Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
    Heya, I can't get the new ROM you link to work correctly. it flashes, and I get HDMI signal, but black screen. Nothing else.

I will try Kodi16b5 on your previous lightbiz OS rom
    Please try Erase Flash and then Upgrade in second tab of the flash tool, maybe that will help.
    If using a 4K TV, try using a non-4K HDMI Port.
    If using a 720p TV, try to use a 1080p tv.
    The resolution is set to 1080p by default.
    You can try to unplug the HDMI cable while the box is on and replug it again and see if that helps.
    I flashed the ROM myself and it worked correct on my 1080p display.
    If using a 720p display, I can make a different kernel for people to flash.

Comment

Can I use in beelink R89 ?

Comment

Originally posted by manero View Post
        Can I use in beelink R89 ?
        It should probably work, but not the shutdown button.
        'EraseFlash' first to clean your device from previous firmware then 'Upgrade'

People in Russia used it on Tronsmart R89 but they tested it with AV not HDMI.
        AV only support up to 720p okay, 1080p don't look nice, no 10-bit color and color looks messed up.
        If you want to use AV, you should plug a VCR Video player into your tv and use cassette tapes not digital videos
        Should always use HDMI output for best picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Please try Erase Flash and then Upgrade in second tab of the flash tool, maybe that will help.
          If using a 4K TV, try using a non-4K HDMI Port.
          If using a 720p TV, try to use a 1080p tv.
          The resolution is set to 1080p by default.
          You can try to unplug the HDMI cable while the box is on and replug it again and see if that helps.
          I flashed the ROM myself and it worked correct on my 1080p display.
          If using a 720p display, I can make a different kernel for people to flash.

Ok, will do the flash erasing and upgrade from the advanced panel.

I am using a 1080p Receiver / TV so it should work ok. It did in your previous ROM. I just don't see the update process happening afterwards, can you confirm filesize / md5 of the uncompressed ROM IMG file?

Comment

Ok, will do the flash erasing and upgrade from the advanced panel.

I am using a 1080p Receiver / TV so it should work ok. It did in your previous ROM. I just don't see the update process happening afterwards, can you confirm filesize / md5 of the uncompressed ROM IMG file?
            Size - 775,158,232 bytes , not size on disk that is different
            Updating should start about 15 seconds after you press 'Upgrade' and go from 1% to 100%.
            The blue light on the HPH-NT-V6 will then turn on.
            On other devices the lights won't work, so you have to plug it into a tv to see if it works.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not having any luck.

I tried AndroidTool 2.35 and RKBatchTool. The flash process goes 100% without any problem, so that is not the problem.

The HDMI signal that is lost during the update, does trigger afterwards and the receiver receives 1080p60, but I get a completely black screen after the flash completes, and nothing else. Usually, the box goes into ASCII Auto Recovery Mode 5.0 and I can see the image update taking place... but not this time. I left it there for >1hour, no change. I am able to to back and flas the ROM you posted at the beginning of this thread and the unit works fine at that point.

So something's not working on this firmware image for my unit, likely video related.

I ran the Kodi 16b5 APK on the previous ROM from you, and I do see the DTS-HD and TrueHD options now in the audio menu, but PassThrough isn't working with your older ROM. There is no sound or receiver signal when PT is enabled. That's why I likely need the newer test ROM you posted, but without video working, I'm not going anywhere.

Has anyone else in this thread been able to boot off the test ROM on the RK3288 box?

Comment

Sorry, I'm not having any luck.

I tried AndroidTool 2.35 and RKBatchTool. The flash process goes 100% without any problem, so that is not the problem.

The HDMI signal that is lost during the update, does trigger afterwards and the receiver receives 1080p60, but I get a completely black screen after the flash completes, and nothing else. Usually, the box goes into ASCII Auto Recovery Mode 5.0 and I can see the image update taking place... but not this time. I left it there for >1hour, no change. I am able to to back and flas the ROM you posted at the beginning of this thread and the unit works fine at that point.

