Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i the only one with audio hickups / drops out every 4-6 sec? Only with HD sounds though... If i uses dts it works without any problem..

I can create some logs but just wanted to know if iam the only one with this dropouts..

Comment

I get DTS-HD MA 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 & 7.1 playing solid throughout a 2hr movie without any drops. I only get sync / drop issues when I try to seek . My 'fix' is to first pause, then seek, then unpause when the receiver gets a HDMI audio signal. This appears to get around the issue.

Otherwise, I don't have any audio hiccups with the 720p ROM that mo123 posted 1/2way in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
        My 'fix' is to first pause, then seek, then unpause when the receiver gets a HDMI audio signal.
        Great! That I will test

Comment

Mo , i sent you a pm but it looks like it is truncated or something (I think that i exceeded the maximum pm length) anyway i will repeat it here:

I sent you the catlog you asked to send to rockship to fix the UHD resolution issue but i doubt that they will fix it anytime soon , so wasser stated that he has fixed this UHD issue in his Lollipop rom
          I checked and found that is true and the UHD is working in his rom so may be you can ask him how to fix it ?

Comment

I have yesterday a littel bit test the 2 ROMs. I must say I have a UGOOS UT3. Here are my bugs that I found:

Light Biz v1.3 ROM:
            NTMC: Sound of PT DTS/DD are every about 1min lost for 1sec
            Kodi from Wasser: big stuttering if the video is 25/50Hz. Less stuttering if video are 23,976Hz

Test ROM 720p
            Kodi Jarvis Beta 5: no sound with PT, only stereo

In all Tests:
            Receiver: Onkyo 626 connected over HDMI
            In Settings I have 1920x1080 auto enabled (not 60Hz).
            In Kodi I have GUI Sounds and Audio alive: off
            In Kodi I have set that the framerate is this from videofile

In next days I make the logfiles

I see only yet that in #28 ist a newer ROM...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCritter View Post
              I have yesterday a littel bit test the 2 ROMs. I must say I have a UGOOS UT3. Here are my bugs that I found:

Light Biz v1.3 ROM:
              NTMC: Sound of PT DTS/DD are every about 1min lost for 1sec
              Kodi from Wasser: big stuttering if the video is 25/50Hz. Less stuttering if video are 23,976Hz

Test ROM 720p
              Kodi Jarvis Beta 5: no sound with PT, only stereo

In all Tests:
              Receiver: Onkyo 626 connected over HDMI
              In Settings I have 1920x1080 auto enabled (not 60Hz).
              In Kodi I have GUI Sounds and Audio alive: off
              In Kodi I have set that the framerate is this from videofile

In next days I make the logfiles

I see only yet that in #28 ist a newer ROM...
              Thanks
              You probably also set this settings, but just to make sure.
              In Test ROM
              - Try Audio Alive: on
              - Did you set audio to HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings?
              - Enable DTS/DTS HD Audio settings in Kodi Expert, Audio Settings?
              The Kodi 15 beta 5 has lots more HD Audio settings to choose in settings.

When you try to make tests, logcats, kodi logs, try to use the same test videos or link to videos somewhere which other people can also test.

For Light Biz v1.3 ROM
              Try to test this Kodi also

Do you use DTS/DD or also DTS HD, EAC3 etc?

Comment

In the 720p test ROM...
                Yes I have set HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings an enable DTS&DTS HD in Kodi.
                Kodi 15 beta 5? You mean Kodi 16 beta 5? Much settings are greyout if I activate PT. I have only test DSP, but no sounds too

When I send logs with the Kodi log uploader, you can see this, or only the core Kodi developer?

DTS-HD I have test too. No sound

Maybe today in the evening I can test more

Comment

[QUOTE=Nicktdot;n548213]I get DTS-HD MA 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 & 7.1 playing solid throughout a 2hr movie without any drops. I only get sync / drop issues when I try to seek . My 'fix' is to first pause, then seek, then unpause when the receiver gets a HDMI audio signal. This appears to get around the issue.

