Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368 Custom Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368 Custom Rom

Today I bring to you a new custom rom built by myself for the following devices:
    Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368

Reason I am doing this is I have Tronfy TVB-X6 box and firmware that comes onboard is very poor, many bugs, no support so I decide to make my own

When I decided this I found out that Tronfy X6 is actually just a rebadge of all the above devices and the Z4 RK3368 have lots of new firmware and have current releases up to 22nd December 2015!

So I build this firmware below on 22/12/15 release software of Z4 RK3368 found here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=702783

In this firmware I have:

Fixed Playstore crashing
    Added advanced power menu (APM/5 way reboot) - options to reboot to recovery and bootloader etc
    Removed GooglePinyinIME
    Added cool new Android TV bootanimation made by me based on design by someone else
    Fixed some permissions
    Fully rooted with latest SuperSU + Busybox
    Updated many libs (improve picture quality H265 should work perfectly)
    Updated Kodi to 15.2 (This Kodi includes RockChip hardware acceleration and TrueHD DTSHD options, acceration works but passthrough audio not working)
    Updated key layout so recent apps button works on Minix remotes
    Added some custom keylayouts for some devices
    Updated build.prop for some enhancements and to make GB Europe/London default
    Added TVLauncher - I think this is much nicer and better working launcher option

Maybe more I forgot?

Now to download my firmware it is here:

I recommend AndroidTool_Release_v2.3 to flash this firmware, click on upgrade firmware tab, click firmware and select my image, click upgrade to flash

I hope to do some more work to this rom and make some more fixes but I am getting Nvidia Shield TV Box soon so will leave this development so use me now while I am here to help :-D

Please post and bugs you find and post and suggestions or extras you want :-)

Thanks for your work on new rom for Z4 RK3368. Nice that dev works continues at a fast pace for this TV box.

I have been using probably same updated firmware from http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=http%3A%2...g_20151222.zip

Also using Kodi Jarvis 16.0 beta 5 from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852

Pretty smooth except for a random reboot once in a while ( which causes me to take a break ). Yours ok? Mine doesnt have a play store crashing problem.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hi,

tried this custom rom of yours, but facing some issues like
        freezing issue while updating or running any app from google (e.g playstore , youtube etc)
        lagging issue while updating any app from playstore
        error -504 while installing the update or a new app from google playstore
        freezes when i try to install any app through pc
        crashing issue is still there

Comment

Originally posted by PriSim View Post
          Hi,

tried this custom rom of yours, but facing some issues like
          freezing issue while updating or running any app from google (e.g playstore , youtube etc)
          lagging issue while updating any app from playstore
          error -504 while installing the update or a new app from google playstore
          freezes when i try to install any app through pc
          crashing issue is still there
          Most of the freezing you are experiencing is the low quality hardware inside the box, not the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Most of the freezing you are experiencing is the low quality hardware inside the box, not the firmware.
            I just checked and matched my hardware with pics of z4 , that are posted on 4pda. My hardware is as same as they showed up the pics.

and one more thing got one rom from eny (older one) that is working for me (more than other roms that are available) but some time that rom showed problem too.

And also there are many other people like me facing same problem (you can check the xdaforum) and their problem resolved by changing the firmware.
            Last edited by PriSim; 01-21-2016, 05:48.

Comment

Hi

I did try this custom firmware and is the best out there. My Z4 Andoer works beautiful with no HW problems and no freezing. Only one thing i like to be fixed. At first my CPU was 1.5mhz and with this firmware is only 1.2mhz. In Kodi 15.2 works every thing good but simple IPTV pvr wont play M3U tv is this maybe problem of 64bit system? It load`s all tv programs but wont play and the load icon is joust spinning. I upload iptv app from store and there does play M3U programs normally (but i must set IP+udp to play m3u). On openelec and my HTC ONE kodi normally play tv programs in kodi joust on Z4 not.

Please add support for Melee F10 deluxe remote
              Last edited by Rob77; 01-21-2016, 19:40.

Comment

Can somebody check if this is the problem for simple iptv
                CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set

OK. I activated UDP proxy and now IPTV works.
                Last edited by Rob77; 01-24-2016, 22:24.

Comment

Hello liamstears,

I just downloaded and tried your custom Firmware. Very nice. Definitely like the fact that it is already SU'd and that already brings a newer version of Kodi. My units are EA05 and EKB368's. Both RK3368's only difference is their onboard memory size. Have a question. Since Remix OS is out there and Rock's Light Biz OS, have you considered building one option into your firmware? It seems the only one available now for download is for the Geekbox. But I tried their firmware on my boxes and they do load but the Input devices are not recognized (remote, mouse, kb). So it's useless. Can you share some light on this request. The RK units offer Octo cores and it's a shame we make more use of it's capabilities with a more Windows desktop type of experience. Please share your thoughts. Btw, keep up the good work !

learning65

Comment

Hi. Can someone plese make an update becouse we got new official rom rk3368_z4_6335_longchengweiye_20160125_v001.zip

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Last edited by Rob77; 01-26-2016, 16:30.

Comment

Has anyone tried this rk3368_z4_6335_longchengweiye_20160125_v001.zip yet? If so how well or poorly does it work? My EKB368 is working very well with 20151222 installed. I would like have an idea of how well this release works before updating. I looked a 4PDA and someone has tried it there, but I can't understand the results using Google Chrome to translate the pages from Russian. They're doing a great job with our box on 4PDA.
                      Miltblue

Comment

Originally posted by miltblue View Post
                        Has anyone tried this rk3368_z4_6335_longchengweiye_20160125_v001.zip yet? If so how well or poorly does it work? My EKB368 is working very well with 20151222 installed. I would like have an idea of how well this release works before updating. I looked a 4PDA and someone has tried it there, but I can't understand the results using Google Chrome to translate the pages from Russian. They're doing a great job with our box on 4PDA.
                        That firmware is full of pirated Kodi addons.
                        It also uses very old codecs and RKVideoplayer from Sep last year, don't know what Eny Tech is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

That firmware is full of pirated Kodi addons.
                          It also uses very old codecs and RKVideoplayer from Sep last year, don't know what Eny Tech is doing.
                          Its not official firmware from eny (i think so) cuz boot image is modified with authors own nick name (Android Tech GUY)
                          SO i think there is no fault from ENY tech.

And if you have a stable performance using 22-12 update then don't update.

Comment

I tried the Android guy's 20160125 update and it hung a lot especially when I was using Kodi. Pretty buggy it seems. I went back to 301512222. Working fine again.
                            Miltblue

Comment

Did someone tried this ROM?

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

It was on this forum

Comment

Working...
                              X