X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try This?

I had the same problems.

I had to use the universal RK driver installer program on my Win 7 64bit laptop. (RK_DriverAssitant.zip) Ever since that, I've had no driver issues.

I was under the impression that the A/V micro switch had to be held in as power was applied. Make sure you are powering your device with the wall adapter. Easy to hold in the switch with a toothpick while you plug in the adapter DC port, then the USB. Then you can release the micro switch.

Hope that helps...

Comment

when is the new firmware ready? I have still massive video playback problems with heavy stutters on the stock firmware.

Only with wasser 2.0.4a and SPMC Beta it works pretty good..

Comment

Hi, does anyone knows the differences between v3.0 and v3.1 PCB?
        Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0
        Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219
        Output: TCL U40S7606DS

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post

Another update method:
          1.Power up the device,select Setting->USB->Connect to PC;
          2.Deselect Setting->Developer options->USB debugging;
          3.Then Click 'switch',it will go into Update Mode.

thanks, maybe i missed this way earlier or its new but it was working great
          i am finally updated to latest 111k

Comment

Hi Oman . Its possible on official rom to have full partition .All custom rom have to much problem.

Comment

Finally working!

Hi,

After some time spent trying the different methods on the first posts, reading the whole thread posts, changing USB cables and computer USB ports, installing and removing drivers, rebooting Windows, opening the box, making a small wire for the 2 holes... I finally could update my Beelink R89 pcb v3.0 to firmware to 111k4110 just by using the drivers posted on this other thread: after installing those on My Windows 8.1 64 bits, everything magically started working.

Strange is that the drivers posted in this thread did not fail completely. The box could more or less connect but then upgrade fails. Anyway, here are some pictures of the opened box with the wire bridge and how that was failing with the original drives, if that can help...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beelink_R89_opened_noserial.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	437078Click image for larger version

Name:	Maskrom_failing.gif
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	437079

May I ask a newbie question? The update has erased all the applications and configurations that I had done to the box. Is there a way to upgrade while keeping those for next time?

Cheers from some eastern country where broken Internet brings XIXth century communication with the world back (is there a way to post through carrier-pigeon? not sure I will be able to connect in a few days or week).

Comment

Originally posted by dcava View Post
                :
                May I ask a newbie question? The update has erased all the applications and configurations that I had done to the box. Is there a way to upgrade while keeping those for next time?
                :
                The easiest way is 'Titanium Backup'

You can also try to use this (but seems to be a little bit more difficult, also if you don't know anything about the eMMC/NAND partitions and how to handle the flashing of parts (partition) via AndroidTools V2.3x to flash the TWRP to the recovery partition or back...)
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

this firmware upgrade procedure does look really awfully complex!
                  My biggest problem, I have no widows installed anywhere in range.

Is there some way of upgrading my Beelink R89 without a windows box? Like with a linux (ubuntu) desktop, having adb and fastboot binaries knowing my way around a console?

I'm currently on firmware build 110k4 (it was delivered from an amazon marketplace retailer with that firmware) and have micro stuttering for 1080p and 4k files, halts the video for a few miliseconds around once per second. Also the preinstalled xmbc crashes when I wind (or rewind) a h265 4k video. MX-Player installed from the play store plays and winds / rewinds it fine (except the micro stutter issue)
                  Beelink NETXEON R89B V3.1 RK3288/A P6335/2G/16G
                  Screen: Samsung UE50HU6900 - link: 3840x2160@60Hz 10Bit
                  Apps: MXPlayer, Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon, scriptmanager, kbox2
                  (think: Public Display 4k)

Comment

No way via ADB or Fastboot but with Linux tools
                    => http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/...image/en#Linux
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      No way via ADB or Fastboot but with Linux tools
                      => http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/...image/en#Linux
                      thanks for the quick reply!
                      Do I have a chance that I can even update the firmware of my box at all?
                      since I have this Board Revision: NETXEON R89B V3.1 RK3288/A P6335/2G/16G

Which is the same as user Ringli2k posted a picture of a month ago saying he can't / couldn't update.
                      @Ringli2k - are you reading this? did you manage to update your box or did you give up?

UPDATE: brilliant, worked, extremly easy. download, extract, run: (after the press av-button connect power connect pc to usb-otg port procedure)
                      sudo ./upgrade_tool uf new-fimrware-file.img

automatically reboots afterwards and works fine

UPDATE2: now I'm on this firmware: update_R89_111k4110_1219
                      but still have the same micro stuttering issue, I guess I'm gonna try the wasser firmware now.

