X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tltester View Post
    Hi,
    I just tried to clean-install the updated rom and bricked mine device.
    First I flashed it through the first method (loader device), the log was fine but it didn't boot.
    Then I retried a few times with the two-holes-shortening method 2 (maskrom), tried both update_R89_108k4107_0903 and update_R89_107k4106 and, still, got nothing.
    It flashes, verifies, says that everything fine than reboot and that's it. Can't get neither recovery nor the system. My receiver's indicator (connected with hdmi) seems to get signal for a fraction of second than immediately loses it...

Is there anything more I could try? Something that may allow me to do a full restore including bootloader, formatting and re-partitioning?
    Did you try Finless method from #65 in this thread? It brought my box back from being dead.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Did you try Finless method from #65 in this thread? It brought my box back from being dead.
      I didn't, as I neither have a remote nor can't access recovery...

Comment

Thanks Oman

Thanks oman, I'll check the 108k4 with R89

Comment

... My receiver's indicator (connected with hdmi) seems to get signal for a fraction of second than immediately loses it...

Is there anything more I could try? Something that may allow me to do a full restore including bootloader, formatting and re-partitioning?
          Have you ever tried to connect it directly to your TV (instead via AV-receiver)?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Have you ever tried to connect it directly to your TV (instead via AV-receiver)?
            Actually, to be honest, I didn't. Will try that later. But why do you think it may help? It always worked before the brick, I also have another box (X7) that works fine with receiver, same cable, same everything... I pretty damn sure it has nothing to do with this. But, again, I'll try just to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              [QUOTE Although I do quite enjoy the process, just upset the Mrs with "you've been on that fu*king thing all day!" Etc lol
              That is the best laugh I have had all day.[/QUOTE]

lol sound like my wife , but it ok for them to shop all day and waste my money hahahaha

actually its more when spending my money

JustMe
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Actually, to be honest, I didn't. Will try that later. But why do you think it may help? It always worked before the brick, I also have another box (X7) that works fine with receiver, same cable, same everything... I pretty damn sure it has nothing to do with this. But, again, I'll try just to make sure

Well, the R89 is known to have problems with AV Receivers ( granted, noone has yet complained about lack of video, but there are loads and loads of audio-related problems) and since you described that you can flash the device just fine (meaning the flashtool can see the device and write to it), it's obviously not *dead*. So it's not entirely unreasonable to assume it's just not outputting video when you boot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                  Well, the R89 is known to have problems with AV Receivers ( granted, noone has yet complained about lack of video, but there are loads and loads of audio-related problems) and since you described that you can flash the device just fine (meaning the flashtool can see the device and write to it), it's obviously not *dead*. So it's not entirely unreasonable to assume it's just not outputting video when you boot it.
                  sometimes I also recognized (maybe 2 or 3 times) loosing video for 1-2 seconds and the TV shows res@freq information after the video is back, so maybe there doesn't only exist an audio problem... another one at another thread with another rk3288-device wrote about loosing his video-signal and tinkers at 'config' files at system-level to get it back... also you are loosing video-playback if you leave the HDMI-port at TV and come back (also curves begin at new to draw)...
                  Maybe there is something wrong at the HDMI-protocol... but can't identify it at dmesg (at one of the maybe 2 or 3 times it happens at my setup)...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

sometimes I also recognized (maybe 2 or 3 times) loosing video for 1-2 seconds and the TV shows res@freq information after the video is back, so maybe there doesn't only exist an audio problem... another one at another thread with another rk3288-device wrote about loosing his video-signal and tinkers at 'config' files at system-level to get it back... also you are loosing video-playback if you leave the HDMI-port at TV and come back (also curves begin at new to draw)...
                    Maybe there is something wrong at the HDMI-protocol... but can't identify it at dmesg (at one of the maybe 2 or 3 times it happens at my setup)...
                    Tried it, it doesn't help unfortunately.
                    What I need is some way to fully clean/wipe/reformat/reflash this thingie without any previous files leftovers... I think it's an only hope for now...

Comment

With the Tronsmart R28 Meta seemingly being the same as the R89, when I have finished reviewing the current rooted ROM supplied on the box, I was planning to try the firmware listed here.

But I noticed something when looking at the firmware version that I have.

Under the Vendor Software Version it shows 108k4, which made me wonder if this is actually Oman's latest firmware already installed?
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I think so... the 108k4 exists since ~ 1 week...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I think so... the 108k4 exists since maybe 1 week...
                          Thanks.

That will have saved me a job backing up and then flashing again only to find that I didn't need to lol

Comment

Manually OTA update via ADB/OTG

If you want to use adb to update your device with an OTG-update-file you have to do the following:
                            Code:
                            adb push xxxxxx.zip /mnt/internal_sd/update.zip
                            adb reboot
                            After reboot the system will ask you...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                              Thanks.

That will have saved me a job backing up and then flashing again only to find that I didn't need to lol
                              Yes, but also do a backup could be a nice idea, because I don't know if the Tronsmart e.g. use another boot-animation..

I think this update could also be interesting for you:

My main benefit is, that it keeps the [USB] -> 'Connect to PC' setting (for adb)
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Yes, but also do a backup could be a nice idea, because I don't know if the Tronsmart e.g. use another boot-animation..

I think this update could also be interesting for you:

My main benefit is, that it keeps the [USB] -> 'Connect to PC' setting (for adb)
                                The first thing that I did when I got the box was to make a backup before I destroyed it lol

Thanks for the link.

I will take a look and install it.

So far,so good with testing, touch wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X