I am also running the 720p Rom but i still have these hickups (about 13 sec. of playing a movie). It shows DTS-MA on my Sony DN1040 Amp. this is a Media info on the movie. Can you provide me with a Media info on your movie? Then i will try to see if i can find one with the same codec and see if it runs.

General
                  Format : Matroska
                  Format version : Version 2
                  File size : 34.0 GiB
                  Duration : 2h 16mn
                  Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                  Overall bit rate : 35.8 Mbps
                  Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-14 19:23:11
                  Writing application : mkvmerge v4.9.1 ('Ich will') built on Jul 11 2011 23:53:15
                  Writing library : libebml v1.2.1 + libmatroska v1.1.1

Video
                  ID : 1
                  Format : AVC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                  Format profile : [email protected]
                  Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                  Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
                  Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
                  Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
                  Bit rate mode : Variable
                  Maximum bit rate : 35.6 Mbps
                  Width : 1 920 pixels
                  Height : 1 080 pixels
                  Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                  Frame rate mode : Constant
                  Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
                  Color space : YUV
                  Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                  Bit depth : 8 bits
                  Scan type : Progressive
                  Language : English
                  Default : Yes
                  Forced : No

Audio
                  ID : 2
                  Format : DTS
                  Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
                  Format profile : MA / ES Discrete / Core
                  Mode : 16
                  Format settings, Endianness : Big
                  Codec ID : A_DTS
                  Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant / Constant
                  Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
                  Channel(s) : 7 channels / 7 channels / 6 channels
                  Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
                  Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
                  Frame rate : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
                  Bit depth : 24 bits
                  Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy / Lossy

Comment

I have with the Test PT ROM HD Sound, but only when the refresh rate is 60Hz, If an movie switch to 24Hz, I have no HD Sound. DTS works with 24Hz.
                    Problem is the movies are not so smooth in 60Hz as with the original 24

With the Geforce Kodi I have HD Sound too, but if I enable Rockchip Codec the movie freeze but I her HD sound. If I turn Rockchip Codec off, then the video works not correct

Comment

[QUOTE=Thomasqqq;n548605]
                      Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
                      I get DTS-HD MA 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 & 7.1 playing solid throughout a 2hr movie without any drops. I only get sync / drop issues when I try to seek . My 'fix' is to first pause, then seek, then unpause when the receiver gets a HDMI audio signal. This appears to get around the issue.

I am also running the 720p Rom but i still have these hickups (about 13 sec. of playing a movie). It shows DTS-MA on my Sony DN1040 Amp. this is a Media info on the movie. Can you provide me with a Media info on your movie? Then i will try to see if i can find one with the same codec and see if it runs.

General
                      Format : Matroska
                      Format version : Version 2
                      File size : 34.0 GiB
                      Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                      Overall bit rate : 35.8 Mbps
                      Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-14 19:23:11
                      Writing application : mkvmerge v4.9.1 ('Ich will') built on Jul 11 2011 23:53:15
                      Writing library : libebml v1.2.1 + libmatroska v1.1.1

Video
                      ID : 1
                      Format : AVC
                      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                      Format profile : [email protected]
                      Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                      Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
                      Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
                      Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
                      Bit rate mode : Variable
                      Maximum bit rate : 35.6 Mbps
                      Width : 1 920 pixels
                      Height : 1 080 pixels
                      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                      Frame rate mode : Constant
                      Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
                      Color space : YUV
                      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                      Bit depth : 8 bits
                      Scan type : Progressive

Audio
                      ID : 2
                      Format : DTS
                      Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
                      Format profile : MA / ES Discrete / Core
                      Mode : 16
                      Format settings, Endianness : Big
                      Codec ID : A_DTS
                      Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant / Constant
                      Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
                      Channel(s) : 7 channels / 7 channels / 6 channels
                      Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
                      Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
                      Frame rate : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
                      Bit depth : 24 bits
                      Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy / Lossy
                      I think the audio hiccups is because of the 23.976 framerate of the movies.
                      If you can try the v1.3 Light Biz ROM instead of the PT Test ROM it will help.
                      The PT Test ROM doesn't have the 23.976 optimize setting in Kodi at the moment.
                      In Kodi/NTMC enable 23.976 optimize in video settings and also set your pass-through settings in Audio
                      You can test with NTMC or this Kodi

Comment

I installed this firmware on my Beelink R89. Even so I'm quite dissapointed by LighBiz OS .

