Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluehunt View Post
    can you please confirm if netflix is working ?

thank you.
    It should work since it's based on December source code and not the older August ones previously used.
    My Netflix expired so I have to get a trial account again and use a VPN service to test which is a bit difficult, but will do if someone else doesn't test it in the meantime.

Comment

i will test it this evening and report back asap.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Please test this Kodi.
        Uninstall NTMC.
        To reinstall the NTMC, you can go to /system/preinstall/NTMC
        I'm also working on a new Kodi 16 and Rockchip already released new pass-through patches, so I'll see if I can get that going also, but I'll have to rebuild the ROM and first upload it as a test ROM.

Thanks for the info! I've given the RockChip Kodi from the link you posted a go, and also tried the latest Kodi 16beta4 . I seem to be getting the same behavior more or less, don't know if it's kernel or kodi related.

I have the Android environment audio device set to hdmi bitstream, and the Kodi audio settings set to no keepalive / passthrough on / ac3 on / dts on

When I play a MKV movie file with DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio track, it gets passed as a 5.1 track with 'fltp', and the receiver goes into 5.1 mode , but no Master Audio makes it through.

When I play a MKV movie file with Dolby True HD 7.1 audio track, it gets passed as a stereo track to the receiver. The audio plays fine, but on 2 channels.

each time I initiate playback, I do see the receiver renegotiating the HDMI bitstream and clicking into the set speaker mode.

The audio on the 15.2 Lollipop build you linked me to has a continuous stutter every 1/10th of a second. I can hear the audio fine, but it's sort of clipping.

The 16Beta4 release doesn't have the audio issue.

As a comparison, I have a RK3368 box running the latest Zidoo X6 Pro firmware, and on that unit, Kodi 15.2 passes the Master Audio track in DTS-HD MA, and Dolby True HD as well for the same movie files I'm using as a test. They do use a 75MB buffer (vs 10MB default I see in the other releases).

Comment

i can confirm that netflix is working (latest version of netflix from Google play); dns from https://tvunblock.com/ (no vpn needed)

thanks again for the firmware.

Comment

so im just watching tv on kodi with the new firmware.... box crashed twice so restarted.... then final crash with no power at all.... going to reinstall firmware and see ?

Comment

hello,

I installed the rom / but the OK button is not working with the default remote / with my male airmouse it is ok...
              is the act firmware within the update.img file

I got the hph box apx. 1 year ago special build *first ones with 4gb memory and 32gb rom / so after one year I tried to use it for tvheadend playback but no luck...
              is there something special I need to consider *put on some new firmware...

any help would be great

thanks
              holli

PS / when I use the resolution for 4k 60hz I get not good picture on my 65 4k screen

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk
                so im just watching tv on kodi with the new firmware.... box crashed twice so restarted.... then final crash with no power at all.... going to reinstall firmware and see ?
                For me the screen get freeze directly when I start the box, and the nova launchers it's also not so good and it's making it worse, will switch off the DC and try again and see if any luck

Comment

Originally posted by holli73
                  hello,

I installed the rom / but the OK button is not working with the default remote / with my male airmouse it is ok...

I got the hph box apx. 1 year ago special build *first ones with 4gb memory and 32gb rom / so after one year I tried to use it for tvheadend playback but no luck...

any help would be great

thanks
                  holli

PS / when I use the resolution for 4k 60hz I get not good picture on my 65 4k screen
                  My mele f10 deluxe and the regular hph remote don't work for me

Edit: my mele f10 deluxe remote work now after 2 restart the box
                  Last edited by Shadi86; 12-30-2015, 01:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post

My mele f10 deluxe and the regular hph remote don't work for me

Edit: my mele f10 deluxe remote work now after 2 restart the box
                    Any airmouse will work right.
                    I will just check the IR Remote, but people should use an airmouse by default since it's much easier to use.

Comment

For me the screen get freeze directly when I start the box, and the nova launchers it's also not so good and it's making it worse, will switch off the DC and try again and see if any luck
                      Do you know of another launcher with a Lollipop look that is free?
                      There was a Chinese Launcher first included that was even more difficult to use.

Comment

Originally posted by holli73 View Post
                        hello,

any help would be great

thanks
                        holli

Please have a read.

What DVB tuner do you have and is it included in the dvb tuner zip file in one of the posts above?
                        Can you get it working on your own perhaps?
                        I will try to add DVB tuner support in next firmware.
                        Glad you mentioned this new feature.

Comment

any answer from anyone on a lollipop teamviwer app that will quicksupport mirror ?

Comment

Waiting your new release so I can get you feedback,

many thanks

New Kodi 16 beta 5 with Optimized Pass-Through support(Only for ROM below)
                            Here is the Kodi Passthrough Test ROM.
                            Please test the new Kodi 16 beta 5 for video playback, pass-through and with Light Biz OS
                            Can manually hide the status bar with the bottom arrow icon to make it fullscreen and swipe the bottom part of the screen up to make the status bar reappear.
                            http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1..._16_PT_Test.7z
                            Kodi 16 beta 5 PT
                            http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx...v7a-Build2.apk

1. Set Audio Output to HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings
                            2. Choose your pass-through settings in Kodi - Settings - Audio(enable expert settings at the bottom first)

Other people with pass-through equipment, please test the above ROM.
                            I want to know if it Kodi & pass-through works correctly and better than the ROM in the OP, so I can make a custom ROM with this new Kodi 16 beta 5 with optimized pass-through support.

Maybe just install a different launcher first for easier navigation.
                            Last edited by mo123; 12-30-2015, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

New Kodi 16 beta 5 with Optimized Pass-Through support(Only for ROM below)
                              Here is the Kodi Passthrough Test ROM.
                              Please test the new Kodi 16 beta 5 for video playback, pass-through and with Light Biz OS
                              Can manually hide the status bar with the bottom arrow icon to make it fullscreen and swipe the bottom part of the screen up to make the status bar reappear.
                              http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1..._16_PT_Test.7z
                              Kodi 16 beta 5 PT
                              http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx...v7a-Build2.apk

1. Set Audio Output to HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings
                              2. Choose your pass-through settings in Kodi - Settings - Audio(enable expert settings at the bottom first)

Other people with pass-through equipment, please test the above ROM.
                              I want to know if it Kodi & pass-through works correctly and better than the ROM in the OP, so I can make a custom ROM with this new Kodi 16 beta 5 with optimized pass-through support.

Will give it a try

Comment

Heya, I can't get the new ROM you link to work correctly. it flashes, and I get HDMI signal, but black screen. Nothing else. When I flash your previous ROM, the unit goes into 'recovery system 5.0' and does the update, but in this case, nothing happens. Maybe I'm not patient enough post-flash?

I will try Kodi16b5 on your previous lightbiz OS rom

Comment

Working...
                                X