So something's not working on this firmware image for my unit, likely video related.

I ran the Kodi 16b5 APK on the previous ROM from you, and I do see the DTS-HD and TrueHD options now in the audio menu, but PassThrough isn't working with your older ROM. There is no sound or receiver signal when PT is enabled. That's why I likely need the newer test ROM you posted, but without video working, I'm not going anywhere.

Has anyone else in this thread been able to boot off the test ROM on the RK3288 box?
                Please try this firmware for Pass-Through test with the Kodi 16 beta 5.
                http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y..._16_PT_720p.7z
                It is exactly the same firmware as the one in the OP but without any tweaks & 720p kernel setting.

After Flashing, does the blue light come on on your tv box?
                Try to leave it plugged into the PC for another 2 minutes after flashing before disconnecting.
                Are you also using a USB port from the back of your PC instead of one on the front or one from a notebook?
                Turn your tv on first and wait for picture/signal to appear, now connect the power cord of the tv box, after that connect the HDMI cable from the tv to the tv box in this sequence.

The Kodi 16 beta 5 I posted will function the same as any nightly Kodi without pass-through on all firmware except the firmware I posted here for pass-through test as it has extra audio changes in another file that work together with this specific Kodi.
                I just want people to test it and see how it works compared to Rockchip Kodi/NTMC that uses an older method to get pass-through working in the other firmware.

Kodi 16 beta 5 PT
                http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx...v7a-Build2.apk

On the tv box
                1. Set Audio Output to HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings
                2. Choose your pass-through settings in Kodi - Settings - Audio(enable expert settings at the bottom first)

Comment

Hi Mo,
                  Thanks firstly for your awesome work secondly I have tried both versions of the rom on an 8gb ubox just on the off chance it would work. Its hanging on the boot screen and I assume this is down to the fact its an 8gb and the image is for 16gb plus - just wondering if there is anyway to get it working on the 8gb version? Thanks for any response!

Comment

Hurray everything is working for me on my HPH with a720p display.:0) Thank you so much.

I keep it simple so I don't use any media center software i.e. Kodi.. Just view Netflix, Hulu and BBC.

Is there a way to restore the notification / time tab at the top and the navigation icons on the bottom of the screen? Would there be an option in the build.prop file?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                      Hurray everything is working for me on my HPH with a720p display.:0) Thank you so much.

I keep it simple so I don't use any media center software i.e. Kodi.. Just view Netflix, Hulu and BBC.

Is there a way to restore the notification / time tab at the top and the navigation icons on the bottom of the screen? Would there be an option in the build.prop file?

Thanks again
                      I don't think the statusbar support for normal Lollipop is built into the firmware, but I'll see if a build.prop setting will change anything.
                      It's extremely difficult to add something like this as you have to make several modifications to the source code and risk the firmware not booting.
                      You can enable a different statusbar and the top notifications with -Settings - Display - 'Enable Multi Window' setting.
                      You can then click the middle zoom icon on the top right of windows to make them fullscreen and click on the down arrows icon on the left side of the statusbar to go complete fullscreen.
                      To bring the statusbar back on, you hold the left mouse click and drag the bottom where the statusbat should be up for it to reappear.
                      It works best with a wireless PC mouse or airmouse with a freely moving mouse pointer instead of a IR Remote that usually ships with a device.
                      An airmouse can cost $15-$30 and is a good investment.
                      http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...048310800.html
                      http://www.tinydeal.com/mx3-m-24ghz-...-p-115077.html

You can also try flashing the first ROM in the OP again but use the 720p kernel included in the second Pass-Through Test ROM here.
                      I will also upload the 720p kernel separately to the OP.
                      The OP ROM has several tweaks and fixes these last 2 ROM's don't have.
                      But these 2 last ROM's has a new pass-through method and Kodi from Rockchip that doesn't work on the ROM in the OP.
                      I want people to test these 2 ROM's that are identical except for the last one that can work on 720p displays so I know which of the 2 Kodi's sound work the best to make another new ROM.

