This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oman View Post
    Look at in the first post,I write some new instructions..
    I followed your new instructions twice, but still "no devices found"
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      This worked for me but Build Number 104k4 in settings ,107k4 in About Device

The version number in MBXSetting are wrong...

In the original setting is right..

Next time we will correct it..

Do you have any other feedback about R89?
      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        I followed your new instructions twice, but still "no devices found"
        My skype:

[email protected]

Add me and do quick communication.
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

This worked for me but Build Number 104k4 in settings ,107k4 in About Device

TMx, can you clarify a little more, thanks
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Easy way to "MASK rom mode"
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

TMx, can you clarify a little more, thanks
              As Oman suggested Instead of pressing reset button before connecting USB to PC, short those points by something like this

thats it... you can install the new FW after PC (android tool)detects the R89 box ...

Comment

As Oman suggested Instead of pressing reset button before connecting USB to PC, short those points by something like this

thats it... you can install the new FW after PC (android tool)detects the R89 box ...
                Ok, thanks, I must have missed that suggestion. Where did he mention that??

but thanks, will give it a try.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I must have missed that suggestion. Where did he mention that??

but thanks, will give it a try.
                  He just recently updated his first post

Comment

He just recently updated his first post
                    Did you have any luck? I shorted the tiny, tiny holes , but still did not work

Comment

Just throwing that out there, connecting the R89 works more reliably if I do it this way:

- Connect the OTG cable to computer and R89
                      - Press the Button in the AV connector
                      - Plug in the PSU

The timeframe in which you have to connect the OTG cable (Or press the button) seems to be pretty tight, so -for me- it works more often (->all the time) if I reverse the order that Oman gave.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                        Just throwing that out there, connecting the R89 works more reliably if I do it this way:

- Connect the OTG cable to computer and R89
                        - Press the Button in the AV connector
                        - Plug in the PSU

The timeframe in which you have to connect the OTG cable (Or press the button) seems to be pretty tight, so -for me- it works more often (->all the time) if I reverse the order that Oman gave.
                        Thanks for the suggestion, I tried three times, but still would not connect.

Comment

STOCK ROM

Untouched stock rom 106k4 dump (at R89 2GB/8GB AP6210)
                          (Done before starting the system; first start up directly to 'boot loader mode')
                          'All in one' with configured 'RKAndroidTools v2.3' => you only have to press [Run] (and to have to wait )
                          I also include the ReadMe by Finless (THX Bob) how to dump and the meaning of the partitions.
                          Partitions: parameter, uboot, misc, resource, kernel, boot, recovery, backup, cache, kpanic, system, metadata, userdata, radical_update
                          BTW: 106k4 IMG only contains misc, resource, boot, recovery, system(also 107k4)
                          => http://www.file-upload.net/download-....dump.zip.html
                          download via this symbol at the download-link =>

I also generated a 'All in one' for
                          recovery_TWRP (2.7.1.0)
                          (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tible-with-R89)
                          => http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._TWRP.zip.html
                          and
                          recovery_stock (106k4)
                          => http://www.file-upload.net/download-...stock.zip.html
                          (107k4 recovery.img http://www.file-upload.net/download-...107k4.zip.html)
                          BTW: keyboard at recovery FLOP (also M1, only IR which I don't get , I found one with working up/down but NOT [ok], hmmmm, aaaah, power on/off reacts as [ok] )

Reboot_v1.2.2.apk is nearly a MUST to have

Next step: I will try to build update.zip versions for using by stock-recovery...
                          Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 10-31-2014, 11:56.
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

ADB

I) What you need:
                            1. USB-Driver via Moborobo (http://www.moborobo.com/)
                            (BTW: needs internet connection to install driver AND keeps USB-drivers after uninstall)
                            2. ADB by neomode (http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/adb.zip)

II) Prepare system(s):
                            1. Setup android
                            I've these settings in android
                            Settings -> [DEVICE] USB -> Enable Connect to PC
                            Settings -> [PERSONAL] Security -> Enable Unknown Sources
                            Settings -> [SYSTEM] Developer options -> Enable USB debugging
                            1a. Unplug power

2. Install USB-Driver via Moborobo
                            2a. Connect device via micro-USB-cable at OTG-Port at the device with your PC
                            2b. Plug power to your device (starts up automatically)
                            (2c. uninstall Moborobo)
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

OK FYI guys. I don't have the R89 yet but I do have the HPH box.
                              I was able to flash the 107K4 ROM to the HPH box and all works!

So this means it should also work the other way around
                              e.g. my finless 1.0 ROM for the HPH will work on the R89!
                              FYI R89 ROM is missing features like brightness and contrast adjust in display settings. My HPH 1.0 ROM has those.

no_spam, I have been trying to make a update.zip but no go!
                              I keep getting invalid package.
                              I have made 3188 update.zip files no problem! So RK changed something wither with the keys they used to sign zips, or the update binary in META-INF from 3188 will not work on 3288.

I have not tried it by booting into recovery I have just been using the built in update (it sees when update.zip is on sdcard and asks if you want to install it). This always worked on 3188.

Anyway, if you make any update.zip progress let me know but I have a feeling we need Oman to give us the keys or META-INF folder for 3288.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just finished making an update zip of 107k4 stock.... This is via Android kitchen, PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT WILL WORK!!

Anyhow, I'm uploading now will post link if anyone cares to try it

Comment

Working...
                                X