SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    That will not work on a sd card. He has to use the amilogic tool to flash the firmware for this device.
    The device has a rockchip processor. Using the update tool for amlogic processors is nonsense.

Comment

Sorry thought Pro... Yes has to use the rockchip flash tool.... But it still cant be used from sd card. Sorry i had thought it was the v88 pro.... The tool is in the rockchip thread 2.3
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Koroner View Post
        Hello,
        Update is working for me. Just rename *.img to update.img, copy it to sd card and insert card into working box (working = with active android). After few seconds will appear window with question about update. Just "say yes"...
        First run after update takes long time, it looks like bootloop :/ I have not waited and stopped the process. Next I cleaned "user data" from recovery mode. After cleaning, next boot goes quickly.
        This works.

Wiping user data seems necessary after update. It takes some time again after this, but you end up on homescreen finally.

System seems to work a lot quicker now and way more stable.

Gonna install kodi now and add experience to this post.

Kodi not full screen anymoe. Black bars all around.
        Last edited by FattyPatty1; 09-26-2016, 21:49.

Comment

Just curious if task bar and notifications working?
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Black bars can be solved through box settings screen scale.

Taskbar and notifications? What do you want to know? They seem to work in my opinion.

Update makes the box a very lot faster. After update i manually updated the play store and it needs some time in background to get things done, cos google account magically disappeared.

But came back after some minute and now its working.

I haven't pushed the cpu with no frills app yet but seems like it is not needed, it's pretty fast now.

seems they made it faster by adjusting ram management. Sad sideeffect is, it kills apps directly when switching to home screen, so thomgs like Adguard do not work anymore.

so in the end they made it very fast now, but sasly its a kodi only box as all other apps get directly killed from ram when you switch to home screen. That makes it unusable wirh adblockers or basically any app that you might want to use simultaneously, like writing a mail and check something in browser. Only one app at time and only as long this app is not send to background.
            Last edited by FattyPatty1; 09-26-2016, 23:27.

Comment

Can someone explain how to enter recovery ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marko1982 View Post
                Can someone explain how to enter recovery ?
                On backside there's the av jack. Use a needle or something like that and push the button inside the av port. Hold pressed, connect to power and then the recovery appears after some time. You can remove the needle once it appears.

Comment

Originally posted by FattyPatty1 View Post

On backside there's the av jack. Use a needle or something like that and push the button inside the av port. Hold pressed, connect to power and then the recovery appears after some time. You can remove the needle once it appears.
                  Thanks alot. Now I will try to push new firmware into it. Can I do it from recovery ?

Comment

@Marko1982: I tried many times to make it to the recovery, but without effect. Only a trick with inserting SD card gave a positive result.

Comment

Originally posted by Koroner
                      @Marko1982: I tried many times to make it to the recovery, but without effect. Only a trick with inserting SD card gave a positive result.
                      For enter recovery:

- unplug power cable
                      - press and keep pressed reset button.. In meantime insert power cable (while still reset button pressed)
                      - after some second stop to press reset button.. The recovery screen will appear

Comment

Could someone try apps like Link2SD with the new firmware? I heard that the ROM is quite slow (only 5MB/s write speed), so I thought to use a class 10 SD card for apps data.

Comment

Thanks for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by FattyPatty1
                            Black bars can be solved through box settings screen scale.

Taskbar and notifications? What do you want to know? They seem to work in my opinion.

Update makes the box a very lot faster. After update i manually updated the play store and it needs some time in background to get things done, cos google account magically disappeared.

But came back after some minute and now its working.

I haven't pushed the cpu with no frills app yet but seems like it is not needed, it's pretty fast now.

seems they made it faster by adjusting ram management. Sad sideeffect is, it kills apps directly when switching to home screen, so thomgs like Adguard do not work anymore.

so in the end they made it very fast now, but sasly its a kodi only box as all other apps get directly killed from ram when you switch to home screen. That makes it unusable wirh adblockers or basically any app that you might want to use simultaneously, like writing a mail and check something in browser. Only one app at time and only as long this app is not send to background.

I confirm all..

Just think well BEFORE do update because the new ram management kill any app in background. Does NOT allow you to:

- listen music (Spotify, etc) while do other thing
                            - keep active any chat/social app to receive messages in real time..
                            - allow to security software of a IP Cam to alert you about intruders (I use)
                            - switch from an app to another (just ONE app in ram)
                            - etc, etc..

The positive thing is that now Scishion V88 is very fast.

Honestly I prefer now, but is just because I use this android box only as 'Kodi machine' and a little of Spotify in the evening.. stop..

If you want a more generic use for now is better keep original firmware and not upgrade.

A question: Someone know where to find ".img" of first original firmware???

Comment

@cattivik: look at #17 post of this thread. You can find attached dump of firmware there.

Comment

Originally posted by Koroner
                                @cattivik: look at #17 post of this thread. You can find attached dump of firmware there.
                                For install a dump is necessary "Android Tool" as explained in post #27...?

Comment

Working...
                                X