1*RJ45
    1*AV
    1*Power input
    Power 5V/2A
    What's in the Box
    1 x TV box
    1 x IR remote
    1 x HDMI cable
    1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
    1 x User manual
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SCISHION-V88-RK3229-4K-Android-5-1-KODI-TV-BOX--362686-.jpg
Views:	1519
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	583847

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 07-26-2016, 19:58.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Are there any reviews out yet on this box? They just popped up in the "sale" section at Gearbest for only $22.99.
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_401685.html
    I also came across a coupon "GBSV88" wich gives an additional $1 off. I can confirm that the coupon is currently active but I don't know for how long.
    At $21.99 you could get some of these just as a gift for someone .

Comment

Originally posted by Cooni View Post
      Are there any reviews out yet on this box? They just popped up in the "sale" section at Gearbest for only $22.99.
      http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_401685.html
      I also came across a coupon "GBSV88" wich gives an additional $1 off. I can confirm that the coupon is currently active but I don't know for how long.
      At $21.99 you could get some of these just as a gift for someone .

The review of the SCISHION V88 TV Box. Get this from AMAZON: http://geni.us/FmJz - Gearbest: http://bit.ly/2i3RUHS - ...
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Does anyone have the firmware img for this device? I'd love to see it.

Comment

Bricked the device and in need to help from a kind stranger.

Comment

Its just another chinese fakebox.

Resolution is just 720p which are blown up to 1080.

It does not work with kodi, as you can't set the aspect ratio, so everything that is not plain 16:9 looks awful.

Does one know a working firmware for this unit?
            Last edited by FattyPatty1; 08-15-2016, 20:18.

Comment

You should check whether you have Google Play or something else installed. Install Google Play, if there is just some weird AppStore installed.
              Then install kodi from Google Play. And there all settings should be available.

The GUI itself is blown up from 720p, but video rendering/playback is done via Overlay, thus native Resolution of the video file scaled to your set display size.

What I didn't see anyone dare now is to install a newer firmware. The specs are quite similar, this firmware should work, too:
              http://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware-...60628-release/ - as soon as my box arrives, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Hello Koepi, i have this set top box, i have tried to install another version of KODi ( because the aspetct ratio is not good) from the play store but it not work.
                the firmware that you have posted is working? everyone has tried it?
                in case that it works how i can flash it ?

Comment

I just got one of these V88's in. I got it when it was on sale for $19.99. It had a custom Kodi 16.1 installed and it seems to work fine for me. It does not seem to have the video stutter problem that the MX4 boxes have. It has the exact same remote as the MX4. The GUI resolution is up-scaled on 1080p. I tested a 1920X1080p image in the gallery viewer and it was not true 1080p. I ran a test video on Kodi and there is a noticeable difference between 1080p and 720p resolution. So it does look like video can play higher than 720p, not sure if it is really 100% 1080p though.

Overall, I can't complain at all about this box for the price. It is rooted too, same as the MX4. I couldn't really care less that it's Android 5.1 vs the MX4 being 4.4. Actually i kind of like the 4.4 GUI and task manager better. This V88 does a weird thing where the previous tasks are still in the stack after being turned off. I don't know if that's a new feature with 5.1 or what but to me it's more annoying than anything. No big deal, I'm kind of nit picking. Another thing I like about these two RK3229 boxes, they support 360 gamepads no problem. I like to casually game on my boxes and run old emulators so no gamepad support is a deal breaker for me. I tried a couple Amlogic boxes and neither the S905 or S805 MQ? whaterver box detected my 360 gamepad, = no thank you.

Comment

Its overlay to 1080... Actual 720 😁
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I opened up a V88 and MX4 to compare. The V88 board is actually labeled MX4N-V02. The MX4 board is marked MX4-V10. The V88 has a different wireless chip, SV6051P. While the MX4 has RTL8703AS.

I've added a picture comparison.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

We should be able to improve on some things and wifi can be re added after otherthings working. Anyone have a link to latest firmware? The biggest problem with these 3229 devices is locked software.
                        Last edited by scooter2014; 08-26-2016, 14:41.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

i have two big problem.
                          i f i try to install some software the play store crashes.
                          and kodi preinstalled dont have all the features of the real kodi. firsto of this the change of resolution. so all is scaled to 1080 but 16:9 aspect ratio. so if we have a film that is not a 16:9 , kodi scaled it to 16:9 and the aspect ratio fail...
                          any one have tried to install another version of kodi from play store or an apk?
                          or better: is possible to uninstall this version of kodi and install a fresh one?

Comment

Hello guys i am new to this forum and want to contribute to your community. I have dumped the firmware of my V88 box befor i failed to flash the update image posted by Koepi. Through trial and error i was able to build a image and restore my box. If someone is interested i would upload it.

Comment

Please do.. I have box coming and will look into this device too....

Comment

Working...
                              X