X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beelink R89/UBOX ROM/Tools release

Originally posted by ICU View Post
    Not sure but I know lexar 64gb SDXC class 10 works.
    Sandisk ultra class 10 64gb also working here

Comment

BTW I formated a 64gb micro SD card fat32 and the r89 sees it 59.6 GB available. Not sure why its advertised as only taking up to a 32gb micro sd.?
      That is good info, but what do you put on that large micro SD card??
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I've got asphalt 8, mc4 and 5, need for speed most wanted, GTA San andreas, beach buggy blitz and snes9x emulator with a bunch of SNES ROMs. I used a program called folder mount to do it. I got a few movies on there as well. I've never run out of app space.

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        That is good info, but what do you put on that large micro SD card??
        The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

I've got asphalt 8, mc4 and 5, need for speed most wanted, GTA San andreas, beach buggy blitz and snes9x emulator with a bunch of SNES ROMs. I used a program called folder mount to do it. I got a few movies on there as well. I've never run out of app space.
          Ok, thanks for the info.

Also, I just tried the Firefly ubuntu from Nov. 11, still hangs at Firefly splash screen. Downloading the ubuntu from Sept. 29, and will try that one....
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Well, I found out that the ubuntu does indeed kill my R89. I down loaded the Sept. 29 ubuntu and when I tried to install it, I got IDB fault again. GRRRRRRRRR. now back to those dang teeny tinny shorting holes again. One of these days my luck is going to run out...

Edit, now I know how to bring back my R89 to life. It has probably been discussed many times, but since I never ran into this problem, it went right over my head.

To un-brick the box the box, have to get into the "mask" mode, R89 made it easy by installing two teeny, tinny holes to short something that makes it work. I made a jumper by using a piece of old speaker wire, since it was too large in diameter, I cut most of the strands off, leaving a very small amount of strands. Ok, but, the wires just "flared when trying to get them into those teeny, tinny holes. Since I used to be an electrician and did a lot of board work back in the olden days, I knew how to solder and tin the leads. I dug through my junk pile and found one of my ole soldering irons and some solder paste and solder. I tinned the ends of the wire to make the stiff but still very small in diameter.

Even with my failing eyesight, and a trusty magnifying glass I was able to stick the wire I had made into the holes. I then connected the micro usb connector into the R89, depressed the reset button (inside the AV hole) and connected the power. Eurka, flash tool said I was in "mask" mode (whatever that is). Anyway I also found out that all I had to do was click the 'resetDevice" button. Removed the jumper pulled the power plug and when I replaced the plug I was able to flash Finless's rom again.

I think I will wait until some else gets ubuntu running on their RK3288 box.
            Last edited by clarkss12; 11-13-2014, 22:50.

Comment

Do you have any ETA on the 111K ROM Oman? How is the progress on getting passthrough to work?

Comment

@oman
                Would you like to update post #1 to the new fw release (110k4) and because of the new bootloader, there also exists a new driver package (I know it but can't find out where at the other threads )...

EDIT:
                OK, the newer drivers at post #2 I didn't saw (my mistake )
                Originally posted by oman View Post
                Tools Release:

====20141017=====
                Downlod Here:

RK3288_FactoryTool1.35_driver4.1.1

===============
                BUT missing 110k4 at post #1
                Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 11-22-2014, 16:10.
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  @oman
                  Would you like to update post #1 to the new fw release (110k4) and because of the new bootloader, there also exists a new driver package (I know it but can't find out where at the other threads )...
                  What new Firmware ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                    What new Firmware ?!?
                    no, no, I only talk about the 110K because I only find 108k at post #1 and specially the new tool and driver set which he posted somewhere at the deep at the threads at this sub-forum
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

when does 111k4 come?

Comment

Originally posted by Yusi View Post
                        when does 111k4 come?
                        I'm wondering that too... My Ugoos UT3 has newer and better stock rom than my Beelink...

Comment

Originally posted by racerant View Post
                          I'm wondering that too... My Ugoos UT3 has newer and better stock rom than my Beelink...
                          We are testing our new 111k4 ROM, but we share the sdk to wasser and leolas,you can take a look at wasser's ROM.
                          Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                            We are testing our new 111k4 ROM, but we share the sdk to wasser and leolas,you can take a look at wasser's ROM.
                            Have you got passthrough to work with XBMC in the new 111k4 rom?

Comment

Yes please, we need working passthrough...

Comment

As you know, XBMC already has some problems. The only options is the mx player and HW mode which is not working in Wasser rom. Purchase 4K HEVC hardware but use it in SW mode ??? its pathetic...

Beelink and Tronsmart stock roms arent up to date. Beelink guys sould give more priority to their stock roms. 110k4 has lots of mising items and hiccup issue. Tronsmart users have same feedbacks.

I'm not happy with the 110k4.

I Think i will keep my UT3 and kick-out my beelink r89.

Comment

Working...
                                X