Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONFIRMED

The Cloudnetgo CR12 firmware runs superbly on the Bluetimes QBOX Pro. As if I needed more proof ... they're the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      It has a heatsink, but upon examination
      ...the pictures are terrible, but you get the idea.
      So finally you did open it ...heatsink is pretty decent but may not be sealed well. Curious as to why these manufacturers do not add ventilation holes
      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

I don't see how it's 'foolish' to be an early adopter, fully cognizant of the risks and state of both the software and hardware.
        I fully appreciate reviews/feedback on these boxes Without early adopters and reviewers, many buyers would really hesitate to buy...
        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
          So finally you did open it ...heatsink is pretty decent but may not be sealed well. Curious as to why these manufacturers do not add ventilation holes
          It has ventilation holes, but they're very small slats lining the bottom portion of the case.

Curiously, the device does not miss a beat during any stress test I've placed it under. The sole task that makes it restart is the Asphalt 8 racing game, but that may be due to incompatibility, as it restarts even in the menus of that game.

No other task or app that I've thrown at it has so much as caused it to hiccup. I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.

The latest version of antutu (v5.0) now completes and gives a score of 37K on a 1080p kernel.

The only limitations I have seen are with XBMC and the latest video tech; but that's more a consequence of developing/emerging technology than it is an issue with the device or RK3288 chipset. [Appple ProRes 4K video at extreme bitrates don't play well in XBMC] but most users with predominantly 1080p video libraries or streams will be very content with the RK3288.

The Bluetimes QPRO doesn't break a sweat w/ any 1080p60 content. It used to be that 1080p60 was used as a benchmark, but on this chipset that would be the equivalent of using 480p (or less) to benchmark RK3066, it's simply that capable.

Comment

...smh. I wanted to post a quick clip of the RK3288 being run through the paces w/ gaming and XBMC but somehow the quality was greatly reduced (from 1080p)when uploaded to youtube. Hopefully it's just still processing.

I don't agree that RK3288 firmwares are in beta or much less alpha, as some have stated. This is my 5th device to test and it works perfectly fine; I'd only urge caution for those looking to use them for gaming for hours on end, simply because only time will tell how well they dissipate heat.

Comment

Cortex A12

I'm seeing every indication that these RK3288 are built using Cortex-A12, not A17 as widely advertised.

From architecture part identification codes to dmesg read back, it all points to ARM Cortex-A12

Antutu V5.0 gives the following score w/ 1080p kernel:

Does anybody care to see the Icemark 3D benchmark scores? I ran the tests but there's not much way to compare against other devices, as Icemark has no clue what this device is, so it doesn't show in any of the comparison tables.

Comment

...smh. I wanted to post a quick clip of the RK3288 being run through the paces w/ gaming and XBMC but somehow the quality was greatly reduced (from 1080p)when uploaded to youtube. Hopefully it's just still processing.

I don't agree that RK3288 firmwares are in beta or much less alpha, as some have stated. This is my 5th device to test and it works perfectly fine; I'd only urge caution for those looking to use them for gaming for hours on end, simply because only time will tell how well they dissipate heat.

Excellent!!!
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It has ventilation holes, but they're very small slats lining the bottom portion of the case.

Curiously, the device does not miss a beat during any stress test I've placed it under. The sole task that makes it restart is the Asphalt 8 racing game, but that may be due to incompatibility, as it restarts even in the menus of that game.

No other task or app that I've thrown at it has so much as caused it to hiccup. I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.

The latest version of antutu (v5.0) now completes and gives a score of 37K on a 1080p kernel.

The only limitations I have seen are with XBMC and the latest video tech; but that's more a consequence of developing/emerging technology than it is an issue with the device or RK3288 chipset. [Appple ProRes 4K video at extreme bitrates don't play well in XBMC] but most users with predominantly 1080p video libraries or streams will be very content with the RK3288.

The Bluetimes QPRO doesn't break a sweat w/ any 1080p60 content. It used to be that 1080p60 was used as a benchmark, but on this chipset that would be the equivalent of using 480p (or less) to benchmark RK3066, it's simply that capable.
                  It does seem to be very impressive from your details above and also your video! Do you think this would be true of any RK3288 based device in general? Most of these boxes seem more or less similar except for some tweaks here and there.

Another question...has anybody found a true A17 based RK3288 or all these ones released till now are all A12's?
                  Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                    It does seem to be very impressive from your details above and also your video! Do you think this would be true of any RK3288 based device in general? Most of these boxes seem more or less similar except for some tweaks here and there.

Another question...has anybody found a true A17 based RK3288 or all these ones released till now are all A12's?
                    I'm not sure if all RK3288's are as mature as the Bluetimes QPRO. Other feedback seems to be mixed at best, which is what surprised me about this box.

I've not experienced any of the horrors of HDMI dropouts, video signal loss or any other glitches.

The video I posted is only a small part of the testing I engaged in. I wanted to post that because the overall impression left when browsing these forums is that RK3288 tv boxes are in beta stage at best; but that's simply not true.

The included remote works very well to put the device in standby and resume when ready. And last but not least, the included 2.5a power supply is actually adequate - and we know that's almost never the case with tv sticks/boxes.

...and nope, none on the market are Cortex A-17, from what I've seen. It may end up being a good thing at this point.

Comment

Shomari, I do hope you are right about this box being a good one. I have just ordered one. We will obviously see in time.

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
                        Shomari, I do hope you are right about this box being a good one. I have just ordered one. We will obviously see in time.
                        I hope you ordered straight from the factory. That's how I bought mine and I'm ordering another shortly. First one got here in 11 days flat (to US) and is covered by **** moneyback guarantee. The factory is excellent with communication.

http://m.****.com/itm/111439762253?txnId=1257616762001

Comment

I hope you ordered straight from the factory. That's how I bought mine and I'm ordering another shortly. First one got here in 11 days flat (to US) and is covered by **** moneyback guarantee. The factory is excellent with communication.

http://m.****.com/itm/111439762253?txnId=1257616762001
                          For RK 3288 we think
                          if 6330 wifi module donot support 2.4G and 5G at the same time ,The wifi 6210 is the best choice with price
                          with ESD portec hdmi
                          with wifi 6210 chipset support bluetooth4.0
                          with commonhousing 2GBDDR 8GB FLASH
                          price with 89.9USD
                          Its will more competive price with RK 3288

Comment

Originally posted by alexdou View Post
                            For RK 3288 we think
                            if 6330 wifi module donot support 2.4G and 5G at the same time ,The wifi 6210 is the best choice with price
                            with ESD portec hdmi
                            with wifi 6210 chipset support bluetooth4.0
                            with commonhousing 2GBDDR 8GB FLASH
                            price with 89.9USD
                            Its will more competive price with RK 3288
                            The Bluetimes QPRO does support dual band wifi. I've tested both 2.4/5GHz wifi, they work fine.

Comment

The Bluetimes QPRO does support dual band wifi. I've tested both 2.4/5GHz wifi, they work fine.
                              how do you think with ap6210 instead with ap6330 ?

Comment

Originally posted by alexdou View Post
                                how do you think with ap6210 instead with ap6330 ?
                                ...I don't like the AP6210 because it doesn't support 5GHz wifi. AP6210 is only 2.4GHz compatible.

Comment

Working...
                                X