Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! is there any chance to load remix os on this device?

Comment

Originally posted by beacool View Post
      Hi all! is there any chance to load remix os on this device?
      Can you list some of the main Remix OS settings, benefits that you find useful?

Rockchip can port your suggestions into their Light Biz OS to make it a lot similar to Remix OS.
      They already implemented some of my suggestions into their latest version.

But stock Remix OS won't work at the moment as Rockchip will have to adapt all their drivers, settings, work to be fully compatible with Remix OS that might take months to do.
      All their new hardware to be released in the next few weeks were already made compatible with their Light Biz OS.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        Can you list some of the main Remix OS settings, benefits that you find useful?

Rockchip can port your suggestions into their Light Biz OS to make it a lot similar to Remix OS.
        They already implemented some of my suggestions into their latest version.

But stock Remix OS won't work at the moment as Rockchip will have to adapt all their drivers, settings, work to be fully compatible with Remix OS that might take months to do.
        All their new hardware to be released in the next few weeks were already made compatible with their Light Biz OS.
        The main thing is why i like remix os is working like easy as windows. Im using this rom (light biz) its good for standart android but far behind from being "windows like".
        Remix os pluses:
        * smooth windows experience.
        * mouse support (mouse acts like touching screen) and right mouse button
        * desktop and file control options.

Please dont missunderstand im not trying to say bad things to your works. (btw im using your roms on my devices and i am greatful for it) but critisizm makes perfection.

Best regards...

P.S.:Is there any chance to install xposed on this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by beacool View Post

The main thing is why i like remix os is working like easy as windows. Im using this rom (light biz) its good for standart android but far behind from being "windows like".
          Remix os pluses:
          * smooth windows experience.
          * mouse support (mouse acts like touching screen) and right mouse button
          * desktop and file control options.

Please dont missunderstand im not trying to say bad things to your works. (btw im using your roms on my devices and i am greatful for it) but critisizm makes perfection.

Best regards...

P.S.:Is there any chance to install xposed on this rom?
          Xposed on Lollipop RK3288 is not possible at the moment.
          It has something to to with changes in the framework that is not fully compatible with Xposed and causes Xposed to hang.
          But with Android Marshmallow released later this year for RK3288/RK3368 it might work, don't know.

Comment

To Mo
            I have a UT3 and first flashed the new 3.0.4 from Ugoos i made a Bugreport in the UT3 Section because of the same Stockrom u can use some Hint like
            add 3g Data Plan Button,BT is not possible to hide the visibility of Bt,Wlan date cycle cold be change and some more.
            If you are interested i made German Translations for Ugoos for the english Parts of German in Settings.

Hope it helps

nice Day

gefattern

en_strings.zip

Comment

Have someone had an issue with HD / DTS sound whereby there is a loud short burst of "white noise" for about 1 sec when playing a movie file? It really gives me a fright each time but after that the sound is clear. The GUI audio settings in NTMC = off as well as Keep audio alive = off. I have 4k samsung tv with samsung ht system. I saw some other posts in other threads about the same issue but very old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by janplank View Post
                Have someone had an issue with HD / DTS sound whereby there is a loud short burst of "white noise" for about 1 sec when playing a movie file? It really gives me a fright each time but after that the sound is clear. The GUI audio settings in NTMC = off as well as Keep audio alive = off. I have 4k samsung tv with samsung ht system. I saw some other posts in other threads about the same issue but very old thread.
                I hope my posts don't get randomly deleted for the 3rd time.
                it really takes a long time to post again.

You can try the following
                4K resolution settings that are working :
                Android settings
                * resolution is set on AUTO
                * framerate sync ENABLED
                * Audio set to HDMI Bitstream instead of default
                Kodi settings
                *Playback - Adjust display refresh rate - Always
                - Pause during refresh rate change - 11 seconds
                - Sync playback to display - On
                *Acceleration - Allow hardware acceleration MediaCodec - On
                - Allow hardware acceleration RockchipCodec - On
                - Allow hardware acceleration Libstagefright - Off
                *System - Audio output - Play GUI sounds - Never
                - Enable passthrough - On
                - DD/DD+/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD - On.

You can try these 2 Kodi's
                Please uninstall NTMC first.

You can also test audio on the second ROM in the first post and that Kodi together.

Comment

10-bit X265 support in Kodi was added in the v1.3 ROM.
                  On previous Lollipop firmware it won't work correctly, but it also works on the latest KitKat firmware.

The HDMI disconnecting I think is a 4K TV problem as only people with 4K TV's mentioned they get a black screen.
                  There is a new patch to fix black screens problem but I'm not 100% sure what it does or fixes.
                  I will try to make a new firmware with that fix but it will take some time. It it is a big issue for you, you can try to use this firmware in the meantime with fixed black screen on 4K TV's.
                  You can also try to set Android resolution to some 4K one and in Kodi 'disable automatic refresh rate switching', close Kodi fully and reopen it afterwards.
                  In the first post at the bottom I also posted another test firmware for use with my special Kodi 16 version, might get different audio results from it.

