• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Receiver Customization

Hi Oman,

If possible, could you please make it so that the contents of
    kernel/drivers/input/remotectl/rk_pwm_remotectl.c
    is editable in user space, or just publish the kernel source? I'd love to be able to program any IR remote of my choice, instead of having to resort to an RF/Bluetooth solution.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fofov; 02-22-2015, 07:38.

Comment

Hi Oman. I'm a new Ubox user, with pleasure, and with a few issues. I understand that you are involved with new firmware releases and you probably have a lot of know how. Maybe you could be so kind to have a look at my post on video stutter and sound pass through?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16486-R89-Multimedia-playback-and-XBMC-feedback-here&p=284299&viewfull=1#post284299

I have no idea if these issues are Kodi related or maybe (also) firmware related, but I bet you'll be able to judge that.

In the mean time I have a simple question. Once I uninstalled the Kodi 14 alpha version that came with my Ubox and installed stable version 14.1, the big XBMC button on the Ubox user interface does not work anymore. Is that hard coded, or is there a way for users to configure those buttons? Or is there maybe another way to get that working again?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Comment

Yes, it's hard coded... KODI uses another path than XBMC...
        BTW: If I'm not wrong at stock 111k4 it uses 13.x and not 14.x ?
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for your answer no_spam_for_me. That's a pity ... a big useless button.

My Ubox came with firmware 110 and it had Kodi 14.0 alpha installed. After upgrade to 14.1 that nice button became just pixels on the screen .

Still found no solution for the video stutter when audio pass through is enabled. It's even worse with SPMC ... that does only transmit noise when pass through is enabled.

Maybe filing a Kodi bug report can help to make the development team aware of the issue.

Comment

We user Ubox / Beelink R89 are abandoned a long time. We follow with stuttering problems in the videos and have no update to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyB View Post
              :
              My Ubox came with firmware 110 and it had Kodi 14.0 alpha installed. After upgrade to 14.1 that nice button became just pixels on the screen .
              :
              That's what I don't understand, but maybe, I can't remember, the alpha uses 'xbmc' at the path and not the 'kodi'... ???
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Last edited by ChiefWiggum; 02-25-2015, 17:37.
                Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
                Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

Re: Beelink R89/UBOX ROM/Tools release

It's been a while now since last update, i think after Chinese new year they'll come with lollipop update

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWiggum View Post
                    - micro stutter problem with 1080p/720p is not new and solved
                    - hdmi blackscreen/green screen is not new an not solved, i think
                    --> you can read a lot of information about it here
                    - i can give you some hints, its all written here down in forum, just write a private message in german
                    Okey, thanks for the offer, I've sent you a pm.

About the micro stutter - well for this one corner case that I use this player for where I only play a single video that I render myself only for this purpose - I have a solution: render the video with 3840x2160@60fps and set the hdmi connection to the same 3840x2160@60fps. this seems to work without micro stuttering.

but as a general purpose media player (for which I might have bought myself a second one of these things) it seems absolutely incapable: I want such a player to play whatever file I throw at it, without any issues like stuttering. also the promised 3D-BD-ISO support is still not here, which I'd also need if it is to replace my xtreamer sidewinder 3.

and also HD audio stream pass through makes the video stutter extremely, and DTS-HD MA pass through does not work at all.
                    Beelink NETXEON R89B V3.1 RK3288/A P6335/2G/16G
                    Screen: Samsung UE50HU6900 - link: 3840x2160@60Hz 10Bit
                    Apps: MXPlayer, Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon, scriptmanager, kbox2
                    (think: Public Display 4k)

Comment

Dear Oman can you please help me.

Originally posted by oman View Post
                      upload the ROM in the first post...Pls check it.
                      Dear Oman can you please help me Thank you very much will deeply appreciate Love you

Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted Kitkat 4.4 TV Box

How to install CWM or TWRP on (Beelink R89 Rk3288) without computer

Please show me step by step using ( ROM ToolBox Lite or Flashify or some other app ) to install CWM or TWRP on (Beelink R89 Rk3288) without computer something like just download apk to R89 TV box and then install directly to the Beelink R89 Rk3288 Devices

Because my computer win xp is very old about 14 year old only have 480MB Ram and unable to recognized the R89 tv box.

Because this is my first time using android devices.If you got the YouTube Tutorial link please let give the link Thank you.

Here is some question hope to get some answer

Question a) During update for 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 should i delete
                      (1)(wipe data/factory reset)
                      (2)(wipe cache partition)
                      (3)(wipe Dalvik cache)

Question b) Dear Oman do you have TWRP or CWM recovery APK for Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted Kitkat 4.4 TV Box

If you have Please give it to me thank you .

Question c) if i have already install (TWRP) on my R89, if i continue to up date the R89 will the (TWRP) be over write by the new update.

Here is some link i post for help during the update that i encounter .

Compassion Humble
                      请培养慈悲心和谦逊
                      Best regards : Gayble

Comment

@Gayble
                        maybe you should also have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Micro-SD-card but I never tried the SD way...

Yes, an update maybe will kill the TWRP (if the update also updates the recovery partition)...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                          @Gayble
                          maybe you should also have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Micro-SD-card but I never tried the SD way...

Yes, an update maybe will kill the TWRP (if the update also updates the recovery partition)...
                          Ok Thank you
                          And here is another Question

Question a) During update Firmware Should wipe (1)(wipe data/factory reset)(2)(wipe cache partition)(3)(wipe Dalvik cache) please give me some advice Thank you.
                          Compassion Humble
                          请培养慈悲心和谦逊

Comment

I don't know about "wipe Dalvik cache" ( I read it sometimes but I don't know when and where to handle), but an update do a factory reset which means wipe data and cache...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

How can i get back to original stock or version 2.0.5

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              I don't know about "wipe Dalvik cache" ( I read it sometimes but I don't know when and where to handle), but an update do a factory reset which means wipe data and cache...
                              Dear Sir can you please help me Thank you very much will deeply appreciate Love you

1)Thing that i have try but did not work i extract TWRP img file from folder that i have download for this site ( http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=4776 ) and i use ( flashify )to flash but it did not work and when i try to boot to recovery it only have blue Screen on my TV.

2)Thing i try using SD way to up date it unable to up date.

3)Thing that i try i download on is site ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Tools-release ) File name (update_R89_111k4110:) and use Rom ToolBox lite to flash and try to reboot my device now it can not boot at all it only got blue Screen on my Tv.

Question 1) Can i extract TWRP img file and use SD way to flash.Please give me some advice Thank you.

Question 2) How can i get back to original stock. or i just update to version 2.0.5 to get my device work, Please give me some advice Thank you.

Here is some link i post for help during the update that i encounter .
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-on-R89-tv-box
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...thout-computer
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...478#post288478
                              Compassion Humble
                              请培养慈悲心和谦逊

Comment

Sorry, but you try to use ways to flash your device which only some users use and your aren't able to fix problems by the standard way via AndroidTools at PC and last but not least it seems you don't really understand what you do... That's a bad combination...

You should find a friend where you can flash your device by the standard way via AndroidTools at PC if your PC isn't able to handle it...

As I wrote, I never tried the SD way, but maybe it needs the stock recovery which seems you killed...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X