it because I know with newer versions at tronsmart you will also brick it using this way !!!
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Many thanks i will try these options.

@Clarkss12

how i can access to the recovery mode while device booting ? I tried to copy 107k4 as update.img to sd card but device couldnt detect it.

Comment

Many thanks i will try these options.

@Clarkss12

how i can access to the recovery mode while device booting ? I tried to copy 107k4 as update.img to sd card but device couldnt detect it.
              Inside the A/V hole, there is a micro switch (you can't see it) reset button. I use a round tooth pick with the tip cut off just to give a little more of a blunt end to insert into the A/V hole.

Box is still connected to the TV and at the splash screen

1. Remove power plug from box.
              2. Insert tooth pic into A/V hole, gently push on the pick until you "feel" the click.
              3. Connect the power plug while still depressing the reset button with the tooth pick.
              4. The recovery screen will pop up. Remove the tooth pick.
              The list will probably be cascading up and down, just wait about a minute until it settles down.
              5. Select option to update from img file, using your remote.
              6. The little green man will show up and start loading your new rom.

You should be back to the rom you are installing.

Comment

Hi fellows,

Here is the last situation

First, i entered to the maskrom mode and tried to reset device from the 3th tab "ResetDevice" then
                reboot. But there was no response from the device and no boot animation

Then,
                Entered to maskrom mode again. Loaded RK3288Loader_uboot_Apr212014_134842.bin to the device
                i can get boot animation now, but still cannot acccess to the recovery menĂ¼ via A/V hole swich

I stuck at this point. What i can do furthermore ?

Comment

Why do you do it this complicated away?
                  MASK MODE -> flash all-in-on IMG (via rktools 2.3 at second tab with [Upgrade])...

But now you are also able to flash the all-in-on IMG via rktools 2.3 at second tab but first connect it via OTG to the PC and before power on you have to use the tooth-pick at the a/v (also during power on) till rktools 2.3 recognize it at 'loader mode'...

BTW: if you only flash the bootloader at/after MASK MODE no recovery exists, so you can't boot to recovery (also every other 'partition' doesn't exist)...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Ok i tried to flash 107k4.img file from the 2. Tab with upgrade command in maskrom mode.

Its giving a "prepare idb fail"

Any suggestion ?

Comment

Ok i tried to flash 107k4.img file from the 2. Tab with upgrade command in maskrom mode.

Its giving a "prepare idb fail"

Any suggestion ?
                      How are you getting into the "mask" mode?

Comment

I by-pass two holes with paperclip as mentioned in the instruction, push the switch in the A/V mode, power-on my device and enter to the maskrom mode. Should i remove the paperclips before i try to load firmware img file ?

Comment

I by-pass two holes with paperclip as mentioned in the instruction, push the switch in the A/V mode, power-on my device and enter to the maskrom mode. Should i remove the paperclips before i try to load firmware img file ?
                          After you get into "mask" mode, and click on the "ResetDevice" button on your AndroidTool screen, remove the paperclip and remove the power plug. When you reconnect your box to the computer, it should now say device found and you can install the firmware.

Comment

Solved

Dear my friends,

I have solved my problem. Your suggestions helped me a lot. Many Thanks no_spam and Clarkss12 !!!!

Ok i solved my issue with the following method :

1) I have connected my device with OTG port to the PC
                            2) I by-passed two holes one the pcb with paperclips,
                            3) Pressed reset switch in the A/V hole
                            4) Power on my device and entered maskrom mode.
                            5) Run the Android Tool select "advanced function tab"
                            6) Select "RK3288Loader_uboot_Apr212014_134842.bin" and hit "download" button and wait to be finished
                            7) Then, select "resetdevice" from the "advanced function" tab
                            8) Keep reset switch in the A/V hole pressed but remove paperlicps from the pcb (two holes).
                            9) From the "Upgrade firmware" tab select stock rom and click upgrade.

Wohhooo

Comment

Dear my friends,

I have solved my problem. Your suggestions helped me a lot. Many Thanks no_spam and Clarkss12 !!!!

Ok i solved my issue with the following method :

1) I have connected my device with OTG port to the PC
                              2) I by-passed two holes one the pcb with paperclips,
                              3) Pressed reset switch in the A/V hole
                              4) Power on my device and entered maskrom mode.
                              5) Run the Android Tool select "advanced function tab"
                              6) Select "RK3288Loader_uboot_Apr212014_134842.bin" and hit "download" button and wait to be finished
                              7) Then, select "resetdevice" from the "advanced function" tab
                              8) Keep reset switch in the A/V hole pressed but remove paperlicps from the pcb (two holes).
                              9) From the "Upgrade firmware" tab select stock rom and click upgrade.

Wohhooo
                              Excellent....

Comment

Working...
                              X