In MXPlayer you can change the codec to H/W or H/W+(if enabled in the settings) and test video playback, if it says S/W it plays with the CPU and is not hardware decoded which will make it play slow.
                  For audio out of sync, you can try to set the audio offset in Kodi while a video is playing with the Audio icon at the bottom, perhaps to the right 250ms or something.
                  You can also try to setup an advancedsettings.xml file for Kodi to set the audio offset just for certain file types.
                  From what I read in official Kodi forums, they are still struggling to make HD Audio work correctly on Android devices natively.
                  Rockchip has to find ways on their own to support HD Audio and they might not have all the knowledge official Kodi developers have to fix all the bugs fast.
                  I also see Koying the developer of SPMC that brought AC3/DTS pass-through a year ago to Rockchip devices is working on a new Kodi Jarvis SPMC version, so if he manages to release it, it will work much better than these Kodi's on Rockchip devices. Rockchip also released a newer Kodi 16, but I'll only be able to get it working on HPH NT-V6 after the Chinese New Year Holidays finish. It should also work much better.
                  There Mo, I fixed it for you.

Comment

Mo, I will give those options a go tonight. It seems the previous build was better at playing video that this version. I only have 2 x256 10 bit colour videos but mostly I use lossless MKV & 3D MVC files. I hope everything will turn out fine after few more firmware updates. Would you agree with me mo? Do intel boxes perform better at HD / DTS & 4k than android does?

Comment

Mo, I will give those options a go tonight. It seems the previous build was better at playing video that this version. I only have 2 x256 10 bit colour videos but mostly I use lossless MKV & 3D MVC files. I hope everything will turn out fine after few more firmware updates. Would you agree with me mo? Do intel boxes perform better at HD / DTS & 4k than android does?
                      Intel boxes don't support HD Audio or 4K videos with their GPU at the moment.
                      The $100 Intel boxes available everywhere won't be able to do the 2 options above, that's why they are cheap.
                      The latest Intel chips might have it added, but to get such a portable PC will probably go in the price range above $350, then you might just as well get an Nvidia Shield if all it's firmware bugs are also solved in the future.

There is also work being done for Kodi on Linux firmware for HPH NT-V6 & HPH NT-V8 RK3368, so that will also provide different opportunities.

The MKV videos you play, what codecs eg. vc1, avc do they use, framerate, what bitrate?
                      The internal video player sometimes work very smooth for high bitrate video.
                      If videos are eg. stored on an external harddrive, sometimes videos might stutter as USB 2 max speed is 480mbps but in real tests provide around 50-70mbps stable video playback.
                      If you can access your videos from a samba server from a network with a gigabit lan cable about 100-400mbps bitrate videos will be able to be accessed smoothly and with a Wireless 5Ghz router about 100-300mbps smoothly. But the max bitrate of videos supported by the chipset ranges between 100-200mbps.

There will also be a newer RK3229 & RK3399 chipset that will be able to do above 200mbps bitrate and also X264 10-bit hardware decoding and VP9, which is used by 4K Youtube videos in the next few months.
                      Last edited by mo123; 02-03-2016, 11:35.

Comment

With Mac1 help with the 3288 its actually viable as linux device now. Works quick and has a few quirks but runs actually ver smooth now.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
                          With Mac1 help with the 3288 its actually viable as linux device now. Works quick and has a few quirks but runs actually ver smooth now.
                          Can one then run openelec on the linux distro?

Comment

Can one then run openelec on the linux distro?
                            You can run Linux Kodi, it's very stable.
                            But not Kodi standalone as in Openelec yet.
                            Developers will have to write full software compatibility with Openelec and do it for free.
                            I also asked Openelec for help a year ago but they have no interest in bringing their software to new devices, don't know if that has changed now.
                            Here is also a thread - http://openelec.tv/forum/41-supporte...rk3288-support . The more people post there, then they might consider it.

For Android you can also set Kodi as your launcher with an app from the Play Store then it starts automatically when you power on your device.

Comment

You can try these 2 Kodi's
                              Please uninstall NTMC first.

You can also test audio on the second ROM in the first post and that Kodi together.
                              Mo, I tried both apps. Kodiappv15.2 would not install for some reason. V7a installed but HD audio now just white noise.

The beelink firmware did not boot on my device. Nothing happens when power is applied to the unit. I reverted back to 1.1 again. It seems that HD audio causes a time delay between audio&video.
                              Seems if one thing is working the other aint...Thanx for all the support though. Do you think there will be a fix before this chip is regarded as end of life?

Comment

Mo, I tried both apps. Kodiappv15.2 would not install for some reason. V7a installed but HD audio now just white noise.

The beelink firmware did not boot on my device. Nothing happens when power is applied to the unit. I reverted back to 1.1 again. It seems that HD audio causes a time delay between audio&video.
                                Seems if one thing is working the other aint...Thanx for all the support though. Do you think there will be a fix before this chip is regarded as end of life?
                                The chipset is a long way off from end off life, will have updates for at least another 2 years.
                                Please try this firmware, choose UT3S.

There is also other KitKat firmware where 9/10 people say HD Audio is working well for them but it just need to be adjusted for this tv box to make the wifi work, I'll post a guide to install it this weekend.
                                -Better support for HD Audio in Kodi
                                -Added support of 4K H.265 TS in Kodi

Some comments from users:
                                Atmos works in a stable way now
                                DTSMA working fine in Kodi, with few exceptions
                                all working great!!! AC3, DTS, DTS HD MA, TRUEHD working perfect!!!
                                No stuttering, no audio lost!!!

Here is a list of audio receivers tested, might be helpful to see which work best and with what settings.
                                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1685174283

Chinese holidays are until end of next week, then there should be lots of activity, firmware updates etc. again.
                                Also now that official Kodi has pass-through support, it will be easier for Rockchip to fix the remaining audio problems in Kodi.
                                Even the Nvidia Shield, the fastest Android device only got working HD Audio support this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X