No announcement yet.

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a crap shoot. Play slots much ??? Unsupported box any roms or anyone even seen one actually working. Most other quality boxes still being developed this one looks to chancy for me I'll pass.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Sounds like a crap shoot. Play slots much ??? Unsupported box any roms or anyone even seen one actually working. Most other quality boxes still being developed this one looks to chancy for me I'll pass.
      This box works perfectly fine. MUCH better stability and performance than even the 'mature' RK3066 ROMs in the wild.

Not bad for something being considered beta at best. I knew the state of affairs going in, the Bluetimes reps have been very forthcoming and a pleasure to deal with.

Comment

Sorry but no 3288 chip set box is fine just yet and same old bull from rock chip not being forth coming hdmi issues and still work in progress. Anyone buying now is a beta tester that's a fact.....

To state otherwise is foolish as even supported boxes still in development.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Sorry but no 3288 chip set box is fine just yet and same old bull from rock chip not being forth coming hdmi issues and still work in progress. Anyone buying now is a beta tester that's a fact.....

WTF is 'foolish'? I'm posting feedback from a box on hand, something not many others are doing. I'm posting both the good and the bad; in fact not even passing much opinion on what is either at this point.

Do you have one on hand? Or are you posting based off second/third hand knowledge?

I don't see how it's 'foolish' to be an early adopter, fully cognizant of the risks and state of both the software and hardware.

You 'knowledgeable, wise' buyers wouldn't be in a position to enjoy matured software/hardware if it weren't for the feedback and testing from us early adopters. Be grateful somebody takes the plunge and finds the time to provide open feedback for manufacturers and end users alike instead of posting nonsense calling us 'foolish' for adopting tech at a pace that just so happens to be different from yours.

Comment

..back to actual details

This device is listed as having 802.11 a/c - FALSE

It has the 6330 wifi chipset.

I can confirm it's also a Cortex A-12, not A-17.

Comment

Will never be thankful of manufacturers that sells to get support from end users if they stopped sales and acted like real manufacturers and acyually beta tested I'd be on board they use end users to fix what could have been resolved before sales. My 2 cents i am out. Good luck with your testing.

Comment

I will hold judgement until he has given a full review. I received a test box from Oman, it does have some flaws but it is the best box I have. When they sort out the audio passthrough via HDMI, these RK3288 boxes will be the best of the bunch. My Vega S89H is an awesome box also, but suffers from heat dissipation problem. This Beelink R89 does not have that problem. Granted, I swore I would never purchase another Rockchip box again, but the RK3288 seems very good right now.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  WTF is 'foolish'? I'm posting feedback from a box on hand, something not many others are doing. I'm posting both the good and the bad; in fact not even passing much opinion on what is either at this point.

Do you have one on hand? Or are you posting based off second/third hand knowledge?

I don't see how it's 'foolish' to be an early adopter, fully cognizant of the risks and state of both the software and hardware.

You 'knowledgeable, wise' buyers wouldn't be in a position to enjoy matured software/hardware if it weren't for the feedback and testing from us early adopters. Be grateful somebody takes the plunge and finds the time to provide open feedback for manufacturers and end users alike instead of posting nonsense calling us 'foolish' for adopting tech at a pace that just so happens to be different from yours.
                  Very well said.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Will never be thankful of manufacturers that sells to get support from end users if they stopped sales and acted like real manufacturers and acyually beta tested I'd be on board they use end users to fix what could have been resolved before sales. My 2 cents i am out. Good luck with your testing.
                    A lot of people enjoy being"beta testers", I know that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                      A lot of people enjoy being"beta testers", I know that I do.
                      Definitely! ..and I'll be posting a video review tomorrow. Should know enough by then to include most important details.

One thing that can't be illustrated via video is startup time - this thing starts up nearly instantly when on dalvik. Under ART it starts up in 7 seconds, also.

Comment

Definitely! ..and I'll be posting a video review tomorrow. Should know enough by then to include most important details.

One thing that can't be illustrated via video is startup time - this thing starts up nearly instantly when on dalvik. Under ART it starts up in 7 seconds, also.
                        Looking forward to it.

Comment

Cloudnetgo?

Earlier in [another] thread, I posted how the PCB on this Bluetimes device seemed very similar to a Cloudnetgo CR12 model I had come across.

It's identical in both enclosure and PCB to the Cloudnetgo CR12. I already have one of these on the way, I will be posting a review and breakdown of the box performance once it arrives.
                          Now that I have the Bluetimes tv box, I found it interesting to see references to Cloudnetgo peppered throughout the user manual:

Interestingly, Cloudnetgo tv boxes with similar specs as this Bluetimes device fetch a hefty 25-30% premium.

Comment

You can tell even in this picture, the Cloudnetgo CR12 pcb is identical to the images I posted earlier of the Bluetimes QBOX Pro. Only difference is mine has a heatsink in the image. (and capacitors added in empty slots and ESD protection)

BLUETIMES:

Comment

a little bit different at price

(ok, no camera, but ...)
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

...right. I mostly saw a 25% premium for the Cloudnetgo brand; that 50% difference is downright insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X