Comment

What a ..... , mo123 you did what i though impossible , HEVC 10 bit in kodi for the first time ever , i couldn't believe it when it worked
                        Each firmware i try this 10 bit kodi HEVC as my series of standard tests and it always fails , to the point that i lost hope and delayed
                        This test to the last , to my very surprise it worked this time with this rom.

Not only this but the HEVC low black level banding is also fixed , meaning that the rom is set to black level = low without the famous
                        over brightness bug , so no need now for the work around of setting the rom to black level = high , it just works exactly as it should
                        Which is another problem that is only solved in this rom.

It also solved the bug where the video stutters in all UHD x264 videos during and fade to black parts , all 4k x264 trialers display
                        clips of the movie separated by a fade to black in which all previous roms stutters badly , but not this rom which played the entire
                        Fade to black sections without stuttering.

Along with some other tiny video playback fixes that is done for the first time in this rom.

Only one thing that doesn't work which is the UHD resolution , doesn't work when select it from settingsor in kodi also
                        Both give black screen and it is the only thing that keeps this rom from perfection for me

All in all , mo123 i don't know what magic did you pull into this rom but i can assure you that it works and by works i mean WORKS
                        Thanks alot mo123 for this rom that i can only applaud and raise my hat for and if you find away to fix the UHD resolution it will be
                        Really the epic rom (it already is ) , thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I don't think the statusbar support for normal Lollipop is built into the firmware......You can also try flashing the first ROM in the OP again but use the 720p kernel included in the second Pass-Through Test ROM here.
                          I will also upload the 720p kernel separately to the OP.
                          The OP ROM has several tweaks and fixes these last 2 ROM's don't have.
                          But these 2 last ROM's has a new pass-through method and Kodi from Rockchip that doesn't work on the ROM in the OP.
                          I want people to test these 2 ROM's that are identical except for the last one that can work on 720p displays so I know which of the 2 Kodi's sound work the best to make another new ROM.
                          By OP did you mean ver 1.1 and 1.2? If so then the issue for me is that Netflix doesn't work with those builds. If there isn't a build.prop option and there is no option in Nova launcher then I will probably have to modify the systemUI.apk and Frame-res.apk which is a pain.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by reeso3000 View Post
                            Hi Mo,
                            Thanks firstly for your awesome work secondly I have tried both versions of the rom on an 8gb ubox just on the off chance it would work. Its hanging on the boot screen and I assume this is down to the fact its an 8gb and the image is for 16gb plus - just wondering if there is anyway to get it working on the 8gb version? Thanks for any response!
                            It should work if you flash latest Lollipop resource.img( or perhaps kernel.img also) from latest stock Lollipop ROM of UBox device or maybe Wasser 3.0.2 firmware, but I'm not sure if it's new enough to successfully boot together with this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post

By OP did you mean ver 1.1 and 1.2? If so then the issue for me is that Netflix doesn't work with those builds. If there isn't a build.prop option and there is no option in Nova launcher then I will probably have to modify the systemUI.apk and Frame-res.apk which is a pain.

Thanks for your help.
                              By OP I mean this ROM

I also uploaded the 720p kernel to flash separately for people with 720p displays.
                              Did you flash that one or the one below it in the OP - Kodi 16 beta 5 Pass-Through Test ROM 720p?
                              You mention Nova launcher so flashed the first one that has the extra features which is correct.

If you can get easy instructions to modify systemUI, Frame-res, what settings to add and picture files for statusbar, please share with me, I can then add a statusbar in the source code which will be a little easier then decompiling those apps.

Have you tried the - Settings - Display- Multi Window(enabled)?
                              Maybe that solution will help you too

Comment

Mo123 on your suggestion I enabled the multi-window option and it works perfect. There is a status bar, clock, etc. It's actually quite nice. It will just will take a bit to get use to.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X