There are many flaws but without resolving the most annoying it is almost useless for me:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-08-15-51-49.png
Views:	99
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	548770

Only I have this problem? I mean application icon occupy only half of the task bar space. More over acctual time displayed is shifted by 9 hours from UTC zone. It is probably from one of China's time zone.
                        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                          I installed this firmware on my Beelink R89. Even so I'm quite dissapointed by LighBiz OS .

There are many flaws but without resolving the most annoying it is almost useless for me:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n548770[/ATTACH]

Only I have this problem? I mean application icon occupy only half of the task bar space. More over acctual time displayed is shifted by 9 hours from UTC zone. It is probably from one of China's time zone.
                          The time should be able to be set right. I'll just check.
                          Yes the task bar only show a couple of apps.
                          But it should be easy to change in the source code to show a few more apps.
                          I'll find out about this.

Nagrace said Android Marshmallow is also in the works, so we'll probably see firmware in February as Rockchip is releasing it end January 2016.

Comment

[QUOTE=mo123;n548651]
                            Originally posted by Thomasqqq View Post

I think the audio hiccups is because of the 23.976 framerate of the movies.
                            If you can try the v1.3 Light Biz ROM instead of the PT Test ROM it will help.
                            The PT Test ROM doesn't have the 23.976 optimize setting in Kodi at the moment.
                            In Kodi/NTMC enable 23.976 optimize in video settings and also set your pass-through settings in Audio
                            You can test with NTMC or this Kodi
                            http://www.megafileupload.com/ealk/K..._GFORCE100.apk

In NTMC and the Kodi 15.2 Geforce there is no Passthrough option for DTS-HD or TrueHD. Only DTS..

If i install the version you link to on page 1,(16.2 Jarvis) there is no sound with passthrough and with DTS-HD and TrueHD enabled in Kodi. Only if i remove Passthrough there is sound.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thomasqqq;n548782]
                              Originally posted by mo123 View Post

In NTMC and the Kodi 15.2 Geforce there is no Passthrough option for DTS-HD or TrueHD. Only DTS..

If i install the version you link to on page 1,(16.2 Jarvis) there is no sound with passthrough and with DTS-HD and TrueHD enabled in Kodi. Only if i remove Passthrough there is sound.
                              Try to change speaker settings in Kodi, then other HD Audio settings might show up.
                              Here is Rockchip Kodi, it should be the same as the other Kodi's, but you can also test it.

Kodi Jarvis 16 beta 5 is only for the PT Test ROM as it requires different code in the firmware to work with that Kodi.

Comment

[QUOTE=mo123;n548805]
                                Originally posted by Thomasqqq View Post

Try to change speaker settings in Kodi, then other HD Audio settings might show up.
                                Here is Rockchip Kodi, it should be the same as the other Kodi's, but you can also test it.

Kodi Jarvis 16 beta 5 is only for the PT Test ROM as it requires different code in the firmware to work with that Kodi.
                                No option for hd audio on the geforce version of Kodi 15.2 with speakers settings changed.. Cant test ntmc because i uninstalled it and dont have the apk file anymore..
                                The rockchip version dont have HD audio support either.. All Kodi versions with passthrough enabled plays my DTS-MA as dts-es..

Your passthrough test rom is so close to be perfect.. Can you make a version with a 23.976 fps patch or something? I would love to test that..

Comment

Working...
                                X