UPDATE3: Firmware wasser-2.0.5 looks a little bit more like stock android and has less preinstalled stuff, but I sadly see the same micro stutter.

UPDATE4: Now I've connected the box to a 4k screen: Samsung UE50HU6900
                      And I'm struggling with the 4k 60p (hdmi 2.0) connection.
                      First I needed to reboot both the media player and the tv a few times (and connect and disconnect the hdmi cable a few times) to being able to configure the 3840x2160 60fps mode.
                      Now it's configured, but sometimes (like once every 10 minutes) the screen turns black for a few seconds.
                      I've also tried other HDMI-cables, but the one that was included with the Beelink R89 seems to work the best.

And I'm also still struggling with the micro stutter problem.
                      Last edited by kaefert; 02-21-2015, 14:31.

Comment

@kaefert: I have same stuttering every second with 1080 video on Kodi 14.1. Also have the crashes with fast forward on streaming video. I'm still on 110 frimware.

I do not have this stuttering on any of the 3 other video players that were pre installed, so that is a relief, I can at least watch 1080 video's from USB. But I was hoping for a fluent Kodi experience ... I do wonder why Kodi stutters, while any other player does not?

I was hoping that installing Wasser 2.05 would resolve the issue, but I read it did not help you any?

I fear the upgrade process some, cause there seems to be a lot of steps involved, drivers, software, even hardware mods on IC pins? I don't want to accidentally brick my device. But I'm not even going to consider taking all these steps if it is not certain that it helps? Do you in the mean time have any success?

Comment

Hi there RudyB,

I've found a solution for my micro stutter problem, though it might not apply for most of the users of media players in general:

The purpose of this media player for me is only to play one single video file in a loop for years till it dies.
                          And now I've found that although x265 encoded videos with 25fps do have this micro stutter, a x265 video with 60fps played while having the output configured to 3840x2160 @60fps does not have any visible stuttering for me.

I don't know if that would already have worked with the 110k firmware, and I don't plan on flashing it back to find out.

You write you have that stutter problem only with XBMC, my stutter problem was mostly the same in all players I tried. I actually use MX-Player as my default player, since it can be easily opened from a shell script with an android intent specifying the file to play.

About the update process: It's really simple with linux, no drivers, no installation, simple download and execute

Kind Regards,
                          Thomas
                          Last edited by kaefert; 02-21-2015, 18:20.

Comment

Kaefert, it's nice that you found a solution. The stutter with me is with h264 files. I have Kodi settng to 'adjust framerate to video' or how was it caled exactly in anattempt to avoid the issue you had. I'll still try some different settings. Atsomepoint I had the feeling it had something to do with the sound settings. I hope I can find settings that work, otherwise maybe I still attempt the upgrade. How, with what files and hardware, did you perform that 'easy' Linux upgrade?

Comment

the upgrade was really easy. I'm running a Linux Mint 17.1 Desktop on my Asus N550JV Laptop, and I guess any up to date linux distro will work as well.

I've simply downloaded and extracted this file:

and inside the extracted directory run
                              Code:
                              [COLOR=#3E3E3E]sudo ./upgrade_tool uf new-fimrware-file.img[/COLOR]
                              no need to worry about drivers or anything, no more keys to press, it will reboot automatically with the new firmware after its finished

The more complex thing is how to connect the Beelink R89 to the computer in a way that it will accept a new firmware:
                              1.) Press and hold the Button inside / behind the AV-Socket
                              2.) Connect the power (continue holding the button from 1.))
                              3.) Connect the micro-usb cable between computer and Beelink R89
                              4.) After a few seconds you can release the button from 1.)

apropos sound settings:
                              I tried a few files with sound, and found that DTS-HD tracks did not work (where not passed through the hdmi cable to my receiver) while DTS worked. I've only tried this with the 110k firmware, I did not connect the player to my receiver after upgrading, and now its deployed at its intended location and I can't / won't test anymore.

Comment

Kaefert, thx for explaining that ... I might give it a try.

In the mean time I found out that the video stutter goes away as soon as I change the audio settings in Kodi and disable pass through. I posted the details in this other thread:

Comment

Working...
                                X